Aston Villa v NUFC - Sat 17th September 3PM

wormy

Krul

Simpson        Taylor      Coloccini        Santon

Tiote        Cabaye

Jonas                      Obertan                Marveaux

Ba

I'd go with this.

Hopefully it's slightly more exciting than last season's tie.

Draw would be pleasant.

Ready to kill myself after that game. In fact, Sky caught a shot of me pondering ending it all at HT.

krul

simpson    colo  saylor    santon

cabaye    tiote  jonas

obertan    marveaux

ba

the two behind the forward to pressurise the full backs and fall back a little whe the attack is on the oppositre side, plenty of movement when we are in possession including creating space for the midfield behind them to pull forward.

Krul

Simpson Taylor Colo Santon

Tiote Cabaye Jonas

Obertan          Marveaux

Best/Ba

Think we can get something out of this game.

Just had the thought that if he sticks with Raylor. Imagine Agbonlahor and N'Zogbia swapping sides, each taking turns to tear him a brand new orifice.

Doesn't bare thinking about.

:harry:

A truly horrifying thought.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Hopefully it's slightly more exciting than last season's tie.

Draw would be pleasant.

Ready to kill myself after that game. In fact, Sky caught a shot of me pondering ending it all at HT.

That and Liverpool away. Urgh.

Just had the thought that if he sticks with Raylor. Imagine Agbonlahor and N'Zogbia swapping sides, each taking turns to tear him a brand new orifice.

They will double team him like there's no tomorrow. Because there's no need to rush Santon.  :rolleyes:

Shit post.  Depends what you consider rushing to be... either a wise, let's not chuck him in straight away after a handful of days at the club in a Monday night live game against a pumped up opposition.  That wouldn't be rushing.  Or after a full week's training and preparation for the next game.  That wouldn't wise considering our other option.

They will double team him like there's no tomorrow. Because there's no need to rush Santon.  :rolleyes:

s*** post.  Depends what you consider rushing to be... either a wise, let's not chuck him in straight away after a handful of days at the club in a Monday night live game against a pumped up opposition.  That wouldn't be rushing.  Or after a full week's training and preparation for the next game.  That wouldn't wise considering our other option.

It would be wise to play our best players at any given time. It's as simple as that. Shola and Raylor being absolute shit today was so predictable. And everyone, fucking everyone can see that we have better players just sitting there on the bench. Santon is a professional. He just played a full U-21 game, and did well. So we know he is match fit. I see your point with not training as much as he would've liked by now with the team, but if you have quality players in your side, play them. Especially when the ones playing is contributing nothing. And I mean nothing.

It'll be a really tough match cos i think once Villa settle, they'll have a good year. They've looked good in fits and spurts, and with the potential they've got in N'Zogbia and Agbonlahor (whom i still rate hugely), they'll always create chances. Those two off Bent look a bit scary tbh, cos there's a shitload of goals in that triumvirate.

Them against our tri-force/breeze-block of Taylor, Colo and Krul will be an intriguing encounter.

If the defense is up to it, there's every chance of getting a result. From what i can gather, tonight was the worst performance of the season. However, what's true is that we're cementing this 'absolute-bastards-to-beat' attribute, and whilst Villa have some good players, there's nothing there that leaves me feeling certain that our unbeaten streak will come to an end.

Keep up the defensive rigidity... kick up the arse in training... bit more fluidity from an attacking perspective - and i'm very confident of getting a point at the very least. I'm happy for us to rely on our stalwarts to contain the various threats they have, and actually play our game. They're a good side but definitely beatable. Play for a draw, as we (allegedly) did tonight, they'll have more quality to pick us off, unlike QPR.

-------------------------------- Krul --------------------------------

Simpson --------- Taylor ---------- Coloccini --------- Santon

Obertan -------- Cabaye --------- Tiote --------------- Jonas

------------------------- Ba ---------- Best ------------------------

We can still go 4-4-2... just abandon the Jurassic footballing philosophy. No more hoofball. Defenders on their game, play properly.

What's certain is that this game will give us a better bearing on whether or not we've progressed as a side. Three clean sheets and 8 points from 12 suggest so... the performances, granted, do not.

Think it'll be a score-draw.

s*** post.  Depends what you consider rushing to be... either a wise, let's not chuck him in straight away after a handful of days at the club in a Monday night live game against a pumped up opposition.  That wouldn't be rushing.  Or after a full week's training and preparation for the next game.  That wouldn't wise considering our other option.

It would be wise to play our best players at any given time. It's as simple as that. Shola and Raylor being absolute shit today was so predictable. And everyone, fucking everyone can see that we have better players just sitting there on the bench. Santon is a professional. He just played a full U-21 game, and did well. So we know he is match fit. I see your point with not training as much as he would've liked by now with the team, but if you have quality players in your side, play them. Especially when the ones playing is contributing nothing. And I mean nothing.

:thup: Let's forget instances like Asprilla. It's not like he's been stuck training with a youth team at Inter before joining us. I don't believe the game has moved on that much in terms of fitness, tactics, whatever reason you want to give, that a newly signed player can't start or even come off the bench nearly a week after signing for us.

I think Cabaye and Tiote need more help and better defined roles so, on that basis, I'd go something like:

Krul

Simpson      Taylor          Colo        Santon

Cabaye

Tiote            Guthrie (or Gosling if fit)

Marveaux                                                  Jonas

Best (or Ba if Best unfit)