Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Always been quite impressed with Billing from Huddersfield whenever I've seen him play.  Wouldn't mind seeing him come, given we probably need to replace Shelvey, Hayden and Diame.

Kongolo's name got mentioned a lot when Huddersfield played in the same way Roberton got mentioned a lot when Hull played. He any good. Do need a left back. Just checked Transfermarktt. They payed 9 mil. Worth 13 mil. Probably too steep.

If we waste time chasing a center back we're stupid. So I expect we will.

Going to be an interesting summer. The biggest priorities are center midfield to replace Diame and Hayden. Always nice getting new midfielders. Hoping for something exotic like Cabaye was.

If we waste time chasing a center back we're stupid. So I expect we will.

Going to be an interesting summer. The biggest priorities are center midfield to replace Diame and Hayden. Always nice getting new midfielders. Hoping for something exotic like Cabaye was.

I'm being an arse really but securing Rondon is the biggest priority. Should be extremely straight-forward.

But centre-mid recruitment represents the greatest opportunity for progressing the general quality of the side. We can either replace Hayden and Diame with more like Ki, or we can really invest in the position and sign someone who'll make a significant impact on the rest of the team. (I doubt we'll let Shelvey leave)

After that it's obviously LWB and RWB.

Shouldn’t make a blind bit of difference whether they come up or not. A proper club would have the deal sorted already.

It should have been sorted in the January transfer window. Any other club would have signed him after the season he has had regardless of how old he is.

Guest chopey

I wonder if Ryan Kent who is on loan from Liverpool at Rangers would be a transfer target for us he looks quality.

Such an overhaul coming whether Rafa stays or not.

Stays: at least Hayden, diame, shelvey, kennedy, Joselu, ritchie all out possibly Gayle.

Goes: at least rondon, Hayden, ba bareccas, Perez, Kennedy, diame maybe schar

Heck of a turn over with likely others to that list.

We pretty much need a full new midfield and set of wing-backs. Goalkeeper, back three and front three I’d be happy enough for a top 8 challenge with next season. Probably going to need another backup CB if Clark leaves, and a bit more quality behind Perez, Almiron & Rondon (or two centre forwards if he’s not one of them).

We'd be lightyears better with two good fullbacks who can provide us with proper width if we're sticking with 3 at the back. After that, replace whoever leaves and maybe one other attacking player as we don't have any other options but Rondon, Almiron and Perez.

Ship five, buy five.

Rules are (you have to include Hayden as he looks a certainty to be off), the five you bring in have to be realistic given the constraints of being owned by a twat and you are to assume Rafa is still the gaffer when it comes to formations/style of play etc.

You can assume what you like in relation to borderline leavers such as Diame, Shelvey, Perez etc so either include them in your proposals or otherwise.

You have to say what you're doing with Rondon and Gayle too.

Please indicate likely fee's and what your nett spend would be. The nett spend shouldn't exceed £35m-£40m.

After you've made the changes, propose the starting 11 on day one of the new season.

Go

Out:

1) Hayden (£15m)

2)

3)

4)

5)

In

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Out:

1) Isaac Hayden (20 mil)

2) Dwight Gayle (10 mil)

3) Joselu (2 mil)

4) Ciaran Clark (2 mil)

5) Mohamed Diamé (5 mil)

+39 mil

I actually have no idea with the contract situations with this lot which of course factors massively into their selling price. I'll obviously be gutted to see Hayden leave but I'm pretty confident we can get up to 20 mil for him. Gayle, Diamé and Clark can leave. All good servants to the club. It's obviously blinding optimism wanting a couple packets of crips for Joselu let alone 2 million but here's to hoping.

In:

1) Salomon Rondón

2) Right back - Clyne?

3) Centre midfielder - Philip Billing?

4) Left back - Barbet?

5) Back up striker - Che Adams?

Have no idea whether these are within budget and/or good enough :lol:

Starting XI next season could look something like this.

Dubravka

Schar        Lascelles      Lejeune       

Clyne?                                                      Ritchie

Longstaff                Billing?

Perez                                              Almiron

Rondon?

Bench:

Darlow

Barbet?

Fernandez

Shelvey

Ki

Atsu

Adams?

Back up players:

Elliot

Muto

Yedlin

Manquillo

Very reasonable to assume only two starting XI players will be replaced even though five would be brought in.

We don't need goalkeepers nor centre backs (what even is life).

Yedlin is not good enough for the PL and we desperately need an upgrade. Haven't seen Clyne for Bournemouth, is he still any good? Looked great at times for Southampton and Liverpool and still only 28. Yedlin can stay on as a back up option along with Manquillo.

We very much need someone to provide competion for Ritchie at left back, have heard the lad at Brentford is good and apparently out of contract. Wouldn't mind if Ritchie started next season as first choice but someone should be providing him with competition. Even if he's reduced to being a back up player we need his kind around the team and in the dressing room.

Really excited to see Longstaff come back from injury. Diame and Hayden leaving leaves us with at least one new centre midfielder to bring in. Billing from Huddersfield has looked great, only 22 years old as well, we really should be looking into that. Should hang on to Shelvey as an option, we're never going to get good money for him but he's a good option to have if we're lacking creativity in midfield. Ki is a very dependable back up player, bags of experience.

Most important thing is getting Rondon. Speaks for itself. Next most important thing is retaining Perez. Along with Almiron we have quite an exciting front three. Muto has not looked very convincing so we need someone who can play across the front three and provide some back up firing power. Have no idea what Che Adams would cost or frankly whether he would be into coming here without having a guaranteed spot in the first team. Maybe he's an option. Muto can stay on but I'm not very optimistic.

Expecting something in this vein to happen during the summer is in my opinion very modest, to say the least. But it just goes to show how little we need to push on and challenge the top 8.