Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

Seems like Douglas has been class for Twente this season. Wonder if we're still seriously interested in him.

I can't imagine why not. His price tag has surely gone up since summer unfortunately.

Only six months left on his contract though right?  Can't be costing too much surely.

Probably has another extension clause in there.

'Principles' > players.

Thanks for popping up just to have a dig. That wasn't petty at all.

:lol: You a mate of Ashley's like? I'd say that was an incredibly mild dig compared to what is deserved. Jesus fucking Christ man, this forum.

I (grudgingly) agreed with our transfer policy on principle several months ago based on the information that was available at the time. Turns out things didn't work out.

That doesn't make me "deserving" of petty insults, nor does it make me an Ashley supporter.

At least we agree on the fact that this part of the forum is a fucking piece of shit when the team isn't playing well.

In the summer I was fairly supportive of what was going on, we'd just had an excellent season and I pretty much accepted that we weren't getting anyone in despite our obvious flaws. It's got to a point now though where our deficiencies are so glaringly obvious (not that they weren't in the summer but our performances were masking them) that i'll be seriously fucked off if we don't at least get a new CB in. There is money coming in from the new TV deal and if I hear that we haven't got one over the line or we should be thankful for the owner we have i'll be seriously disenchanted for the first time in a long time.

:yao:

On a separate note, you know you've conditioned yourself properly as a football supporter when you've killed your expectations for January transfer windows to the point where you don't even realize they're coming.

I was just looking at my calendar when I realized "huh, we can buy players in five days?" :lol:

In centre midfield we have Tiote, Cabaye, Anita, Perch, Bigi, Marveaux even Jonas and Abeid.

Last place we need to buy for at the moment.

Centre back, right back then a forward/wide midfielder in that order.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I hope the players are piling the pressure on AP and from the snippets we're getting, Colo and particularly Cabaye are, we should see a revolt if money isn't spent in January

AP/DL/MA are under huge pressure to deliver. If they do and we finish midtable, I think next season could be a really good year again

Remy

Douglas

Debuchy

It's that simple ;)

We spent the entirety of the summer thinking 'at least we're replacing Simpson at last'. Yet he's still there. Even with our track record I would have staked a fair wager on us bringing in two defenders in the summer. Who knows what we'll come up with in January, you can't use logic or common sense to predict what we'll do.

'Principles' > players.

Thanks for popping up just to have a dig. That wasn't petty at all.

:lol: You a mate of Ashley's like? I'd say that was an incredibly mild dig compared to what is deserved. Jesus fucking Christ man, this forum.

I (grudgingly) agreed with our transfer policy on principle several months ago based on the information that was available at the time. Turns out things didn't work out.

That doesn't make me "deserving" of petty insults, nor does it make me an Ashley supporter.

At least we agree on the fact that this part of the forum is a fucking piece of shit when the team isn't playing well.

Apologies, I misunderstood and thought you were taking offence at someone having a dig at Ashley, forget it. :thup:

The weaknesses at the back with Simpson and Williamson are so glaringly obvious now it's embarrassing ffs.

So much so that if we lost Ba and brought in Douglas and Debuchy I'd consider it an excellent window.

Nah.

If we lost Ba and didn't replace him, there's a good chance Shola would be in the side every week. Having much worse attacking options would put more pressure on the defense and possibly negate the signing of any defenders anyway.

Personally can't understand how some are so passive about the prospect of our top goalscorer leaving. Especially now that the 4-3-3 is actually starting to tick.

The weaknesses at the back with Simpson and Williamson are so glaringly obvious now it's embarrassing ffs.

So much so that if we lost Ba and brought in Douglas and Debuchy I'd consider it an excellent window.

I wouldn't like, we'd be woefully short of options going forward.

I hope the players are piling the pressure on AP and from the snippets we're getting, Colo and particularly Cabaye are, we should see a revolt if money isn't spent in January

AP/DL/MA are under huge pressure to deliver. If they do and we finish midtable, I think next season could be a really good year again

Remy

Douglas

Debuchy

It's that simple ;)

Those three would make this window the best ever. Not only would they give us some great quality but it would raise the spirits and belief among our current players, massively.

If we replaced Ba with Remy in addition to those defenders then yeah....

Nah.

If we lost Ba and didn't replace him, there's a good chance Shola would be in the side every week. Having much worse attacking options would put more pressure on the defense and possibly negate the signing of any defenders anyway.

Personally can't understand how some are so passive about the prospect of our top goalscorer leaving. Especially now that the 4-3-3 is actually starting to tick.

It's not an insurmountable barrier imo. If Ba leaves, that's a front 3 of HBA - Cisse - Marv. Which still leaves us with only Cisse as a regular goal-scoring center forward, but there's really no hole in that starting 3.

Krul                         

Douglas      Coloccini

Debuchy                  Santon

Tiote    Anita

Cabaye

Ben Arfa                Marveaux

Cisse

:sweetjesus: Stop it Deuce, stop dreaming.