Davide Santon (now retired)

Guest taps01

Guest neesy111

Anyone slating a young lad like Dummett after a season of performances (from players, manager and regime) like this needs their head checking. Some of the so called 'senior internationals' have been an absolute fucking disgrace this season.

Dummett hasn't exactly covered himself in glory every week, admittedly, but he shouldn't be the subject of too much abuse. I know Santon's the same age, but he's significantly more experienced and has arguably had just as shit, if not a worse season.

:thup:

Defensively I've got no time for Santon.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2639979/Davide-Santon-ready-commit-future-Newcastle-despite-AC-Milan.html

Davide Santon is ready to commit his future to Newcastle despite persistent advances from AC Milan.

Santon's manager Renzo Contratto says a new deal's been tabled for the 23-year-old Italian defender to stay on at St James's Park.

'Santon is happy at Newcastle and has just been offered a new contract,' Contratto told ASRadioRoma. 'Other teams want him? They’re just rumours.'

Still got two years left so I'm not sure why we'd do that when Pardew appears to favour Dummett.

Dude loves it here, fair play to him and I respect the hell out of him for sticking it out here; I hope he can regain that form b/c I'm still quite a big fan of his.

Dude loves it here, fair play to him and I respect the hell out of him for sticking it out here; I hope he can regain that form b/c I'm still quite a big fan of his.

Santon was Pardewed long ago sadly

Santon was Pardewed long ago sadly

Santon's been Santoned tbf

• 2 weeks later...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/9339722/davide-santon-expects-newcastle-stay-despite-interest-from-ac-milan-and-roma

Davide Santon expects Newcastle stay despite interest from AC Milan and Roma

Newcastle full-back Davide Santon expects to stay at St James' Park despite interest from AC Milan and Roma in his services.

The Italy international moved to St James’ Park from Inter Milan in 2011 and has two years left on his current contract with the Premier League club.

The 23-year-old defender insists he is happy at Newcastle and has no plans to return to his homeland.

Santon told Sky Sports Italy: "There has been interest from AC Milan and AS Roma for me, but I have two more years on my contract with Newcastle and I don't know if they want to sell me.

“I'm fine at Newcastle, I immediately felt at home there and I like the Premier League.

“I think I won't return to Italy this summer."

His lass is local, I wonder how he'd feel about uprooting his new family? If it wasn't for that, I could easily have seen him sold back to a club in Italy this summer.

Shame, as I do believe there's something there, it's just not going to be brought out in him with these jokers we call our manager and coaching staff.

He's simply not a left back. I don't care how often he plays there. he'll never be good at it and it's stifling the opportunity he has to become good at another position, ie right tback.

At left back he can't get forward with any 'fret'. All he can do is cut inside and have a shit shot or try a useless inswinging cross that 99/100 times is easy to clear or for the goalie to gather. I'm not suggesting that at DR he'd be an instant success, but at least with time and coaching (Haha, I know!) he'd have an infinitely better chance than at a position where he's fundamentally unsuited.

Why we persist with him there is utterly beyond me.

Kind of amusing that there are clubs who seem to want to sign him (whether they'd paying our asking price is another matter) but the lad just doesn't want to leave.

A pity Cabaye and Debuchy arrived already married - just needed them to find a local lass and put down some roots!!!!

I'd  honestly ease him into the Left wing next season, playing in front of Haidara. Think he is a similar mold to Bale and look how well pushing him further forward turned (I'm in no way saying he's anyway near Bales level just his situation is similar).

Since we have so few wide men I think it would be the best option, then if 12 months down the line there's no signs of improvement then maybe get rid if the price is right!

I like him as a full back. Bit of coaching and he's more than good enough for us. His problem has been, on many occasions, the sheer lack of options ahead of him and the fact he's very obviously been told to restrict his attacking tendencies.

I'd  honestly ease him into the Left wing next season, playing in front of Haidara. Think he is a similar mold to Bale and look how well pushing him further forward turned (I'm in no way saying he's anyway near Bales level just his situation is similar).

Since we have so few wide men I think it would be the best option, then if 12 months down the line there's no signs of improvement then maybe get rid if the price is right!

God Almighty.