Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

I don't know why people go on about Ashley.  He owns the club, bought it when we were in serious trouble financially and has pumped a bit of money in.  The likes of Brighton and Huddersfield have spent big compared to us but that will only move them up a bit nearer to our level.

I terms of spend I think we should remember that Rafas wages alone are probably at least 3 times that of any of the other promoted teams.  I believe that Ashley put in another £30 mil last season just to keep us going because our outgoings were much more (Rafa)

Why people think that he should pump money he's made through his other business ventures into NUFC  is madness

What really made me laugh about what he was saying is that Huddersfield and Brighton can generate 40 million + each to get the players they need and are seeking yet we can't.

He is taking our fan base to be completely stupid and going by how many of our fans on twitter, etcI have seen agreeing with him and sympathising with him he's probably not wrong to do so either.

Yep, plus if you look at Huddersfields owner, he's a fan. Cares about the club, speaks of the club as "we" not "it". Hasn't came out with some silly fucking interview to ruin the mood of optimism around the club...I could go on. Same with Brighton I believe.

Then look at our fucking owner. Still as you say a large proportion of our fanbase have been well and truly hoodwinked. God knows how though.

Am interested to see this now. He seems to have gone into individual mistakes.

Strangely, I think sacking Allardyce was one of the best snap decisions he made, although he probably sees the benefits of a manager like that now.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't know why people go on about Ashley.  He owns the club, bought it when we were in serious trouble financially and has pumped a bit of money in.  The likes of Brighton and Huddersfield have spent big compared to us but that will only move them up a bit nearer to our level.

I terms of spend I think we should remember that Rafas wages alone are probably at least 3 times that of any of the other promoted teams.  I believe that Ashley put in another £30 mil last season just to keep us going because our outgoings were much more (Rafa)

Why people think that he should pump money he's made through his other business ventures into NUFC  is madness

The first sentence says it all really. If you don't know that then you're beyond help tbh.

Everything you've said after that backs it up, totally clueless.

:fool: He doesn't put any of his own money in but he does take money out of the club. Is that OK in your book?

WUM or a Mackem.

Guest neesy111

Or a dolt. Speaking to a bloke yesterday who reckons we haven't bought enough players because Rafa won't spend the money.

Couldn't leave that conversation quick enough.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/173/576/Wat8.jpg

Guest firetotheworks

Or a dolt. Speaking to a bloke yesterday who reckons we haven't bought enough players because Rafa won't spend the money.

Hope you left whilst windmilling.

Well, didn't you see that clip where Mike Ashley said Charnley answered to Benitez regarding transfers??

Seriously though, never ceases to amaze me how utterly stupid people are.

Well, didn't you see that clip where Mike Ashley said Charnley answered to Benitez regarding transfers??

Seriously though, never seizes to amaze me how utterly stupid people are.

:lol:

Seriously though, never seizes to amaze me how utterly stupid people are.

:lol:

Fuck :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mike-ashley-reveals-biggest-mistakes-13470265

Mike Ashley reveals some of his biggest mistakes as Newcastle United owner

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley reflects on his 10 years in charge at St James' Park and speaks of his regrets

BY LEE RYDER

09:42, 13 AUG 2017

Mike Ashley has admitted making some big mistakes as owner of Newcastle United.

After being interviewed by Sky Sports, the next batch of the Toon tycoon’s remarks have been released with Ashley making some shock revelations about the way he has operated as owner of the Magpies.

Having already stated he hasn’t handed Rafa Benitez enough money to spend, Ashley has gone on to confess:

He should never have changed the name of St James’ Park to the Sports Direct Arena in 2011

That he sacked Sam Allardyce too hastily

That the “wheels came off” at the club in 2014 after finally achieving some stability.

The whole of Ashley’s interview will be aired at 7pm on Sunday night, but when asked about his stint in charge of the club, he said: “Very naive in the beginning.

“In the middle I thought I was just about beginning to get my arms around it a little bit, we had a manager on an eight-year contract [Alan Pardew].

“We had the finance right, talked about investing in the training ground and the academy, we had a strategy, buying young talent and developing.”

And reflecting on his decision to axe Allardyce in 2007, Ashley said: “I probably rushed in too early.

“The first thing, letting Sam Allardyce go, I was probably too keen to get going and make a difference, and I was a bit naive about how football worked.”

