Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Regardless of how thin our squad is getting, what is it with the club policy of paying 100% upfront on all buys, but seeming keen to loan players out with an obligation to buy, essentially agreeing to sell them in the summer but letting the buying clubs have them for free for now.

He's got more talent in his little toe than Dummett does (and I don't mind Dummett)

The fact Dummett is a better defender, and has more goals that Santon despite playing far fewer games, suggests this might be a bit of an exaggeration.

I hate the way they treat players purely as commodities to be bought and sold.  They seem to forget they are dealing with human beings with families and not just a load of merchandise from the warehouse.

It is so rare these days for a foreign player to put roots down in this area.

I hate the way they treat players purely as commodities to be bought and sold.  They seem to forget they are dealing with human beings with families and not just a load of merchandise from the warehouse.

It is so rare these days for a foreign player to put roots down in this area.

Not sure this is unique to us though. And players also treat clubs as disposable. I don't like it either but it's a massive business now.

Santon would have been better for us under different management in my opinion.

He isn't defensively sound but with someone like him at RB / LB and Haidara/Debuchy LB/RB with good competent wingers we would have had an, exciting, good, attacking side. Unfortunately, we were mismanaged by Pardspew.

That being said Janmaat is defensively the strongest out the lot at RB...

For me i would have liked to see him played as a winger in a 4-4-2, just out of curiosity...

For me i would have liked to see him played as a winger in a 4-4-2, just out of curiosity...

Yeah, he did have such fantastic end product.

:lol:

Probably no less than the rest of our wingers in his time here...