Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

• 1 month later...

That'll be him out of the door asap when he's back.

Contract length will be getting towards the redzone, he's cost the club too much in wages relative to game time and he's young and would have suitors.

“The news on Davide’s not particularly great,” United manager Alan Pardew told the Gazette.

“He had an operation in the summer.

“When the surgeon looked at his knee, there was a little bit more damage there than he thought.

“It now looks like mid-November rather than October.

“He’s probably our (only) long-term injury.”

That makes it about 6 months he would have been injured for?

And only reported as a 'knee' injury. Something not right.

Had a lot of injury problems at Inter I recall.

yep big enough ones iirc. No doubt the main reason he hasn't lived up to his early promise as a player

Dummett's going to have to step up. He is capable of being a solid defender at least.

Not really seeing it tbh. Oh well at least with the team being ripped apart down that side every week, we might lose enough for Pardew's position to be brought into question before Santon is back.

The thing is with Dummett I wouldn't mind him being in the squad if he wasn't technically great but had good positional sense. Judging by his performances in the PL, he has neither. He's technically a few levels below what's needed in the PL, his touch is absolutely shocking. But his footballing brain is the nail in the coffin for me, he doesn't seem to be able to handle possession under pressure without playing a classic British floater up the line. I feel sorry for him 'cos it's clear he's worked hard on his game but he's just not cut out for this level and will continue to be a liability if we play him.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Dummett is nowhere near as bad as he's made out to be - likewise - Haidara isn't as good as he's made out to be.