Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

If he was serious Carver would already be on his way to the Job Centre. He's full of s***, hes been wheeled out as a PR exercise.

He should have executed Carver in the centre circle after the game.

Started the revolution off there and then.

Despite the numerous blunders, I've never completely lost faith in this guy. He's not made a statement like this before, so let's see what happens in the next few weeks. It's not as though there's an alternative.

This has been the most horrible few months of supporting my club that I can remember. It felt like total self-destruct. I hope this interview will at least draw a temporary line under this, until we see what he delivers. That may be hoping for too much though.

Chronicle have a poll which is almost 50-50 for "Do you feel encouraged by Ashleys pre match comments". Am hoping the poll hasn't been open long. And only me and Cronky have voted for 1 each way.

But fuck sake, if people believe this shit, god help us.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/newcastle-united-safe-agony-ecstasy-9321552

P.S Don't watch Ryder's video, he's taking about it being a brilliant story to the end of the season, completely ignoring thousands of fans chanting "GET OUT OF OUR CLUB" throughout.

Despite the numerous blunders, I've never completely lost faith in this guy. He's not made a statement like this before, so let's see what happens in the next few weeks. It's not as though there's an alternative.

This has been the most horrible few months of supporting my club that I can remember. It felt like total self-destruct. I hope this interview will at least draw a temporary line under this, until we see what he delivers. That may be hoping for too much though.

Mike Ashley and delivers don't belong in the same sentence unless he's been on just-eat.

The thing is, there are a lot more donkeys out there. I bet a lot of them went straight home and got themselves a season ticket for next season after Ashleys PR-thing. It's a wonder these people even know how to walk ffs.

Wake up Neo.

Nothing new in what he said, only difference is that it's in spoken words on the telly this time and not statements on the club's website. Those statements were full of lies, this will be no different.

Would love to believe what he's said but when you look back at everything else, you know it's just hot air. He talked about the five year plan and we were relegated that season. Strategic move from him to do this right at the end of the season so the focus won't be on him for the rest of the summer. Because no matter what moves we make, people will just point back to this interview and say how its a step in the right direction or some other bollocks.

Shit leapords don't change their shit spots.

Actions speak louder than words.

Remove Carver and Charnley

Appoint a strong manager and MD immediately

Invest significantly in building a solid squad over a number of windows

If selling players, buy decent replacements

Try to be competitive in all competitions

Ashley takes on a role as the visible leader of the club, ensuring regular positive communication and backing it up with actions

If Ashley does all of that then there's a chance of him regaining the trust of supporters over 2 or 3 seasons.

But his track record suggest today's interview was all lies and he'll do absolutely fuck all apart from cream off the TV cash and spend nowt whilst aiming for 17th place every season.

He was very careful about the word "investment",  I suspect the "investment"  will be what is required anyway and will be dressed up by bishop as making the club better.  Anyway we will soon know the intent if carver is given the job. Ashley's statement was a pure beg for season ticket sales.

Guest Howaythetoon

Well done to the AO people, they have him rattled. More fans need to get behind them next season like, myself included.