Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Anyone who thinks Aiyegbeni is a good fit for this club, any other club, or a national team is clearly somewhat disturbed. He is fat, lazy, and a mercenary whose sole focus is money. He will bundle the ball in with his massive arse every few games, but provide absolutely nothing else to the side. There was a time during the middle part of last decade, when he was genuinely a good footballer, but then he became pregnant. Now he is only good for teams that think they might be relegated and need goals at any cost to the rest of the side.

He's just averaged over 1 in 2 games in one of the shittest teams I've seen in the Premier League for ages.

Football is not all about statistics, Nut. Jonas Gutierrez's record is poor by all traditional statistical analysis, but those with a good understanding of the game can watch him and see what he provides to the side. Similarly Craig Gardner (even Andy Johnson in the past) had a great record (for a midfielder) in a relegation side, but when you actually sit and watch him play, you realise that he is detrimental to the team in every other way. We are a good enough side not to accommodate players like this.

Anyone who thinks Aiyegbeni is a good fit for this club, any other club, or a national team is clearly somewhat disturbed. He is fat, lazy, and a mercenary whose sole focus is money. He will bundle the ball in with his massive arse every few games, but provide absolutely nothing else to the side. There was a time during the middle part of last decade, when he was genuinely a good footballer, but then he became pregnant. Now he is only good for teams that think they might be relegated and need goals at any cost to the rest of the side.

He's just averaged over 1 in 2 games in one of the shittest teams I've seen in the Premier League for ages.

Football is not all about statistics, Nut. Jonas Gutierrez's record is poor by all traditional statistical analysis, but those with a good understanding of the game can watch him and see what he provides to the side. Similarly Craig Gardner (even Andy Johnson in the past) had a great record (for a midfielder) in a relegation side, but when you actually sit and watch him play, you realise that he is detrimental to the team in every other way. We are a good enough side not to accommodate players like this.

For a squad member coming off the bench and starting a dozen games, I'd back him to score goals. As for your last sentence, I think we are good enough TO accommodate players like him in the squad. He'd bury chances put his way from the likes of Cabaye & HBA.

I could do with you in another thread, Baba.

I have several thousand posts and only 10-15 more minutes of time on this break. You'll want to be significantly more specific.

It is an interesting point, Optimistic, but I think that having a lazy/selfish non-athlete will hurt our fluency and brilliant work ethic more than anything, and he is generally a player I do not want in our colours. I understand where you are coming from, but I vehemently disagree with you conclusions. :lol:

For a squad member coming off the bench and starting a dozen games, I'd back him to score goals. As for your last sentence, I think we are good enough TO accommodate players like him in the squad. He'd bury chances put his way from the likes of Cabaye & HBA.

Much rather keep Best tbh

I love Baba. :lol:

There's a big black guy I spar with. He hits like a fucking mule but the second you get 'overly agressive' with him he goes beserk and has more than once complained to the trainer after the timer. I associate him 100% with Baba, and vice versa. I almost called him Baba last month.

Yakubu would contradict our current transfer policy that is doing so well. I'd take him if we lost Ba late on in August, and ran out of options. He's still a proven goalscorer in this division. Wouldn't be bad for a last resort at all, but i'd hope we're after a certain other striker from Blackburn, rather than him.

I love Baba. :lol:

There's a big black guy I spar with. He hits like a fucking mule but the second you get 'overly agressive' with him he goes beserk and has more than once complained to the trainer after the timer. I associate him 100% with Baba, and vice versa. I almost called him Baba last month.

:lol: I know what you mean. There's this big black guy that comes into the bar on a Friday and Saturday night. Does no harm, lovely bloke. But he fucking stinks. And he's always rummaging around for enough change to get a pint when he wanders in at about 1am. Can only ever afford the one drink. Stands in the corner by the DJ stage bobbing his head the rest of the time. Bald, fantastic beard on him though. I know his real name and everything, yet I still just want to call him Mike.

Guest palnese

Zymer Bytyqi.

Just made his debut in the Norwegian top division at the age of 15.

One for the future.

Get rid of:

Simpson (4 million)

Ranger (500 000)

Lovenkrands (Free)

Smith (Free)

Guthrie (Free)

Best (2.5 million)

Thats 7 million pounds in transfer fees aquired + around 5.5 million pounds saved in wages. Thats 12.5 million left to spend on the squad in wages and transfers. However I can see a further 7.5 million being invested into the squad, due to last seasons success. So that 20 million pounds on wages and fees to strengthen the squad.

How would you spend that money?

Douglas (4 million pounds) and 35 000 a week wages ... thats 5 820 000 spent on strengthening centre half.

Clyne ( 3 million pounds) and 20 000 a week wages .. thats 4 000 000 spent on right back being strengthened

Barnetta (Free) and 35 000 a week wages ... thats 1 820 000 spent on strengthening our wing attack

Diame (Free) and 25 000 a week wages ... thats 1 300 000 spent on some midfield depth

i fink we shud sine messy

:lol:

The board is pretty much all agreed on who we want to sign now. Just a matter of waiting, really.

As has been said, would like Diame but pretty sure other teams will be prepared to pay him more.

Barnetta (Free) and 35 000 a week wages ... thats 1 820 000 spent on strengthening our wing attack

Diame (Free) and 25 000 a week wages ... thats 1 300 000 spent on some midfield depth

You have to include sign on fees. Probably £2 mill for each and maybe even more for Barnetta .. Geremi got £1 mill when he signed 5 years ago