Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Guest firetotheworks

Well if this doesn't work out all I can say is those are some nice shirts you've got there Paully. It would be a shame if something were to happen to them.

A lad I've known for about 15 years, and works out in the Middle East reckons the sale is definitely on, and things will "be better than alright".

Definitely not the sort to bullshit.....Paully knows the fella too.

f***ing hell, first time I've actually thought this might happen.

All correct!

I’ve had several messages off him today and I’m already calling the fine lady we were talking about ‘Queen Amanda’!

I don’t want to tempt fate and you never know with the fat w***** in charge but I think we are in for a rather splendid January!

giphy.gif

I know you can't say/know much guys, but when you say "splendid January" what numbers are we talking about? (would you guess). If it it happens. I assume it's more than we usually spend :lol: Not that it's all about the money, we have to get it right as well. Please happen!

A lad I've known for about 15 years, and works out in the Middle East reckons the sale is definitely on, and things will "be better than alright".

Definitely not the sort to bullshit.....Paully knows the fella too.

f***ing hell, first time I've actually thought this might happen.

All correct!

I’ve had several messages off him today and I’m already calling the fine lady we were talking about ‘Queen Amanda’!

I don’t want to tempt fate and you never know with the fat w***** in charge but I think we are in for a rather splendid January!

Yeeeeeessss!!! That's what I've been wanting for the last couple of days. Couldn't give a monkeys if it's nothing concrete it just refreshes the daydream.

I'm probably in the minority but it'd proper feel like I was losing my club if we were bought out by a 'sugar daddy' like. I'd probably get over it pretty quickly when I realised I didn't have to watch Perez and Joselu every week like.

I think after half a century without a meaningful trophy we could be allowed some leeway when it comes to buying some success.

Yes, I just cannot believe it is 48 years since my first year (as a kid) having enough money to go to most of the games.

1969 was my first year, and as my own School Report once said . . "a good start, but must try harder" . . .

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=55836819&postcount=942

I'd actually still be very uncomfortable with a Man City solution to success, I don't know if that makes me a purist or some such thing but I'd prefer to shock people - a bit like Leicester did (though not immediately fade away after).

If we are sold and Rafa stays it can work either way, buy it, or do it through team work. You probably only need a 20-30% increase in player ability in half the squad, the ones we'd not shed a tear to lose anyway, and you can be sure Rafa is making top 6 every year provided he's still buying the hungry genuine characters.

It would be hard for me to feel attachment for, say, Aguero the way I feel it for Shelvey, Merino, Shearer, Lee, Lascelles etc.

Money changes everything but I still believe you only need everything to be run correctly with a view to success, everbody with the same vision, in order to produce someting special.

It was '73 I went to my first match. Pretty sure Tommy Gibb was still there, positive Frank Clark and Iain McFaul still were. Davey Craig too?

Incidentally, as a complete aside, I was wondering about a football song the other day, and if it referenced a player or it was just some tune football fans sang... "Aye, aye, aye-aye somebody pinched my sombrero, the dirty twats, they've pissed in my hat, and now I've got nothing to wear-o, wear-o, wear-o."

I know I'm biased but Newcastle is probably the most football daft city in the country. If any team could wear the mantle of a mega-millions squad it's us. It's not like we're Fulham or Stoke.

The Man City treatment means basically becoming another club entirely. Nothing about their club is anything like the club they had 15 years ago. Different badge, different stadium, entirely different make up. They might be successful and well-run, but nothing about their rise has been remotely organic. They've bought their success on a scale that's only rivaled (in this country) by mid-noughties Chelsea. It's poxy imo. I'd rather be a bit more old fashioned than that and find a balance; if that means never winning the league then so f***.

Until they implement some form a salary cap (which of course they never will), there is literally no way you'll ever get to that organic state of righteous improvement. Once a team gets to an established top 6 or 7 or steady position, even the odd cup win, we would want more, because we are all human beings, FFS we weren't happy until Bobby when we finished 5th. It's natural, it's almost impossible for a human to ever be happy when the end goal is mediocrity.