Mike Ashley

Christmas Tree

It's from 2009.

Thanks for that Dave.

Since we were talking about Ashley's thinking back in around 2007, it seemed interesting to see the spin coming out from his camp around that time.

A LOT of the same tricks are being used with Rafa - such as The Schweinsteiger maneouvre, for example. Keegan even wanted a left-back and couldn't get one.

Sorry. :lol: Wasn't sure if it was being spread on Twitter recently or something.

See your point, but even after the Keegan debacle there were plenty of people still defending Ashley. Could definitely be a PR piece, maybe not.

Sorry yeah - it did look a bit random, I suppose. I was just reading about what they pulled when Keegan was in post, and

the same tunes are being played now.

The difference is that now there seems to be a slow acceptance amongst media and fans that Ashley is a t***.

Personally I'd love to see some 'Boycott Sports direct' flags taken into SJP this season - I'm amazed that's a tactic which hasn't been used so far.

Sorry yeah - it did look a bit random, I suppose. I was just reading about what they pulled when Keegan was in post, and

The difference is that now there seems to be a slow acceptance amongst media and fans that Ashley is a t***.

Personally I'd love to see some 'Boycott Sports direct' flags taken into SJP this season - I'm amazed that's a tactic which hasn't been used so far.

When we drew 3-3 at home to Man Utd under McClaren, there was a large banner going across the middle of the Gallowgate in the first half that read "Sports Direct Shame" on. It was quickly took down by stewards and the people carrying it ejected from the stadium I think.

EDIT: Scroll down a tad on this and you'll see it. http://www.nufc.com/html/2015-16html/2016-01-12man-united-h.html

When we drew 3-3 at home to Man Utd under McClaren, there was a large banner going across the middle of the Gallowgate in the first half that read "Sports Direct Shame" on. It was quickly took down by stewards and the people carrying it ejected from the stadium I think.

EDIT: Scroll down a tad on this and you'll see it. http://www.nufc.com/html/2015-16html/2016-01-12man-united-h.html

http://barnsleycsc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/SportsDirectShame.jpg

For it to be successful you'd have to do it on a gallowgate flags scale and see how many people get chucked out then. Would cause quite the fuss.

This. Don't really think theres much chance of it happening on a large enough scale while Rafas still here unfortunately but if he goes it has to happen.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11678/11028527/rafa-benitez-will-take-helicopter-to-swansea-for-newcastle-united-game

Meanwhile, owner Mike Ashley will donate £20m to the players if they win the FA Cup this season.

The Shields Gazette, recently reported that Newcastle's players had not yet reached an agreement over bonuses for the coming season.

The players have been in dispute with the club since the summer over bonus payments.

It is understood the squad were unhappy with this situation and had requested a meeting with managing director Lee Charnley, as well as Ashley, in a bid to attempt to resolve this issue.

As for the FA Cup, Newcastle last won the trophy in 1955 and in recent seasons the club have tended to field weaker teams in the competition.