What can this squad achieve?

The Prophet

Fuck all.

We've signed some promising players, but they all seem to have some kind of serious injury history and that mixed with our legendary ability to collect a physioroom of players mid-season I have no doubt that we'll be playing some desperate line-ups in the coming months.

We'll be desperate for a striker come Jan. Will be evident in our goals scored I reckon. The next 4 months it's all down to our defence and midfield.

Agreed - other than I think we'll be desperate for a striker by October.

It's weaker than it was at the start of the summer according to Pardew (can't be arsed to fish the quotes but you know the ones). Very, very disappointing.

Massive onus on Krul, Coloccini, Tiote, Jonas and the new guys.

Fuck all.

We've signed some promising players, but they all seem to have some kind of serious injury history and that mixed with our legendary ability to collect a physioroom of players mid-season I have no doubt that we'll be playing some desperate line-ups in the coming months.

This is my take on it as well. While I was happy enough to sign quality players with suspect injury histories that was based on the assumption we'd buy enough players to cover those positions. That hasn't happened and now we are looking short in both defence and attack. If Lovenkrands and Shola are starting games then that automatically reduces any chance of success. And they are.

Guest Rainforest

Pretty much the same as last year's squad achieved, if the new players hit the ground running.

Without the Nolan - Carroll - Barton synergy and arguably one of the best leftbacks in the league, we better hope so.

Failure to do so and I can easily see us in the thick of a relegation battle.

People talk about our "solid" start of the season, if it wasnt for Tim Krul I could see us down by several goals.. and our attackers have been shocking. Offsidemania.

Guest Rainforest

Basing your expectations of future injuries on past injuries to completely different players seems mental to me.

Of course we will have injuries, but no more than any team should expect in an average season.

When we sign a bunch of crocks who were free because they were a bunch of crocks, Im inclined to disagree.