Realistic Transfer Targets

MyPalAl

I'd like some players here who treat playing for us as not just a job, and something they can leave behind if it goes wrong.

I think we're looking into players' characters a lot more these days. At least we say we are.

I'd say that's one thing that has improved under Mike Ashley.

On the surface the characters we've brought in are pretty decent, however you can only really judge someone in action and in action this season a lot of our players let us down, their character is in massive question for me after that relegation battle. They coasted towards it and got lucky IMO, with qpr not giving a shit and Wigan leaving too much to do. The glory of the Europa seemed more important than the league, and when that was cut nothing seemed to matter, ie the shit performances following.

I say one or two are pretty disappointed we stayed up, it would have put them in a better position to leave had we gone down, that along with heads turned still from last summer. We've got some good players and when times are good they love it and play great, when the shit hits the fan they are nowhere to be seen and their stepping stone attitude kicks in.

Who do you think are disappointed we stayed up out of interest?

Colo - so he's in a better position to be released to go back home. £60kpw in the championship is mental amounts.

Cabaye - has bigger ambitions than what we are offering him, and for most of the season just went through the motions.

Hba - seeks every opportunity to be back in France. Lax attitude, unfit and careless showing after agonising defeats.

There probably more that hide it better as well.

Don't think we'll be willing to pay Sinclair's wages.

Will his injury be an issue in signing him too? Think they are only looking to loan him out this year anyway to cope with the wages issue. That in itself rules us out we don't like loans.

Belhanda, Ince, Sinclair, Wijnaldum all seem like perfect solutions. Sinclair has the premiership experience we apparently want.

Would usually veer away from 'top 4' cast-offs, but Sinclair hasn't been exposed to that shit for long so hopefully he's recoverable at this point. I really rate him - would definitely have him at Newcastle, I wanted him 12 months ago.

3 starts for that lad this season. Fuck off City.

Would usually veer away from 'top 4' cast-offs, but Sinclair hasn't been exposed to that s*** for long so hopefully he's recoverable at this point. I really rate him - would definitely have him at Newcastle, I wanted him 12 months ago.

3 starts for that lad this season. f*** off City.

I really hope that Douglas article is BS because we desperately need a winger who isn't Jonas and Obertan :lol:

I'd like some players here who treat playing for us as not just a job, and something they can leave behind if it goes wrong.

I think we're looking into players' characters a lot more these days. At least we say we are.

On the surface the characters we've brought in are pretty decent, however you can only really judge someone in action and in action this season a lot of our players let us down, their character is in massive question for me after that relegation battle. They coasted towards it and got lucky IMO, with qpr not giving a shit and Wigan leaving too much to do. The glory of the Europa seemed more important than the league, and when that was cut nothing seemed to matter, ie the shit performances following.

I say one or two are pretty disappointed we stayed up, it would have put them in a better position to leave had we gone down, that along with heads turned still from last summer. We've got some good players and when times are good they love it and play great, when the shit hits the fan they are nowhere to be seen and their stepping stone attitude kicks in.

Agree they let us down, can't agree with the second paragraph at all.

Agree they let us down, can't agree with the second paragraph at all.

Pardew said heads were turned last summer. I think he was hinting at Cabaye & Tiote.

There is no arguement to be had that when things went wrong certain players went in to hiding. Colo's situation is different of course but can't be hid away from that he wants to leave.

Who? People say these sorts of things, but I'd really like to know who they are referencing when they make these statements. Englishmen? The truth of the matter is that the club is a job for all its employees (more enjoyable for some than others of course)and that most players above a certain age will leave for a team in a higher division. I'd agree we lacked leadership, especially as our manager lost confidence and went into a strange self-preservation mode as soon as things got difficult.

Also, as much as I think it's a bullshit argument, a couple decent English players wouldn't go amiss.

one thing i think we missed badly was the old tiote, the one who could turn an opposition attack or a period of opposition pressure into our attack by winning a tackle he had no right to win and turning the tables

it was something that lead the rest of the team by example at times, they dragged themselves into games that this season we didn't...cabaye does it from time to time but it's not his game

if we could find an effective, less-cuntish version of cattermole i think it'd do wonders for the team personally...bit of blood and thunder to mix in with the artists

so in summary we need a new version of the good tiote

Ola Toivonen has only one year left on his contract at PSV. They have a new policy under new coach Cocu and will put all players with only one year left in the B-team unless the sign a new contract. Seems a bit infected there at the moment. I think Toivonen is a player Pardew would like and his playing style and physical abilities would suit the PL. When in form and injury free I think he could be good for us. Im just not too sure after an injury prone season and a bad run of form..  Erik Pieters is in the same situation.

Would usually veer away from 'top 4' cast-offs, but Sinclair hasn't been exposed to that shit for long so hopefully he's recoverable at this point. I really rate him - would definitely have him at Newcastle, I wanted him 12 months ago.

3 starts for that lad this season. Fuck off City.

Thing is, though, what did Sinclair expect?

They might be confident of their own abilities, but the majority of these players of his level - as opposed to most of the players they sign - who go to Man City do so knowing they're not going to get anywhere near the pitch for any amount of time, it is almost entirely about the $$$.

I think that says a lot about a player, and to me it sets off a great big warning alarm.

Ola Toivonen has only one year left on his contract at PSV. They have a new policy under new coach Cocu and will put all players with only one year left in the B-team unless the sign a new contract. Seems a bit infected there at the moment. I think Toivonen is a player Pardew would like and his playing style and physical abilities would suit the PL. When in form and injury free I think he could be good for us. Im just not too sure after an injury prone season and a bad run of form..  Erik Pieters is in the same situation.

That looks like an awful policy, if you ask me.

Obviously, apart from James Milner.

I would walk up to Manchester, throw him across my shoulders, and carry him all the way back to Villa Park if at all possible.

:neutral:

Obviously, apart from James Milner.

I would walk up to Manchester, throw him across my shoulders, and carry him all the way back to Villa Park if at all possible.

:neutral:

:lol:

If I was trekking to Manchester I would bring back someone a lot better personally.

Ajax do the same.

Ajax do the same.

Pretty damn sure that would be grounds for a workplace mobbing suit here in Spain. Demoting a worker to pressure him to sign a new contract with you? No way that can be legal.

Ajax do the same.

Pretty damn sure that would be grounds for a workplace mobbing suit here in Spain. Demoting a worker to pressure him to sign a new contract with you? No way that can be legal.

Feyenoord does the same.

Horrible policy..

Ajax do the same.

Feyenoord does the same.

Horrible policy..

Seems like PSV now are ready to part with Toivonen for about 4 mil €.