Newcastle 3 - 1 Blackburn Rovers - 24/09/11 - post-match reaction from page 27

Disco

Very conservative marks Nixon, I'm not sure we'll see too many individuals play much better than that throughout the season.

Yeah I think as good as we were, they were really s***.

:thup:

I'd be dishing out a 9 or two though, personally.

That any better?

Guest neesy111

Good football and a Good Result.  Everyone did their job apart well apart from Simpson.  Can't complain at all.

Blackburn are a dreadful team apart from Hoilett who should be looking to move to a much better team.

I checked out a Blackburn forum and apparently only one or two of our players would get in their team.  Can't fault their optimism.

Only Samba and Hoilett would get in ours. N'Zonzi for the bench.

Indeed. I'd take Samba and Hoilett in a heart beat. The rest:

:scared:

That Garth Crooks is fucking joke, everything that comes out of his mouth about us, is allways negative. The presenter on Football Focus asked him if Pardew deserves credit for our start and he said "no ,if their in the top 7 buy christmas i might give them a bit of credit".

Guest neesy111

That Garth Crooks is fucking joke, everything that comes out of his mouth about us, is allways negative. The presenter on Football Focus asked him if Pardew deserves credit for our start and he said "no ,if their in the top 7 buy christmas i might give them a bit of credit".

He hates Newcastle as he thinks all NUFC supporters are racist due to an incident in 2000 with Hasselbaink when he was at Leeds.  Fucking clown.

You could have ended the post right there and everyone would be on board with you, tbh.

It's quite sad, but I genuinely believe he has a mental illness of some kind. If you watch him when he gets worked up sometimes, often over very trivial things - there's something not quite right with him. :(

Always amazes me how differently people see the performances. I thought Obertan's short passing was very strong today along with his ball-carrying, he was let down moreso by his crossing/shooting when the opportunities arose. Some of his decision-making was frustrating at times, of course, but I think that's something we're going to have to overlook if he keeps on improving the way he has been.

Always amazes me how differently people see the performances. I thought Obertan's short passing was very strong today along with his ball-carrying, he was let down moreso by his crossing/shooting when the opportunities arose. Some of his decision-making was frustrating at times, of course, but I think that's something we're going to have to overlook if he keeps on improving the way he has been.

It's another Marmite/Jonas situation. Nice to see us possess players that can take a man out of the game just by waltzing past them with pace and quick feet for once. Its something that is hard to come by.

Guest Dontooner

Ok....getting excited now.... Just couple of players away from a very good team... :cheesy:

:frantic:

Krul -6 Had nothing to do therefore not rating him

Taylor -6 Seriously getting better at left back...poor pass that lead to their goal though

Collo - 8 Very Important player for us as he passes the ball calmly

STaylor- 8 Good solid game , needs to improve distribution.

Simpson - 6.8 Overlapped and attacked well a couple of times but let in some crosses.

Jonas - 7.5 Attacked well and defended extremely well....Looked good when they went to 10 man with Ben Arfa on

Tiote - 9 IMo the most important player for us now, if we decided to play a more attacking Formation....he is our Shield...

Cabaye - 8.5 Incredible player would have gave him a nine if he scored or assist a goal....

Obertan- 8.5 MOTM in the 1st half, Look very comfortable with the ball, he passed and linked up very very well..better player than i expected.

Is he running a bit faster? or is it just me?

Best- 7.5 Should have scored...got into good positions and turned well at times....needs to keep his shot down. Also needs to learn how to shoot while he is running.

Ba - 10 MOTM Since he score 3 to win us the game. Would have scored more if he stayed on....natural finisher... Best needs to learn from him

Ben Arfa 8 - Looks the part already, his presence alone opened up tons of space for the team...early times though. Skillful as hell...

Marveaux  - 7 Little time to impressed but a very key player for us when we want to dominate possession, showed his link up plays are second to none.

Pardew - 8.5 Game of two halves...Defended high and exploited the wings well in the 1st. In the second introduced the flair players to settle them slowly..... I think he time's his substitutions well..

Analysis of the Game:

We bossed the game. tactics set to attack...In the 1st half we played a mix passing game with the midfield less involved , the wingers and the strikers were the key. Since we wanted to attack we held a high line with the strikers and wingers being pushed up but there was a gap between midfield and attack in order to protect the back four. Defended pretty well but gave the ball away needlessly at times.

2nd half ,Blackburn tried to come back into the game ...but we defended well and counterattack them pretty efficiently to my surprise. The midfield also got more involved, especially cabaye. When the substitutions came on ...the flair players started to showcase  what they could do. Very pretty on the eye, with little end product...Needed to be more ruthless since Blackburn were down to 10 man... Overplaying with out scoring is not a great strategy either.

Notes of the game:

-Jonas and Marveaux both give something to the team that is critical ... in terms of defense and attack.

-Best and Ba are striking up a good partnership .....could potentially be a very potent one.

-Obertan is growing into the side...exceeded all expectation today.Just as good a outlet as bringing the ball into the opposition's half like Jonas.

- HBA looking really good opening spaces for the team

- Cant wait for Santon to start

-

Just me that thought Best did well, apart from the finishing? Got an assist too!

Nah, he's been getting plenty of praise for his general performance. If he'd tucked one of the chances away people would be rightly raving about him again.

Good to see that the two players people pinpointed as our two best strikers are actually playing like our two best strikers.

Next time i travel, i will call Givet for some backpacking advice. Seriously, Did they find him on an island or something?

:lol: I was thinking that like. He didn't play well because he's fresh back from a bit swashbuckling.

If there's one player I wish was successful, it would be Givet. Fantastic facial hair.