Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

He's too small.

Same height as Given.

Football has changed.

Most of the very best now are much taller. 6ft 4 plus.

what does 2 inches matter like? (Don't ask your lass)

You could be smaller but have longer arms, quicker reactions, more aggressive in a challenge or better judgement of the flight of a ball.

Looks like it will be 3 of Hull, Swansea, Sunderland and Boro going down. Players I can see us being linked with this summer should their team get relegated :

Gibson, Robertson, Maguire, Mawson and Clucas.

Obviously Gylfi would be great but I think he'd go to a better club than us. The Mail keeps saying we're seriously interested in Scott Arfield too

Looks decent but his distribution is shite according the MLFs fans I know not to mention the £75m fee.

:lol:

Sometimes your relentlessness tickles

Genuine bar the fee. They're among the most pessimistic bunch of knackers I know mind.

He's very much a bitter cunt regarding us too iirc. 

Looks decent but his distribution is shite according the MLFs fans I know not to mention the £75m fee.

:lol:

Sometimes your relentlessness tickles

Genuine bar the fee. They're among the most pessimistic bunch of knackers I know mind.

He's very much a bitter cunt regarding us too iirc.

So was ginger jack, shit happens ;)

He was their best passer of the ball a couple of games ago, 40 odd passes with a 90% completion. something like 10 more passes than anyone else.  :lol:

Love the fact they think he's going to beak records for the most expensive GK in the world.

Buffon.jpg

Guest firetotheworks

I wonder if Carrick fancies finally playing for us, about 10 years later than he should have.

Just looking at transfermarkt's list of out of contract players this summer, there are a few that would definitely improve us (realistic could be debatable though)

Zabaleta

Jesus Navas

Lucas

Clichy

Ledley

Kirchhoff

Balotelli

Thiago motta

Miguel veloso

Honda

Ivan Ramis

Was thinking about Balotelli the other night when people were talking about mobile strikers to lead the line. Probably not consistent enough in terms of overall play as well as goals, but if he did ever settle down he's be a handful.

Just looking at transfermarkt's list of out of contract players this summer, there are a few that would definitely improve us (realistic could be debatable though)

Zabaleta

Jesus Navas

Lucas

Clichy

Ledley

Kirchhoff

Balotelli

Thiago motta

Miguel veloso

Honda

Ivan Ramis

A Carr recommendation

Zabaleta

Jesus Navas

Lucas

Clichy

Ledley

Kirchhoff

Balotelli

Thiago motta

Miguel veloso

Honda

Ivan Ramis

A Carr recommendation

:megusta:

I'd take Clichy. He's had a strange career. When he was at Arsenal, I thought he was one of the best left backs in the world. Then he went to City and his career just dipped.

But I think he could do well for us.

But he was a good player at Arsenal. He just looks ordinary at City. Career/money wise - Yes. But as a footballer, his levels dropped quite drastically. He also has averages like 20 PL games a season at City and shares the LB position with Kolarov. While at Arsenal, he was starting whenever he was fit.

• 4 weeks later...