Aston Villa v NUFC - Sat 17th September 3PM

wormy

Here is the squad for tomorrow:

Newcastle United: Krul, Harper, Simpson, R. Taylor, Ferguson, Coloccini, S. Taylor, Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Marveaux, Obertan, Gosling, Guthrie, Smith, Ba, Shola Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Best, Sammy Ameobi.

No Elliot.

Everyones first two scratched surely?  Not sure who else should be taken out though.

So if Saylor or Colo get injured, we have Danny Simpson to cover and that is it  :embarassed:

God forbid.....

Newcastle United: Krul, Harper, Simpson, R. Taylor, Ferguson, Coloccini, S. Taylor, Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Marveaux, Obertan, Gosling, Guthrie, Smith, Ba, Shola Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Best, Sammy Ameobi.

No Elliot.

They can change that I assume. I can't imagine why you would have Guthrie, Gosling and Smith in the squad and no Perch. Do we really need Ba, Shola, Sammy. Lovenkrands and Best to fight for what will probably be one starting place? Seriously I can't imagine that is the match squad unless Pardew is trying to reincarnate as Graeme Souness.

Seriously, would anyone not be happy with:

Krul

Simpson    Colo      Taylor    Ferguson

Marveaux      Cabaye  Tiote  Jonas

Best      Ba

? Some would swap Simpson for Raylor but would anyone complain about the rest?

I'm going to this but I'm dreading it.  We never get sod all at Villa, been 4 times and got a point in total, conceeded 7 and scored only 2  :(

Live about two hours away and stopping in brum, so will just have to get on the beer early to make up for the inevitable (sp) beating  :lol:

Krul

Best      Ba

That would do me, but I think I'd bring Gosling in and go with just Ba up front. Tough on Best but I just believe Ba will prove to be the quality striker in the long run.

Krul

Best      Ba

Not really, if I was being a pedant I'd say we'd end up quite narrow.  Does Marv use his right peg often?  Not seen enough of him, but looks pretty one footed.

No Elliot.

Everyones first two scratched surely?  Not sure who else should be taken out though.

So if Saylor or Colo get injured, we have Danny Simpson to cover and that is it  :embarassed:

Alan Smith to play CB and be a revelation , Pep style.

After his comments from Monday night, I'd be surprised if we didn't have 5 in midfield.

It'd be nice if we tried to play a bit of football, instead of hoofing the ball up in the hope our strikers can hold the ball up.

Krul

Best      Ba

Possibly swap the two wide men around, but that'd be what I'd go with.

I reckon it'll be Smith and, unfortunately, Sammy dropping out from that squad. Can't see Pardew opting for Sammy over Lovenkrands as an option on the bench which is a shame.

I agree with you on the Sammy/Lovenkrands thing - it is strange logic though as Pards turned to Sammy ahead of Lovenkrands on Monday night, yet it does appear more likely that if there is only a spot on the bench for one of them it's more likely to be Loven.

We rode our luck at QPR, and I cant see us getting away with it a second time. We know Zog, Agbonlahor or Albrighton could go past R.Taylor at will while our possesion will yield zero creativity on the left.

For me it simply has to be Ferguson if fit to give our excellent but hard pressed central defence an outlet when moving out with the ball. He could link well with Jonas to get behind Villa on the left

To give us the same threat on the right, Obertan needs to take his inhibitors off and start running past opponents which he obviously is capable of but inexplicably seems reluctant to do so.

Finally I think Best deserves to lead the line as he does appear up for it and seems to have developed a genuine goal threat now if he can just get some regular service.

If we go 4-5-1, what would people want the midfield to be?

Tiote

Gosling  Cabaye

Marveaux                Jonas

I quite like the idea of that. Bring Obertan on late on in the game against tired legs.

Would rely on hard work and dedication from the two wingbacks.

-------------------Krul

-----Simo--------Tayls---------Colo

RTay--------------------------------Jonas

------------------Tiote

-------Gos-------------------Cab

------------------Marv

------------------Best

Pards will play

-----------------Krul

Simo-----Tayls------Colo-------RTay

Obat-----Cab--------Tiote------Jonas

----------Best---------Shola