Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Absolutely f*** all in there to suggest she's going to make a bid "in the next few weeks".

It's there to be denied, so we'll see.

It's also incredibly vague, barely more than an opinion piece.

Communication between Ashley’s team and Staveley has been happening regularly over the last fortnight or so, according to sources in the City,

This is it. I'd be more inclined to believe what's reported in the likes of the FT than what Ryder, Edwards et al are peddling.

Everyone associated with this deal from Ashley to Mrs Fox to Rafa has to ask the question "whats in it for me" I imagine that will take some time.

Absolutely f*** all in there to suggest she's going to make a bid "in the next few weeks".

Almost like they see a story and know it's clickbait-tastic for easy work, nothing that has been written over the last few days has convinced me that anything is any closer than it was when the club was put up for sale despite what the media is trying to convince us.

Almost like they see a story and know it's clickbait-tastic for easy work, nothing that has been written over the last few days has convinced me that anything is any closer than it was the club was put up for sale despite what the media is trying to convince us.

The story hasn't been denied. Something is definitely in it, at least.

Almost like they see a story and know it's clickbait-tastic for easy work, nothing that has been written over the last few days has convinced me that anything is any closer than it was when the club was put up for sale despite what the media is trying to convince us.

Financial Times not reputable enough for you?

Financial Times not reputable enough for you?

Not when the stuff that's written is a load of hearsay that says absolutely nothing that we haven't known for weeks. It's all could be this, might be that and on the cusp of this and so on.

They are being incredibly clever/careful with their words without saying anything of substance, it's all bollocks imo and i have seen zero to suggest otherwise.

I understand your country's poor journalism standards make you wary (on top of Ashley), but that's literally how reporting works, especially when reporting on bigger subjects. FT had a source close to the situation, that's how most info gets into the press. Outlets as large and reputable as FT don't just print things for the sake of it unless they're sure and trust their source, and if they do they heads roll. Honestly, with everything that's come out plus the statement, there's nothing to suggest that nothing is happening. Quite clearly people are interested, whether Ashley is actually serious and willing to meet an asking price is the main question.

If they haven't been discussing the asking price over the last few weeks of 'contact' then what the hell have they been talking about?

Maybe it's been the opposite of what we think, ie how serious Ashley is about selling.

How do you mean?

Maybe the dialogue hasn't been Ashley asking how serious potential buyers are (as has commonly been the position the club have claimed), but them asking him how serious he is about selling. Maybe he's taken some convincing.

If they haven't been discussing the asking price over the last few weeks of 'contact' then what the hell have they been talking about?

Maybe it's been the opposite of what we think, ie how serious Ashley is about selling.

How do you mean?

Maybe the dialogue hasn't been Ashley asking how serious potential buyers are (as has commonly been the position the club have claimed), but them asking him how serious he is about selling. Maybe he's taken some convincing.

Right, yeah I get it now. Yeah, you might well be right.

And then he releases that statement about selling to try to flush out other interest and drive the price up. Man, I hope this comes off.

How would the press know if she/her client hadn't already signed a NDA? we keep hearing about 4 being signed but surely they wouldn't know who by.

Just be talk from sources who arn’t revealed, like everything else.

Why are people so quick to try and dash these articles that are from reputable sources? And not let them have atleast a little bit of hope.

Just being honest and it reading how i see it,  i'd love them to be true.

We all would mate, can you even imagine what it would be like if we were richer than PSG. I'll not hold my breath but oh, what a fantasy world that would be!  :cheesy: