Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Maybe we should take a clue from Ashley and not care either. Don't turn up for matches, don't watch them on the TV, don't listen on the radio, don't buy any merchandise, don't go on forums and discuss them, don't talk about the club to other clueless Americans who only support Man U or Arsenal and maybe then there will be change...But I doubt it.

As I was saying to Ste earlier if one person or loads of people don't turn up and cancel season tickets then more youngsters and casual fans will just end up going.

Match day income is apparently not worth that much to him so if he had no one coming into the club to watch matches he will still get the TV money. Myself I haven't bought this seasons home shirt for the first time since I was 11, but thats more to do with my objections against Wonga.

In fact the Wonga shirt is a definition of the fans attitude. When it was announced that they were to be our sponsors plenty of people campaigned against it, loads said they wouldn't buy the shirt. Look at them now, they have went out and bought the shirt in record numbers, everyone at the match has a Wonga shirt, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if they bought the shirts with money lent from Wonga.

Maybe we should take a clue from Ashley and not care either. Don't turn up for matches, don't watch them on the TV, don't listen on the radio, don't buy any merchandise, don't go on forums and discuss them, don't talk about the club to other clueless Americans who only support Man U or Arsenal and maybe then there will be change...But I doubt it.

As I was saying to Ste earlier if one person or loads of people don't turn up and cancel season tickets then more youngsters and casual fans will just end up going.

Match day income is apparently not worth that much to him so if he had no one coming into the club to watch matches he will still get the TV money. Myself I haven't bought this seasons home shirt for the first time since I was 11, but thats more to do with my objections against Wonga.

In fact the Wonga shirt is a definition of the fans attitude. When it was announced that they were to be our sponsors plenty of people campaigned against it, loads said they wouldn't buy the shirt. Look at them now, they have went out and bought the shirt in record numbers, everyone at the match has a Wonga shirt, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if they bought the shirts with money lent from Wonga.

If those crowds go down enough he will take notice not a couple of thousand for sure but 15 - 20,000 is a bit different and I'm not so sure about your young fans or casual will be taking their place - if this was the case why do we never get anywhere near a sell out for cup games in the early rounds when ticket prices are relatively cheap.

Do you think he wouldn't miss £24 million?

I could do things to this man that would make Patrick Bateman look like a mild mannered florist.

Yeah, like defend Pardew. We're all so impressed.

Yeah because everything changes when Pardew goes.

Fucking retard. (Same goes for Mick)

A lot can change when a manager goes, just look at what's going on down the road. But then you are one of those who has defended our current manager to the hilt as he loses match after match to the wearside scum.

Do you think he wouldn't miss £24 million?

do you really think he'd start crying over losing it and just sell the club straight away or simply make cuts to expenditure to compensate for the lost income.

In fact the Wonga shirt is a definition of the fans attitude. When it was announced that they were to be our sponsors plenty of people campaigned against it, loads said they wouldn't buy the shirt. Look at them now, they have went out and bought the shirt in record numbers , everyone at the match has a Wonga shirt, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if they bought the shirts with money lent from Wonga.

Not having a pop at you specifically Stifler, but how do we know that this is actually true?  It just doesn't feel right that it's the actual case and we only have some waffle from the club to go on.  I can't say I've seen that many knocking about and I know a few that said they'd never buy one, plus it's not that great a top.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I could do things to this man that would make Patrick Bateman look like a mild mannered florist.

f***ing retard. (Same goes for Mick)

A lot can change when a manager goes, just look at what's going on down the road. But then you are one of those who has defended our current manager to the hilt as he loses match after match to the wearside scum.

I think, Tron - you live in a fantasy world. How have I defended the man ''TO THE HILT!' today?

The answer - obvious to most , but perhaps not you - is that I have not. However you're ready there at the top of the hill to hoy muck down so whilst you think you're doing me a disservice your hands are covered in mess...

do you really think he'd start crying over losing it and just sell the club straight away or simply make cuts to expenditure to compensate for the lost income.

I'm fairly sure he'd sell up as quick as he could if we lost £24 million, yes.

I think, Tron - you live in a fantasy world. How have I defended the man ''TO THE HILT!' today?

The answer - obvious to most , but perhaps not you - is that I have not. However you're ready there at the top of the hill to hoy muck down so whilst you think you're doing me a disservice your hands are covered in mess...

You haven't been defending Pardew? Maybe I read your posts wrong and need a Happy Face chart to see where I was going wrong.

You've defended him up to now and today was only another loss on top of the previous two so Tron is correct.

