Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

Sadly, that is probably true.  But I think the club is capable of better results (and I don't mean winning games) and the goals for Pardew should be raised.

achieving better results ie finishing higher risks europa league and in order to have a serious go at the high reward of champions league cash requires large investment which is a big no no

Ashley is going no-where baring a Middle East Miracle......the best we can hope for is that Pardew is removed and a new competent manager brought in.

I put my hopes in a business review where Ashley concludes that Pardew is not meeting his performance goals and is replaced.  I don;t actually beleive that this will happen though.

here's the thing, by the standards set out by the club before the season (top 10 finish) he is meeting his performance goals and also avoiding europe.

Except in one regard, and that is he is devaluing the squad. If Ashley wants to buy players as future investments, the one surefire way to wipe millions off their value is to put a clueless manager in charge.

Ashley is going no-where baring a Middle East Miracle......the best we can hope for is that Pardew is removed and a new competent manager brought in.

I put my hopes in a business review where Ashley concludes that Pardew is not meeting his performance goals and is replaced.  I don;t actually beleive that this will happen though.

here's the thing, by the standards set out by the club before the season (top 10 finish) he is meeting his performance goals and also avoiding europe.

Except in one regard, and that is he is devaluing the squad. If Ashley wants to buy players as future investments, the one surefire way to wipe millions off their value is to put a clueless manager in charge.

The two major sales from players who were brought in under Pardew both turned a nice profit (7m odd for Ba, 15m odd for Cabaye) he's succeeded in that respect thus far.

A 45 million profit on transfers in 5 years says differently. Whilst another manager may add more value, they also won't accept their best players being sold from under their nose without replacement. Pardew is Ashley's wet manager dream, and today was a particular highlight as it means the fans that insulted him are absolutely gutted and the chances of accidentally qualifying for Europe are now close to zero.

This result could easily be the kick start to not achieving Top 10 though.

Christ, this is depressing. I can think of literally nothing we can do that will realistically get him to leave. I certainly can't afford to buy him out.

I also hate the fact that he could read this board and see how annoyed we are about him. He'll probably love it and so will Kinnear (if he can read). 

This result could easily be the kick start to not achieving Top 10 though.

or it could just be another bump along the road and we finish in the top 10 anyway. At which point ashleys won again, sold best player for £20m and stayed in top 10 and avoided the nasty europa league.

The two major sales from players who were brought in under Pardew both turned a nice profit (7m odd for Ba, 15m odd for Cabaye) he's succeeded in that respect thus far.

Those players sold themselves, and the run of form individually had little to do with Pardew. Cabaye hit a hot streak with his eyes on the world cup and that probably added a few million to the final price. How is that going to happen with the likes of Santon, Sissoko, HBA and Tiote? These are players that need a manager who can mould a team, not jumble random players until he gets a nice result.

The cynic in me says Ashley tells his pet Pardew to throw the derby to ensure he hits us where it hurts most for all the abuse we give him. I bet he's still sulking from when he threw his toys out his oversized pram in the relegation season.

Christ, this is depressing. I can think of literally nothing we can do that will realistically get him to leave. I certainly can't afford to buy him out.

I also hate the fact that he could read this board and see how annoyed we are about him. He'll probably love it and so will Kinnear (if he can read). 

I wouldn't be surprised if he gets his lackies to check forums for him.

Sadly, that is probably true.  But I think the club is capable of better results (and I don't mean winning games) and the goals for Pardew should be raised.

achieving better results ie finishing higher risks europa league and in order to have a serious go at the high reward of champions league cash requires large investment which is a big no no

I would say that he may get rid due to today putting more pressure on him after the transfer fiasco but I honestly don't think he gives a flying fuck about what we think. Any other Premiership club would of sacked Pardew after the derby and Liverpool games last year, the fact he didn't tells a big story.

Those players sold themselves, and the run of form individually had little to do with Pardew. Cabaye hit a hot streak with his eyes on the world cup and that probably added a few million to the final price. How is that going to happen with the likes of Santon, Sissoko, HBA and Tiote? These are players that need a manager who can mould a team, not jumble random players until he gets a nice result.

usually when a manager moulds a team he has a say in the transfers in and there's a philosophy behind the purchases. He doesn't have that say and the only philosophy is "value" not even the needs of the squad just who's cheap  nothing will change in this respect until Ashley goes and its a chaotic way to run a club. We will continue to have ups when we hit the jackpot on a good player and major dips like this when we sell our most important player the one which the entire team and tactics were built around and don't bother to replace him.

