Toon pubs in London???

ExiledGeordie

I don't necessarily mean an entire put decked out in NUFC flags etc, lol But a pub maybe with a Geordie landlord which shows all the Toon matches when on and maybe the odd foreign channel Toon match. I think I read on here there's one down near Oxford Street somewhere but can't remember.

Be good to find one so any recommendations would be great. Been down here for years and years but never found one.

Cock and Lion on wigmore street for Sky / ESPN games, Famous 3 Kings off west kensington tube for all 3pm kick offs / non-sky televised. Worth phoning first but they have 90% of the games there (and actually have some kind of special licence to show these, or so they tell me - they certainly publicise showing them quite extensively)

Went to a place just off Park Lane a couple of years back where the Landlord was supposed to be from Newcastle and they showed as many games as they could, pretty decent turn out as well.

I'm sure it wasn't the Cock and Bull though, was stuck on a corner of some back street. :undecided:

EDIT: Balls, found it. It was the Barley Mow on Dukes street. Must have been more that a couple of years ago, changed into a bog standard pub in 2007 apparently.

Went to a place just off Park Lane a couple of years back where the Landlord was supposed to be from Newcastle and they showed as many games as they could, pretty decent turn out as well.

I'm sure it wasn't the Cock and Bull though, was stuck on a corner of some back street. :undecided:

EDIT: Balls, found it. It was the Barley Mow on Dukes street. Must have been more that a couple of years ago, changed into a bog standard pub in 2007 apparently.

Yep, everyone relocated to Cock and Lion after Barley Mow landlord packed it in. Pretty sure it was the Barley Mow where Lee Clark was photoed in the SMB shirt. Watched us against Lillestrom there I think in the intertoto just after I moved to London, was a great little pub.

• 1 month later...

Watched the 5-1 demolition of Sunderland in the Cock and Lion. Unbelievable atmosphere, was amazing. Place was rammed to s*** by toon fans chanting and singing all the usual stuff.

:thup: Same. One of THE best atmoshpere's I've ever experienced.

Went to the 6-0 Villa game there too, bit of a lucky pub for me that one

Anyone go to any of these places recently?

Reckon they'll have the Man city game on?

Famous 3 Kings had Wigan on but there were only 3 Saturday 3pm kick offs on that day rather than the 5 that there is on Saturday mind (they showed all 3 in different areas, the place is massive).

I would imagine it would be on but ring them first if you want to know 100%, that's what I did last time.

Famous 3 Kings had Wigan on but there were only 3 Saturday 3pm kick offs on that day rather than the 5 that there is on Saturday mind (they showed all 3 in different areas, the place is massive).

I would imagine it would be on but ring them first if you want to know 100%, that's what I did last time.

looking on .com, the list of foreign channels its on is massive.  Its also 5live's 3pm commentary game.  Just looked at the other Saturday 3pm's and ours is probably the 'stand out' fixture for broadcasters.

Will definitely be on in there like.

• 5 months later...

For those living further south, the toon games are always on in the Blue Lagoon in Hove (near Brighton) and a fair few of us go to watch the game.

Just move to Kingsway, will definitely be popping in there!

The Allsop Arms in Allsop place (?) near Baker Street. No idea if it's still there or still NUFC staff. Went there a lot in 1996. Nice small pub anyhow.

It's still there and still shows sports, but have never noticed anything NUFC-specific in there.

Totally off subject here but I assume there's no chance there's any NUFC-friendly pubs in Manchester? I, too would like to see the Chelsea-NUFC game...

Pub called the Friendship Inn in Fallowfield isn't a Toon pub but when there's an NUFC game on there always seems to be a healthy gaggle of Newcastle fans.

Totally off subject here but I assume there's no chance there's any NUFC-friendly pubs in Manchester? I, too would like to see the Chelsea-NUFC game...

Pub called the Friendship Inn in Fallowfield isn't a Toon pub but when there's an NUFC game on there always seems to be a healthy gaggle of Newcastle fans.

Nice one, thanks! Will check it out.

Todays match against Wigan will be on live in the `Famous Three Kings`right next to West Kensington Tube Station. I`ll be there proudly wearing my Pardy Time t-shirt!

I'm moving to West Kensington soon, good to know! Shame it's after the season is over, but could be a good place to drink in until it starts back up again. Cheers!

I watched us get relegated in there. Depressing.