Anderson

To compensate lack of Cabaye (if he is out) I'd cram midfield, so go with

Krul

Raylor    Saylor    Colo  Santon

Abeid    Tiote

Gosling

HBA/Guti                    Marveaux

Ba

Know HBA is sort of wanted in gosling position but my thinking is that HBA is likely to play further up pitch off striker and i'd want third man in midfield to do plenty of defensive work, Gosling and Abeid are inexperienced but both there with Tiote backing up should stop them being overwhelmed. Guti is switched to the right if he's playing to counteract Bale and marveaux getting in behind lennon or VdV could give us some love. Dunno if to prefer guthrie to either gosling or abeid really

To compensate lack of Cabaye (if he is out) I'd cram midfield, so go with

Krul

Raylor    Saylor    Colo  Santon

Abeid    Tiote

Gosling

HBA/Guti                    Marveaux

Ba

Know HBA is sort of wanted in gosling position but my thinking is that HBA is likely to play further up pitch off striker and i'd want third man in midfield to do plenty of defensive work, Gosling and Abeid are inexperienced but both there with Tiote backing up should stop them being overwhelmed. Guti is switched to the right if he's playing to counteract Bale and marveaux getting in behind lennon or VdV could give us some love. Dunno if to prefer guthrie to either gosling or abeid really

Why would you take Ben Arfa or Jonas for Gosling?!?!

Surely:

Abeid    Tiote

Ben Arfa

Jonas                      Marveaux

Ba

Would be a much more sensible solution?

As I said in the post, I think HBA is likely to run forward and attack and not contribute to keeping possession and defensively, with HBA then it's a like for like replacement of Cabaye with Abeid/Gosling who probably isn't quite ready. More people sitting in the midfield would help them with confidence, and HBA can play on wing and probably have a fairly free role anyway.

With Cabaye and Tiote behind him HBA can attack and play in the hole with more confidence.

Guest Yankee Spur

Really looking forward to this match. Both teams are in very good form at the moment. Should be a very competitive event. What's the confidence level of everyone around here?

Walking on air and can't remember the last time we lost / have the usual nagging feeling it'll all fall to pieces and know we're definitely due a loss.

Well they're my feelings anyway.  Losing the game wouldn't be the end of the world of course, I fancy a draw.

If, by horrible chance, Cabaye is injured we could maybe go with a diamond?

Best.............Ba

Ben Arfa

Marveaux.........................Jonas

Tiote

You never know, we might be able to make it work.

No chance that Marveaux and HBA will both start.

I think he'll go with either the same line-up like against Wolves or probably with 1 striker.

Pardew already hinted at that as he said he might have to take away the style from the team to get a result against the bigger sides.

If Cabaye is injured:

Krul

Simpson Taylor Coloccini Taylor

Santon Tiote Jonas

Obertan Ba Ben Arfa

If Cabaye fit:

Krul

Santon Cabaye Tiote Jonas

Best Ba

If Cabaye is injured:

Krul

Santon Tiote Jonas

Obertan Ba Ben Arfa

If Cabaye fit:

Krul

Santon Cabaye Tiote Jonas

Best Ba

Santon LB and Raylor RM maybe?

Would much rather see Marveaux on the wings though tbh.