Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Whenever I see Son he doesn't seem to get the plaudits that you'd expect. Really good player.

He did cost around 30 million euros tbf. Might not seem a lot in modern football but it is when buying from the Bundesliga.

He's absolutely shite for the national team considering how well he plays for Spurs. My Korean friends hate him :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

He's never really singled out for it in analysis. Maybe I've just missed it, but it's usually Kane or Alli when I watch them.

Well Kane and Alli (and Eriksen) have been more major players tbf. Son is more of a supporting role, with his buzzing around, good running and chipping in with goals. He's not quite as good if he's the player required to be running a game, hence why he's always pants for Korea.

Guest firetotheworks

Hmm, I disagree like, he's too regular a goal scorer to have not been singled out at least once, but as I say, maybe I've just missed it.

He generally gets praised by commentators.

You think he's been as important to Tottenham's season as Kane, Eriksen or Alli? That's certainly not true. He's not as important as Alderweireld or Dembele either. And I'm a fan of him.

Anyone actually following the PL this year? I could barely name realistic transfer targets as my entire footballing universe this season has been the Championship. I look to the more educated ones than I to suggest plausible names we can or should go after. I surely hope Carr's been watching the PL at least.

Guest firetotheworks

He generally gets praised by commentators.

You think he's been as important to Tottenham's season as Kane, Eriksen or Alli? That's certainly not true. He's not as important as Alderweireld or Dembele either. And I'm a fan of him.

I don't think any of those things, no, I'm just surprised that I haven't seen any analysis of him all season despite him contributing a lot, particularly with goals.

Too many people are well off the mark for me and the papers are the worst culprits.

It's well documented that Rafa wanted a project and it's well documented that Ashley used to like his 5 year plans.  Im guessing that if any Ashley/Rafa meeting does actually go ahead that the kitty for Summer 2017 is way down the pecking order and whether Ashley meets Rafa's vision at certain points of his yearly plan is at the top.

I'll also be surprised if the net spend is above £40m.

Watched Ajax last night and i'd take half of their team. Their little playmaker, Younes, was absolutely class. He's listed as a left winger/striker

How did Davinson Sanchez and Riedewald play?  Always read quite good things about them, but never really seen them play.

Watched Ajax last night and i'd take half of their team. Their little playmaker, Younes, was absolutely class. He's listed as a left winger/striker

How did Davinson Sanchez and Riedewald play?  Always read quite good things about them, but never really seen them play.

They the two centre backs? I thought they looked pretty raw still. Both were OK but their positioning left a long to be desired at times. The two full back were both superb though although predominately from an attacking POV.

Sanchez made a couple of fantastic tackles to win the ball, hard but totally clean. He looks a really good prospect but it wasn't the game for him to shine as both teams basically threw defence out of the window. 

Sanchez made a couple of fantastic tackles to win the ball, hard but totally clean. He looks a really good prospect but it wasn't the game for him to shine as both teams basically threw defence out of the window. 

The Colombian beauty has been linked with Barcelona lately if I recall correctly.

They the two centre backs? I thought they looked pretty raw still. Both were OK but their positioning left a long to be desired at times. The two full back were both superb though although predominately from an attacking POV.

I think Riedewald can play centre half but was playing left back?  I think it's the 17 year old kid at centre half with Sanchez - de Ligt?

Really hope we can get 2 playmakers (CM and a 10) and a winger

If Rafa gets his way i can't see that not being the case tbh. The mere fact he wanted a CM and winger in January means he knows we need both, plus it's obvious to pretty much everyone we don't have a 10 fit for purpose.

Andrea Ranocchia available for under £10m apparently. Could probably get him and Maguire for around £25m combined.

Ranocchia is hopeless. He may have played well for Hull but i wouldn't touch the soft cunt with a bargepole. In Italy he always had spells of looking ok before having massive disasterous drops in form.

If Rafa gets his way i can't see that not being the case tbh. The mere fact he wanted a CM and winger in January means he knows we need both, plus it's obvious to pretty much everyone we don't have a 10 fit for purpose.

Probably worth giving One Lung another punt tbh.

Totally agree. I did exactly the same. Traore of Chelsea looked good and obviously Dolberg.

Aye, into the Tyne.

Aye, into the Tyne.

Why has he only played half of PSV's games? Injured?