Guest strongbow69

In fact the Wonga shirt is a definition of the fans attitude. When it was announced that they were to be our sponsors plenty of people campaigned against it, loads said they wouldn't buy the shirt. Look at them now, they have went out and bought the shirt in record numbers , everyone at the match has a Wonga shirt, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if they bought the shirts with money lent from Wonga.

Not having a pop at you specifically Stifler, but how do we know that this is actually true?  It just doesn't feel right that it's the actual case and we only have some waffle from the club to go on.  I can't say I've seen that many knocking about and I know a few that said they'd never buy one, plus it's not that great a top.

I expect its spin, highest shirt sales since the return to the premiership perhaps

I'm fairly sure he'd sell up as quick as he could if we lost £24 million, yes.

lets just say I'm rather more skeptical about that, put into context the tv deal increased roughly around £20m this season. Considering we haven't actually invested any of that its not much of a cut.

Guest Haris Vuckic

You haven't been defending Pardew? Maybe I read your posts wrong and need a Happy Face chart to see where I was going wrong.

Tron - to see where you've been going wrong/rectify it we need two things

1. A condom to give to yer dae

2. a time machine

Tron - to see where you've been going wrong/rectify it we need two things

1. A condom to give to yer dae

2. a time machine

Mate you are lucky I'm not going to bite, I've no desire to be banned otherwise I'd give a worthy answer I assure you.

1am download of my brain.

Between two different websites, -£40m to -£45m net spend over the previous 5 years. Other big clubs that follow that model with similar figures are Atletico, Everton, Sevilla and a bit 'worse off' Ajax at -£60m net. Porto have netted approximately £150m in transfer profit over the last 5 years. The difference between us and the likes of Atletico, Ajax, Porto etc. is that they exist in reasonably non-competitive leagues, which allows for the income to be continuously re-invested winto attracting young starlets to CL-capable clubs.

The fact we are where we are in the league is a minor miracle and a testament to our careful recruitment as we exist in the most competitive and expensive league in the world. The biggest irk is untapped potential, there is no reason to not have paid advertising in the ground to generate income other than a complete disrespect of our club at the most fundamental level by treating it purely as an advertising vehicle. Does anyone remember the reason Mike Ashley gave SJH for buying the club? He wanted to use it to market his SD brand to Asia. Fast forward 5 years and it seems not only is that the main reason for owning the club, but he's now pocketing transfer money to seemingly gamble on the stock market without paying money back into the club.

You could argue he saved the club from financial ruin, but a massive chunk of repayable debt incurred was caused directly by his purchase of the club in the first place (stadium loan). By not re-investing transfer fees, his style of ownership and financial control screams 'crook' to the highest degree. It seems what he's doing is essentially the same as borrowing £Xm then using the clubs own turnover and profit to pay that loan back, leaving with 0 outlay and a club as an asset for no expense at all - funded by trousered TV money, increased SD sales from free advertising and transfer profit.

It wasn't always this bad, at the start he did invest and we got the likes of Colocinni, Guiterrez and KK. The man WANTED us to do well. Then all the death threats started and the open letters, and I genuinely believe he has absolutely zero consideration for this club any more than as a cash cow with a complete disdain for the fans and customers. It really wouldn't surprise me if he owns up in 20yrs time that the second recruitment of Kinnear was to spite the fans. The man is not adverse to speculative investment and risk taking, he has an absolute fortune in liquid capital if he wanted to make a fist of turning us into a world force. The fact he bluntly refuses to do it now suggests to me that he really does not care one iota about the fans or the club.

He doesn't admit mistakes, and the only way Pardew is going to be gone inside his 8yr contract is to join another club. The court case in the aftermath of KKs departure painted bare his ruthless and spiteful business practices, where he was PROVEN in court that he was intentionally attempting to mislead fans and lie to them. Fans = customers = stakeholders. He only has himself to blame, but as he's been caught out he's just taking it out on the club and the fans.

While fans remain apathetic he keeps winning, until damage is done to his brand he'll never go or never change. How hard is it really, if people wanted change, to just not turn up for a couple of home games in a row? A couple of gates of less than 5k, with everyone outside the ground with anti-SD banners. It would kill him, it may even lead to a sit-down where he might change his outlook, or he'll just up sticks and cut his losses.

1am download of my brain.

Between two different websites, -£40m to -£45m net spend over the previous 5 years. Other big clubs that follow that model with similar figures are Atletico, Everton, Sevilla and a bit 'worse off' Ajax at -£60m net. Porto have netted approximately £150m in transfer profit over the last 5 years. The difference between us and the likes of Atletico, Ajax, Porto etc. is that they exist in reasonably non-competitive leagues, which allows for the income to be continuously re-invested winto attracting young starlets to CL-capable clubs.

