Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Probably irrelevant, but for no good reason I've had an inkling about Sturridge for a while. Just seems the conditions would be in place for such a move. He's seems an odd bugger mind.

he'd be one of my first picks on ability and quality alone, i think he's fucking class

Would have been over the moon with him when he was at Chelsea, but his injuries and just the general vibe he gives off makes me think he wouldn't be a good fit here. I think he needs to come down a peg or two before landing at a club like Newcastle. I'd be interested to hear the Liverpool fans views on him.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'm not exactly happy with our transfer dealings thus far, but we don't need to smash our transfer record on a player or spend stupid money in order to improve (I'd love us to obviously). I'd be happy with a similar summer to the one where we signed Bellamy and Robert for example. 2 players who although very good for us, were not exactly stars when we signed them. That said, we had a pretty strong spine which we currently lack.

Just been having a quick gander at those players with contracts ending in 2018 that may be worth a bid and it's safe to say there's not much on the market we haven't already been linked with. I can see why rumours are slow in forthcoming.

Marcos Llorente - Real Madrid, played at Alaves last season.

Oguzhan Özyakup - Former Arsenal trainee, now captain at Besiktas, rumoured €20m pricetag.

Jonathan Cafu - Brazilian at Ludogorets, starred in the CL campaign a while back.

We've been linked with that Cafu geezer a few times this window haven't we?

To get players of Bellamy or Robert's class now we'd absolutely have to smash our transfer record, and you know it.

Not necessarily with Bellamy he was bought after a not exactly outstanding season with Coventry when they were relegated iirc. Probably only cost about £20 million in todays market :laugh:

Just been having a quick gander at those players with contracts ending in 2018 that may be worth a bid and it's safe to say there's not much on the market we haven't already been linked with. I can see why rumours are slow in forthcoming.

Marcos Llorente - Real Madrid, played at Alaves last season.

Oguzhan Özyakup - Former Arsenal trainee, now captain at Besiktas, rumoured €20m pricetag.

Jonathan Cafu - Brazilian at Ludogorets, starred in the CL campaign a while back.

We've been linked with that Cafu geezer a few times this window haven't we?

Yep but I think he's already signed for West Ham about 5 times

To get players of Bellamy or Robert's class now we'd absolutely have to smash our transfer record, and you know it.

I think Bellamy was more of a good spot by SBR than us buying a widely regarded talent, so perhaps the fee wouldn't be that crazy. Bellamy had lost a full season to injury at Norwich and then struggled in his first season in the PL at relegated Coventry. His earlier success at Norwich had been in the second tier, so again, credit to SBR for knowing what he could do.

Robert would be frighteningly expensive.

Would Daniel Sturridge now fall into the realistic category.

Dont see why not as i was going to mention Vardy as i guess his wages wont be that stupid and leicester now a decaying corpse

I've banged on about Sturridge for months - it's World Cup year and I don't see him getting a great deal of minutes at Liverpool and who out of the big boys would take him on? West Ham wouldn't now either after signing Hernandez!

I think Bellamy was more of a good spot by SBR than us buying a widely regarded talent, so perhaps the fee wouldn't be that crazy. Bellamy had lost a full season to injury at Norwich and then struggled in his first season in the PL at relegated Coventry. His earlier success at Norwich had been in the second tier, so again, credit to SBR for knowing what he could do.

SBR got slightly lucky with both mind as Jeffers and Zenden were his main targets!

Those two were absolutely magnificent for us! Cheers Souness, you shit wanker!

Guest Howaythetoon

Bellamy not so, Robert maybe. Bellamy was a nothing player at Coventry who were relegated. Robert had talent and was a French international at PSG, but I'm sure for 10.5m we could go and buy a French international tomorrow. Anyway my point was that we don't have to go and spunk 20m plus on every player to bring in a good player. We do need to go out and smash our record though. I mean if we offered say Man Utd 40m for Martial, I'm sure they would seriously consider it. Its daft money, but he's 21 or something and capable of 15 + goals a season. That type of signing alone could transform us on the pitch and off it give us a huge lift in terms of ambition.

KK said when Shearer signed all the players were like wow and soon got over the disappointment of not winning the league. KK's first training session when Shearer joined was like Xmas morning for some players, his own words btw.

That's what we need to do, for the players, the manager and the fans.

Guest Howaythetoon

SBR got slightly lucky with both mind as Jeffers and Zenden were his main targets!

Those two were absolutely magnificent for us! Cheers Souness, you s*** w*****!

You could see what he wanted though and that was width and pace and if I remember right we were linked with Robert before Zenden who was pretty decent if not spectacular. Robert was spectacular of course and Bellamy was dynamic. Those two players transformed a bang average side into a very good one and helped us to get the very best out of shearer who guaranteed 20 + goals.

Robert had talent and was a French international at PSG, but I'm sure for 10.5m we could go and buy a French international tomorrow.

I doubt that very much. Even if we wanted Sissoko back, for whatever reason, he'd command a fee higher than that

Would Daniel Sturridge now fall into the realistic category.

Dont see why not as i was going to mention Vardy as i guess his wages wont be that stupid and leicester now a decaying corpse

Huh?

Perez from Arsenal, Illarramendi from Sociedad and Reina would add dramatically to our spine. Quality throughout as well as loads of experience.

I'd break the bank for Illarramendi if he would come but appreciate it's massively unlikely. Maybe the Spanish connection may give us a tiny chance though.

Would also allow us to ship out about five lots of deadwood to fund a bit of it. Mitro, Colback, Diame, Darlow and Krul.

Really skeptical of perez he's 27 and only had one good season in his career,

What about Heaton from Burnley in goal? had a great season last season and is the right age. Although you could make exactly the same arguments as above about him, would weaken a rival team.

Order of priority

LB, ST, RW, CB,

LB= 1.Cissokho  2.Pieters 3. Patrick Van Aanholt 4. Joe Bennett

ST= 1. Papiss Cisse 2. Nolan Roux 3. Daniel Sturridge

RW= 1. Adam Johnson 2. Xherdan Shaqiri 3. Romain Hamouma

CB= 1. Bassong 2. Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa 3. Nedum Onouha

lol

Nice.

Order of priority

LB, ST, RW, CB,

LB= 1.Cissokho  2.Pieters 3. Patrick Van Aanholt 4. Joe Bennett

ST= 1. Papiss Cisse 2. Nolan Roux 3. Daniel Sturridge

RW= 1. Adam Johnson 2. Xherdan Shaqiri 3. Romain Hamouma

CB= 1. Bassong 2. Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa 3. Nedum Onouha

lol

Nice.

One of my better contributions to this forum. From a very low base i should add... ;)