Newcastle Utd vs Tottenham Hotspur - 16/10/11 @ 4pm - live on SKY

Anderson

Walker may miss the game too - his other half's expecting.

Being said that he pulled out of the under 21's but will play on Sunday.  Not such a good idea imo, his mind will be elsewhere and Charlie is a better defender anyway.

Quite fancied Walker vs Ryan Taylor tbh. I think you're right, would be a nice gesture if they told him to just worry about his family for this week.

Big test for Pards if Ba is indeed injured. To play Lovenkrands or Shola in this would render either completely redundant and would be akin to playing with ten men. Either play Ben Arfa behind the Best or even play Abeid and move Cabaye into a more advanced midfield role.

Yep. It would change my view on him if he actually chooses to play Løvenkrands or Shola from start. Same goes for Raylor ahead of Santon. I like Pardew, but this is seriously pissing me off, and it's extremely unnecessary.

Ben Arfa would have to be in contention if Ba is out. Slightly more defensive approach but it would drag defenders/midfielders around. Change the line up last minute so they cannot plan how to handle him...

Big test for Pards if Ba is indeed injured. To play Lovenkrands or Shola in this would render either completely redundant and would be akin to playing with ten men. Either play Ben Arfa behind the Best or even play Abeid and move Cabaye into a more advanced midfield role.

Yep. It would change my view on him if he actually chooses to play Løvenkrands or Shola from start. Same goes for Raylor ahead of Santon. I like Pardew, but this is seriously pissing me off, and it's extremely unnecessary.

What's seriously pissing you off? Really it's only the Wolves game that Santon and Ben Arfa could have started. Against that lot, who have a habit of just kicking the talent out of sides, it was entirely right to start neither of them, considering neither were 100%. Pardew's subs were poor on the day but his starting line up was spot on. It's only this game on Sunday where there's a good argument to start Ben Arfa. Santon has a case, but I dont think it's a case of getting the pitch forks out if Ryan Taylor starts again and holding Santon back for the Wigan & Blackburn cup game.

What's seriously pissing you off? Really it's only the Wolves game that Santon and Ben Arfa could have started. Against that lot, who have a habit of just kicking the talent out of sides, it was entirely right to start neither of them, considering neither were 100%. Pardew's subs were poor on the day but his starting line up was spot on. It's only this game on Sunday where there's a good argument to start Ben Arfa. Santon has a case, but I dont think it's a case of getting the pitch forks out if Ryan Taylor starts again and holding Santon back for the Wigan & Blackburn cup game.

Well I disagree. I say start your best team before s*** comes around and f***s you up. And we all know very well that Pardew adores Shola and Løvenkrands, with reasons no one knows.

Shola and Lovenkrands played a lot last year because in the second half of the season there was nobody else. This season, it's clear that neither are first choice but are part of the first team squad.

"Adores". Don't be daft man, neither will play if everybody's fit.

Got to be Ben Arfa starting if Ba is out, good few weeks training now and a couple of brief appearances. Best type of game for him as Spurs will come and play football and not try and kick seven bells out of us.

The stuff Pardew said about Lovenkrands a few weeks back (how Loven was meant to come on instead of Ben Arfa) was probably just man management. Don't think Pardew actually "adores" him like.

In any case, both Lovenkrands and Shola shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

The stuff Pardew said about Lovenkrands a few weeks back (how Loven was meant to come on instead of Ben Arfa) was probably just man management. Don't think Pardew actually "adores" him like.

In any case, both Lovenkrands and Shola shouldn't be anywhere near the first team.

Agreed. It was simply a case of Pardew remembering to give a little bit of praise to those not involved. Lovenkrands had scored twice at Forest and probably thought and hoped he was worth the last fifteen mins v Blackburn. Ben Arfa got on instead, quite rightly and it was just Pardew acknowledging him.

Agreed. It was simply a case of Pardew remembering to give a little bit of praise to those not involved. Lovenkrands had scored twice at Forest and probably thought and hoped he was worth the last fifteen mins v Blackburn. Ben Arfa got on instead, quite rightly and it was just Pardew acknowledging him.

Exactly.

Adebayor fit for this?

Doubtful according to .COM:

THFC: to follow. Emmanuel Adebayor is doubtful with a hamstring problem, but Aaron Lennon should be available after recovering from a groin strain. Tom Huddlestone (ankle) is missing, while both William Gallas (calf) and Michael Dawson (Achilles) are rated very doubtful.

There's no return to Tyneside for Jermaine Jenas, who is on loan at Aston Villa. David Bentley meanwhile has been farmed out to Championship side West Ham.

Scott Parker is expected to feature at SJP though, having been on the end of a 0-5 howking when his West Ham side came here back in January.

Would be a massive boost if he misses this.

Adebayor fit for this?

Doubtful according to .COM:

THFC: to follow. Emmanuel Adebayor is doubtful with a hamstring problem, but Aaron Lennon should be available after recovering from a groin strain. Tom Huddlestone (ankle) is missing, while both William Gallas (calf) and Michael Dawson (Achilles) are rated very doubtful.

There's no return to Tyneside for Jermaine Jenas, who is on loan at Aston Villa. David Bentley meanwhile has been farmed out to Championship side West Ham.

Scott Parker is expected to feature at SJP though, having been on the end of a 0-5 howking when his West Ham side came here back in January.

Would be a massive boost if he misses this.

I think Adebayor will be fit.

Looking forward to this one already - hate international breaks.

Hopefully Demba and Yohan are fit, although if only one makes it my preference would be Yohan. That's not to put Demba down, it's simply the Ben Arfa factor - I certainly consider him a much more adequate replacement than Guthrie.

Would love to see Santon start this one, but to be honest really cannot see this happening. I know there are good arguments for not changing an unbeaten side, however, I am a believer that you have to put the strongest side available out and the strongest back four we have definitely contains Santon and one of Raylor/Simpson, although which one is certainly debatable.

Also - just bought an adult ticket in the gallowgate for £27 quid. I noticed this at the weekend and thought it was an error, but returned today the transaction went through!

Already got tickets, but had a quick scan the other day and it looks like we're going to get a good crowd for this.  Not sure how many Spurs are bringing up, but if we get anywhere near 48k it would be brilliant, especially when you consider the price and the fact it's 4pm on a Sunday and on TV!