The fact we are where we are in the league is a minor miracle and a testament to our careful recruitment as we exist in the most competitive and expensive league in the world. The biggest irk is untapped potential, there is no reason to not have paid advertising in the ground to generate income other than a complete disrespect of our club at the most fundamental level by treating it purely as an advertising vehicle. Does anyone remember the reason Mike Ashley gave SJH for buying the club? He wanted to use it to market his SD brand to Asia. Fast forward 5 years and it seems not only is that the main reason for owning the club, but he's now pocketing transfer money to seemingly gamble on the stock market without paying money back into the club.

You could argue he saved the club from financial ruin, but a massive chunk of repayable debt incurred was caused directly by his purchase of the club in the first place (stadium loan). By not re-investing transfer fees, his style of ownership and financial control screams 'crook' to the highest degree. It seems what he's doing is essentially the same as borrowing £Xm then using the clubs own turnover and profit to pay that loan back, leaving with 0 outlay and a club as an asset for no expense at all - funded by trousered TV money, increased SD sales from free advertising and transfer profit.

It wasn't always this bad, at the start he did invest and we got the likes of Colocinni, Guiterrez and KK. The man WANTED us to do well. Then all the death threats started and the open letters, and I genuinely believe he has absolutely zero consideration for this club any more than as a cash cow with a complete disdain for the fans and customers. It really wouldn't surprise me if he owns up in 20yrs time that the second recruitment of Kinnear was to spite the fans. The man is not adverse to speculative investment and risk taking, he has an absolute fortune in liquid capital if he wanted to make a fist of turning us into a world force. The fact he bluntly refuses to do it now suggests to me that he really does not care one iota about the fans or the club.

He doesn't admit mistakes, and the only way Pardew is going to be gone inside his 8yr contract is to join another club. The court case in the aftermath of KKs departure painted bare his ruthless and spiteful business practices, where he was PROVEN in court that he was intentionally attempting to mislead fans and lie to them. Fans = customers = stakeholders. He only has himself to blame, but as he's been caught out he's just taking it out on the club and the fans.

While fans remain apathetic he keeps winning, until damage is done to his brand he'll never go or never change. How hard is it really, if people wanted change, to just not turn up for a couple of home games in a row? A couple of gates of less than 5k, with everyone outside the ground with anti-SD banners. It would kill him, it may even lead to a sit-down where he might change his outlook, or he'll just up sticks and cut his losses.

Top post sums up exactly what is happening and what needs to be done to make him sit up and take note.

Said it before. He and his employees, Pardew and Kinnear, have killed my enjoyment in a sport and a club I have loved since I was a kid.

I can see myself, for the first time ever, taking nothing but a mild interest in the rest of the season now. There is literally nothing left to play for except maybe 3 more points to confirm we aren't relegated. That's it.

Can pretty much see the team going on a heavy losing streak now, similar to most of last season. Next two games are essentially a write off and most of the lads with any sort of world cup aspirations will most likely coast along trying not to get injured. Not to mention nearly every year, the teams comfortably in 8th to 11th tend to start losing to all the teams at the bottom with something left to play for.

Season is over. All three are cunts and I pray for the day that each one of them are no longer associated with this great club.

Said it before. He and his employees, Pardew and Kinnear, have killed my enjoyment in a sport and a club I have loved since I was a kid. .

This, I don't feel feelings with regards to this anymore, other than the odd day of realizing it's all going to waste.

Hawk's post summed it up. Something has to happen before it's too late.

here's the thing, by the standards set out by the club before the season (top 10 finish) he is meeting his performance goals and also avoiding europe.

This result could easily be the kick start to not achieving Top 10 though.

or it could just be another bump along the road and we finish in the top 10 anyway. At which point ashleys won again, sold best player for £20m and stayed in top 10 and avoided the nasty europa league.

Freddy Shepherd was in varying degrees an idiot, an oaf, a twat and a blaggard.

But he cared what fans thought about him, even if it was only for his only vanity. And if the fans were pissed off about a manager enough, it would influence if he sacked him. If the fans were pissed off about results enough, it would make him try and sign someone to fix it, even if it might have been the wrong player.

Under Ashley the fans don't have any power what so ever, because he gives absolutely zero fucks.

Good point. I thought Shepherd was a complete fuckwit (and still do) but at least he took responsibility.

There mightn't even be a Newcastle United if Freddie Shepherd was still here. We'd have done a Portsmouth or a Leeds, or maybe even worse...

That's not saying I support Ashley though, just an observation.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Under Ashley the commercial revenue at United has halved. It's unlikely that would have happened with Shepherd.

Guest Roger Kint

Under Ashley the commercial revenue at United has halved. It's unlikely that would have happened with Shepherd.

:lol: Here we go again