Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

He's a great player and in 10 or 15 years when he becomes the new Maldini or Facchetti, with 200 or 300 Inter games under his belt, in that moment I'll remember his debut," Mourinho says.

"In my view Santon is a right-back who can also play in midfield, ­principally in the position currently taken by Javier Zanetti. His versatility will be very important in his career. For example, Beppe Bergomi played as a centre-back, on the right or left and now Zanetti can play pretty much anywhere. All this is because they have character and ­confidence".

Mourinho on Santon. Probably been posted before but I just feel its worth reminding ourselves of the potential he still has.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1964/saylorfeel.jpg

He's a great player and in 10 or 15 years when he becomes the new Maldini or Facchetti, with 200 or 300 Inter games under his belt, in that moment I'll remember his debut," Mourinho says.

"In my view Santon is a right-back who can also play in midfield, ­principally in the position currently taken by Javier Zanetti. His versatility will be very important in his career. For example, Beppe Bergomi played as a centre-back, on the right or left and now Zanetti can play pretty much anywhere. All this is because they have character and ­confidence".

Mourinho on Santon. Probably been posted before but I just feel its worth reminding ourselves of the potential he still has.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1964/saylorfeel.jpg

:clap:

Guest Roger Kint

Surprised someone hasnt given the Saylor comments that treatment from .com :lol:

That's the reason I used Saylor, mate. :lol:

:lol: didnt even look at the photo, cant believe i missed it

Apart from the Christmas and New Year period he's been fine.

Yeah the whole time Jonas was injured.

Rubbish, he's performed well without Jonas and performed poorly without Jonas, the main reason he performed poorly was playing basically 3 games in a week.

No coincidence he's been better since he's gone back to playing just once a week.

Fullback is one of the hardest positions in football IMO, the positioning, the amount of pitch to cover and the fitness needed.

And one of the most important, still shocks me how cheap how fullbacks are despite how a very good one can totally reshape you're team.