Ashley was then asked about his decision to change the name of St James’ Park and said: “The first thing you feel is stupidity, because as soon as you know the hindsight of something, you know what you were doing wrong.

“For example, I thought it was the right thing to do was to generate as much money as possible for Newcastle, so when people say to me: ‘Whatever you do on an interview do not talk about changing the name of St James’ Park!’

“Well I’m me, and I’m going to talk about making an error, and I should not have changed the name of St James’ Park. I should not have done that.

“Football is not all about making money and reinvesting it into football clubs, it has a very strange balance to it. I wanted to get naming rights, get money in and invest it into the club.

“The reality is, the vast majority of the Geordie fans would rather have the name of St James’ Park and finish maybe one or two places lower in the table, because they want to keep it special.

“You begin to learn that the special side of Newcastle means a little bit more than the ultimate end performance on the pitch.

“I actually understand how cross the fans were."

“If I was a fan, would I have been as upset as they were? I would probably have been worse!

“It wasn’t acceptable what happened at Newcastle United Football Club, but of course I never did it on purpose.

“There was no gain for me at all to get certain things wrong.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mike-ashley-reveals-biggest-mistakes-13470265

Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley reflects on his 10 years in charge at St James' Park and speaks of his regrets

BY LEE RYDER

After being interviewed by Sky Sports, the next batch of the Toon tycoon’s remarks have been released with Ashley making some shock revelations about the way he has operated as owner of the Magpies.

Having already stated he hasn’t handed Rafa Benitez enough money to spend, Ashley has gone on to confess:

He should never have changed the name of St James’ Park to the Sports Direct Arena in 2011

That the “wheels came off” at the club in 2014 after finally achieving some stability.

The whole of Ashley’s interview will be aired at 7pm on Sunday night, but when asked about his stint in charge of the club, he said: “Very naive in the beginning.

“In the middle I thought I was just about beginning to get my arms around it a little bit, we had a manager on an eight-year contract [Alan Pardew].

“We had the finance right, talked about investing in the training ground and the academy, we had a strategy, buying young talent and developing.”

And reflecting on his decision to axe Allardyce in 2007, Ashley said: “I probably rushed in too early.

“The first thing, letting Sam Allardyce go, I was probably too keen to get going and make a difference, and I was a bit naive about how football worked.”

Ashley was then asked about his decision to change the name of St James’ Park and said: “The first thing you feel is stupidity, because as soon as you know the hindsight of something, you know what you were doing wrong.

“For example, I thought it was the right thing to do was to generate as much money as possible for Newcastle, so when people say to me: ‘Whatever you do on an interview do not talk about changing the name of St James’ Park!’

“Well I’m me, and I’m going to talk about making an error, and I should not have changed the name of St James’ Park. I should not have done that.

“Football is not all about making money and reinvesting it into football clubs, it has a very strange balance to it. I wanted to get naming rights, get money in and invest it into the club.

“The reality is, the vast majority of the Geordie fans would rather have the name of St James’ Park and finish maybe one or two places lower in the table, because they want to keep it special.

“You begin to learn that the special side of Newcastle means a little bit more than the ultimate end performance on the pitch.

“If I was a fan, would I have been as upset as they were? I would probably have been worse!

“It wasn’t acceptable what happened at Newcastle United Football Club, but of course I never did it on purpose.

But... but... but... NUFC didn't make ANYTHING from you renaming the stadium, you utter fucking charlatan. It was another Sports Direct advertising for nowt special.

I'm not going to be able to watch the interview. Serious danger of smashed telly.

BY LEE RYDER

well that's fucking horrific

After all the shit this bloke has done to us, people are actually falling for this horseshit  :lol:

Exactly, how easy has Ashley got it man. Repeatedly fuck the club and fans over for the fun of it, then come out with an interview and a bit of Kieth Bishop's PR and plenty of fools feel for him. We'll never be rid of him while this is the case sadly.

See in isolation none of what he says is unreasonable, but to anyone who knows the full story with this spunkrocket, well we all know, most of us anyway.

Monday morning at work is going to be nice, a stream of idiotic fans from other teams telling me 'he doesn't seem so bad' and then arguing with you when you try to put them straight. I don't think i'm going to make it through Monday without putting my desk through someones head.