Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Guest chopey

Should probably just park a van outside Stamford Bridge on the 14th of May and scoop up a few of their cast offs.

;D ;D ;D to old, van genkel is leaving chelsea for 10mil apparently

I'd be surprised at that. He captained PSV to the title this season (replacing the great Luuk De Jong) scoring 16 goals on the way and is still only 25. Wouldn't be surprised to see Chelsea give him a shot next to Kante as their centre midfield options have been way below standard this season (Bakayoko, Drinkwater).

Ross Barkley doesn't seem to be getting anywhere at Chelsea. It felt like the wrong move for him at the time.

A season-long loan move might be possible. He's a talent that's surely going to come good at some stage.

My goodness!

Forgot this guy even existed, never mind that he is even at Chelsea. Wow!

Guys career could be done in about three years at this rate.

Will be turnng out for Wigan or someone in the championship. Damn.

Ross Barkley doesn't seem to be getting anywhere at Chelsea. It felt like the wrong move for him at the time.

A season-long loan move might be possible. He's a talent that's surely going to come good at some stage.

I'm personally not interested in loans next season (unless there is deal in place to buy them, already agreed), this season it was necessary because we clearly didn't have the finances.  There is literally no excuse, even though it looks practically certain that Ashley will still be in charge for next season. They've gotten through a PL season, without spending anywhere near the amount they should have, coupled with a low wage bill by PL standards and off a huge profit on transfer dealings the previous year. I don't buy any stories of poverty because we spent one year out of the top flight.

We can't get sucked into the loan game like the Mackems did, it will kill your club in the end, while just aiding the development assets of teams you compete against. No problem with the Merino, Dubravka and Atsu type deals, but don't want another Kenedy one for next year. If we did a loan for Barkley would need that buy option inserted.

My goodness!

Yet another stupid fucking decision made by a player to go to a 'big club' rather than somewhere he'd be playing every week, the type people were telling me definitely won't happen with Kenedy.

My goodness!

Yet another stupid fucking decision made by a player to go to a 'big club' rather than somewhere he'd be playing every week, the type people were telling me definitely won't happen with Kenedy.

He’s been injured for the most part tbf to him.

Won’t be long until we’re into June, wonder whether it will be as angst ridden in here this year? Don’t even know whether to bother hoping for more early activity this time around or to just accept we’ll do nothing transfer wise.

Won’t be long until we’re into June, wonder whether it will be as angst ridden in here this year? Don’t even know whether to bother hoping for more early activity this time around or to just accept we’ll do nothing transfer wise.

With the world cup being on this summer and the transfer window closing before the start of the season it's going to be a very small amount of time that we'll be active in the window so I haven't got my hopes up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

Transfer Window 17 May – 9 August

Premier League clubs in England voted to end the summer window on the Thursday before the start of the season - on August 9 in 2018, instead of August 31. Because FIFA demands the window must be open for 12 weeks, the window will open around May 17, shortly after the final games of the season on May 13. Clubs will be able to sell players until August 31 but not buy replacements after the deadline of August 9.

Although, in England, transfers between clubs in the same league can take place as soon as the last competitive fixtures for the season have been played, many transfers will not be completed until 1 July because many players' contracts expire on 30 June. International transfers into the English leagues (including the Premier League) cannot be made until the window has opened on 17 May.

Less than 2 weeks until the transfer window opens.

I'm personally not interested in loans next season (unless there is deal in place to buy them, already agreed), this season it was necessary because we clearly didn't have the finances.  There is literally no excuse, even though it looks practically certain that Ashley will still be in charge for next season. They've gotten through a PL season, without spending anywhere near the amount they should have, coupled with a low wage bill by PL standards and off a huge profit on transfer dealings the previous year. I don't buy any stories of poverty because we spent one year out of the top flight.

We can't get sucked into the loan game like the Mackems did, it will kill your club in the end, while just aiding the development assets of teams you compete against. No problem with the Merino, Dubravka and Atsu type deals, but don't want another Kenedy one for next year. If we did a loan for Barkley would need that buy option inserted.

Depends on who is available. Discounting Dubravka and Merino who both had options to buy, we've only had one loan all season. I'd take on more in a similar deal with Kennedy if it would enable us to fill two positions instead of one.