Wolves 1 - 2 Newcastle United - 01/10/11 - post-match reaction from page 46

Disco

The only subs we've really been bringing on the last few games are Marveaux, Sammy and Ben Arfa, not sure why he's changed tack this game.

Because those 3 offer absolutely bot all on the defensive side of things.

Santon, Ben Arfa and Marveaux must start against Tottenham.

Question is should Santon be replacing Raylor or Simpson? On current form I'm tempted to say Simpson, dear lord that was horrible.

Of course none of that will happen with Pardew's love in with our shit players.

Krul - 10 (won us the game almost single handedly at times)

Simpson - 4

Raylor - 5

Coloccini - 7

Saylor - 7

Obertan - 6

Tiote - 7

Cabaye - 6

Jonas - 7.5

Ba - 7

Best - 6

Lovenkrands - 4

Guthrie - N/A

Pardew - 2

Probably influenced by that shocking second half though. Never been so angry despite winning.

Simpson - 4

Raylor - 5

Coloccini - 7

Saylor - 7

Obertan - 6

Tiote - 7

Cabaye - 6

Jonas - 7.5

Ba - 7

Best - 6

Lovenkrands - 4

Guthrie - N/A

Pardew - 2

Probably influenced by that shocking second half though. Never been so angry despite winning.

Fair scores. Would be tempted to give Colo and Saylor an extra 1 for some of the last ditch tackles they put in mind

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Interesting to hear what Pards thinks of the game, if he comes on and doesn't acknowledge that they over ran us in the 2nd half he deserves a clip.

Santon, Ben Arfa and Marveaux must start against Tottenham.

Question is should Santon be replacing Raylor or Simpson? On current form I'm tempted to say Simpson, dear lord that was horrible.

Of course none of that will happen with Pardew's love in with our s*** players.

Yeah, I'd actually say Simpson. And now we've seen that Obertan has to be dropped. I will be extremely surprised if Santon, Marveaux and Ben Arfa doesn't start next game.

Interesting to hear what Pards thinks of the game, if he comes on and doesn't acknowledge that they over ran us in the 2nd half he deserves a clip.

"We wasn't as good in the 2nd half than we was in the first half...."

You can't assume Ben Arfa and Marveaux would have walked on and waltzed through the Wolves defence. Maybe Pardew didn't think they were physical enough? I'm sure he'll be honest enough to say we had a poor second half. We were lucky mind. We couldn't hold on to the ball at all in most of the second half. Some wasteful shots by Ba when he was well placed too. Over the moon with the 3 points. It's nice for us not to have the s*** luck for once. Did we get awarded many free kicks? I seem to recall Wolves getting loads but we got none.

Only saw the second half, really sad about missing the first half. The heart was beating a bit to fast there quite a few times there in the second half. Tim Krul those saves he made were brilliant. Very happy we won again.

Simpson - 4

Raylor - 5

Coloccini - 7

Saylor - 7

Obertan - 6

Tiote - 7

Cabaye - 6

Jonas - 7.5

Ba - 7

Best - 6

Lovenkrands - 4

Guthrie - N/A

Pardew - 2

Fair scores. Would be tempted to give Colo and Saylor an extra 1 for some of the last ditch tackles they put in mind

Colo did put us in a lot of trouble at one point, so nah. Best probably deserves another point for sheer effort.

Yeah he did

Very strange sub regarding that as well.

Marv and Bafra would have seen us hold onto the ball better.

Tiote has to hoof it sometimes.

Obertan was pure shit today.

All that said another 3 points!!  :whistle:

The only subs we've really been bringing on the last few games are Marveaux, Sammy and Ben Arfa, not sure why he's changed tack this game.

Because it doesn't make sense if we asked HBA to tackle.  I understand Pardew's approach and to be defensive it's correct to bring in Lovenkrands and Guthrie.

My question is just WHY WE HAVE TO BE THAT DEFENSIVE FFS.

Guest palnese

Pardew - 2

2? :lol: We won away to Wolves ffs.