Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

He might just have been there because he's Sissoko's mate. Kinda like when Erik Pieters came to one of our games.

Hope Pieters tweets about the mackem match again, the mental bastard.

He might just have been there because he's Sissoko's mate. Kinda like when Erik Pieters came to one of our games.

Hope Pieters tweets about the mackem match again, the mental b******.

What did he say?

'Beat those people' or something similar.

Guest bimpy474

Hope Pieters tweets about the mackem match again, the mental b******.

What did he say?

Last time we played the Mackems at home he tweeted to Krully.

"Beat those people" :lol:

If Haidara and Debuchy are back soon, I honestly don't think it's the worst thing in the world. I think he's been average-to-poor for most of the season and could do with an extended break. He's got some fantastic ability and can be really exciting to watch when he glides past players, but even his attacking play has become fairly predictable recently and he has next to no end product. I think I would keep him at LB and desperately hope he's still at the club come September, as I still think he should be first choice, but he needs to work on his game big-time imo. Obviously, he's still very young so I've every optimism he will improve.

He should start on his left foot; although I don't think it's absolutely necessary for a full-back to be on his stronger side, he's a one-trick pony atm because he's got no faith in his left. If he can strengthen that, he can vary his game from an attacking perspective, which could turn out to be a huge asset to the team. Defensively, he should incrementally improve with age - he's not bad on the whole but prone to an occasional stinking performance.

If Haidara and Debuchy are back soon, I honestly don't think it's the worst thing in the world. I think he's been average-to-poor for most of the season and could do with an extended break.

Disappointing to lose him for the season but it's not a major problem as long as them two are back soon. He was arguably our best player during the September/October/November months though, it's just the past 3/4 months when he's been a bit average but it's been quite obvious he's been needing a rest. Looking forward to his return next season, just wish this season was over though  :lol:

Was one of our brighter sparks in the first half of the season, played every single game iirc due to no cover until Haidara came in, deserves and needs a rest, if Haidara is fit again it won't be such a bad thing. 

Im pretty sure I saw him injure his hamstring around 70 mins into the Benfica game, I would be stunned if this wasnt the same injury.

I was expecting him to go off on Thursday... Seemed to twinge it...

• 1 month later...

I know he can play because he was 21 when the qualifying campaign started, but would really much rather have him fresh and ready for pre-season training beginning, rather than competing in some meaningless tournament. If he stays next season, it's a big year for him so he needs to be ready.