I can confidently hand on heart state I would much rather be in the championship, with hungry championship players, fighting for premier league with a manager with a decent positive attitude and looking to win things. Sick of he whole situation of nothingness; balance sheets and treading water. If this is the Premier League in 2014 then fuck it. Leicester are up the road from where I grew up and I've had far more enjoyment following them attack the top of the championship and it kills me to say that. Thanks Mike you shitsucking fucking scum.

Well if he does - GO AND FUCK YOURSELVES YOU USELESS SPINELESS BUNCH OF CUNTS

I would say that he may get rid due to today putting more pressure on him after the transfer fiasco but I honestly don't think he gives a flying f*** about what we think. Any other Premiership club would of sacked Pardew after the derby and Liverpool games last year, the fact he didn't tells a big story.

Probably gets a buzz out of us being shit in the games that actually matter to us (cups and derby) so long as we're not flirting with relegation.

Freddy Shepherd was in varying degrees an idiot, an oaf, a twat and a blaggard.

But he cared what fans thought about him, even if it was only for his only vanity. And if the fans were pissed off about a manager enough, it would influence if he sacked him. If the fans were pissed off about results enough, it would make him try and sign someone to fix it, even if it might have been the wrong player.

Under Ashley the fans don't have any power what so ever, because he gives absolutely zero fucks.

Wouldn't be hard to pick them out like.

Freddy Shepherd was in varying degrees an idiot, an oaf, a t*** and a blaggard.

But he cared what fans thought about him, even if it was only for his only vanity. And if the fans were p*ssed off about a manager enough, it would influence of he sacked him. If the fans were p*ssed off about results enough, it would make him try and sign someone to fix it, even if it might have been the wrong player.

Under Ashley the fans don't have any power what so ever, because he gives absolutely zero f***s.

Course not.  He's not one of us, he's not a fan.  Today was just another game in his eyes.  As long as we're a Premier League side, it's job done.

Getting dicked at home off your nearest rivals means nowt if you've already achieved your abysmally low objective.

But he cared what fans thought about him, even if it was only for his only vanity. And if the fans were pissed off about a manager enough, it would influence if he sacked him. If the fans were pissed off about results enough, it would make him try and sign someone to fix it, even if it might have been the wrong player.

Under Ashley the fans don't have any power what so ever, because he gives absolutely zero fucks.

Good point. I thought Shepherd was a complete fuckwit (and still do) but at least he took responsibility.

But he cared what fans thought about him, even if it was only for his only vanity. And if the fans were pissed off about a manager enough, it would influence of he sacked him. If the fans were pissed off about results enough, it would make him try and sign someone to fix it, even if it might have been the wrong player.

whats needed is a balance between the 2 extremes. Someone with an actual plan to improve us as a football club and not just the clubs ability to turn a profit, but also someone who has the courage to stick with his plan when things aren't going well.

Wouldn't be hard to pick them out like.

Unless they were.... Incognito :coat:

But he cared what fans thought about him, even if it was only for his only vanity. And if the fans were pissed off about a manager enough, it would influence of he sacked him. If the fans were pissed off about results enough, it would make him try and sign someone to fix it, even if it might have been the wrong player.

whats needed is a balance between the 2 extremes. Someone with an actual plan to improve us as a football club and not just the clubs ability to turn a profit, but also someone who has the courage to stick with his plan when things aren't going well.

Aye. It's been pretty much a full pendulum swing. Free Love to Third Reich in the writing of a cheque.

I would say that he may get rid due to today putting more pressure on him after the transfer fiasco but I honestly don't think he gives a flying f*** about what we think. Any other Premiership club would of sacked Pardew after the derby and Liverpool games last year, the fact he didn't tells a big story.

Probably gets a buzz out of us being s*** in the games that actually matter to us (cups and derby) so long as we're not flirting with relegation.

Spot on he hates us and is getting ample payback whilst at the same time making good money all around due to his involvement. He will go, but I fear it  won't be for a long while and I honestly believe if some rich consortium were going to buy us, they would have by now.