Newcastle 3

Wigan 7

Corners

Newcastle 7

Wigan 3

Fouls

Newcastle 7

Wigan 22

Watched the game, and I think you're giving HBA way too much stick. He's rusty, but did a lot of good work dragging defenders and undermining Wigan's composure at the back. Needs to find his rythm but he was an asset for you today.

:thup: I thought as much too, we looked a lot more positive with him on the pitch and he put Wigan under pressure at some key moments.

Watched the game, and I think you're giving HBA way too much stick. He's rusty, but did a lot of good work dragging defenders and undermining Wigan's composure at the back. Needs to find his rythm but he was an asset for you today.

Agree with this.  His decision-making and timing were still off but he got into good positions, attracted 2 or 3 defenders at a time and gave outlets to our other attackers.  And crucially looks to have lost none of his pace.

Exactly what I said to myself watching the game, 'ring rusty', still made the right moves and lightning quick passes at times.

And there's no way HBA gets 2 marks higher than Shola, like.

Indeed. Shola played well. HBA did not.

Well? He did nothing noticeable, back to his shitness.

But HBA played well? Obviously didn't see the game.

I saw the game, and going by "6 is an average performance". Ben Arfa contributed nicely as the 2nd half went on. Lost possession a couple of times, but was essential in the attacking force late on, if there ever were any.

Fouls

Newcastle 7

Wigan 22

And like someone else said, already fighting for their lives - not surprised we didn't have an easy day and didn't look like Barca jr out there.  We weren't fantastic but definitely weren't poor and did enough. 

And there's no way HBA gets 2 marks higher than Shola, like.

Indeed. Shola played well. HBA did not.

Well? He did nothing noticeable, back to his shitness.

Disagree. The times we knocked the ball long when we struggled to play it out he was like a magnificent fucking magnet. Did well, gave us a different kind of outlet, and drew in the tackles to win some free kicks. Nothing amazing, but doesn't deserve one iota of the 'back to his shitness' bollocks criticism.

Exactly what I said to myself watching the game, 'ring rusty', still made the right moves and lightning quick passes at times.

Aye, I particularly liked how easily made himself available to the player holding the ball. Marveaux too. All of a sudden you had passing lanes opening up and your play noticed it.

Guest benarfaNUFC

Krul  9

Simpson  5

Taylor  6

Coloccini  8

Taylor  6

Obertan  3

Tiote  7

Cabaye  6

Jonas  7

Best  6

Ba  6

HBA  6

Shola  5

Marveaux  7

Aye, I particularly liked how easily made himself available to the player holding the ball. Marveaux too. It's all about passing lanes and when you have all the frenchies click you should be in for a treat.

I have my doubts as to whether Obertan will ever click. He doesn't have a footballing brain.

Aye, I particularly liked how easily made himself available to the player holding the ball. Marveaux too. It's all about passing lanes and when you have all the frenchies click you should be in for a treat.

I have my doubts as to whether Obertan will ever click. He doesn't have a footballing brain.

That's just it really. When he receives the ball, it's painfully obvious that he hasn't got the faintest idea what to do with it. Marveaux reads the game far better and is far superior technically. The difference in quality was laughable tbh.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

:thup:

I have my doubts whether Obertan will ever click. He doesn't have a footballing brain.

For some reason my brain blocked off Obertan when I thought about your French contingent :lol:

Cabaye/Marveaux/Ben Arfa/Ba are a nice fit for each other, I think.

Krul  9

Simpson  5

Taylor  6

Coloccini  8

Taylor  6

Obertan  3

Tiote  7

Cabaye  6

Jonas  7

Best  6

Ba  6

HBA  6

Shola  5

Marveaux  7

9. :lol:

Can't believe Barfa only got a 6 tbh.

He blatantly didn't see the game. Just read a couple of match reports then deliberately gave Ben Arfa a low score to show that he isn't biaised.

Marveaux for Obertan and Santon for Simpson in the next game is a must.

We'll need them in those big 3 games and they need games under their belts beforehand.

Swap out an entire wing or split the damage up?

Guest benarfaNUFC

Krul  9

Simpson  5

Taylor  6

Coloccini  8

Taylor  6

Obertan  3

Tiote  7

Cabaye  6

Jonas  7

Best  6

Ba  6

HBA  6

Shola  5

Marveaux  7

9. :lol:

Can't believe Barfa only got a 6 tbh.

He blatantly didn't see the game. Just read a couple of match reports then deliberately gave Ben Arfa a low score to show that he isn't biaised.

Not backheel 7 ben arfa

Didn't think that any of the substitutions did anything remarkable. 

Marveaux and Ben Arfa obviously need minutes. Aside from the lead up to Cabaye's goal we really didn't play with any fluency at all once they came on. Hopefully, we'll see a near full strength team against Blackburn (w/ Marveaux and Ben Arfa) so they can work on that.  Like most, I think, I'd like to see what we'd look like after Marveaux and Ben Arfa have been worked into the starting 11. Now is the time, before that hellish November.

Also, I thought Best was decent enough in the first half. Ba was anonymous.

When Wigan go down al habsi is going to have his pick of top clubs. Heard he had another good game today. Not that we need him, but if we did need a keeper he'd be my no1 choice right now (for our price range)

When Wigan go down al habsi is going to have his pick of top clubs. Heard he had another good game today. Not that we need him, but if we did need a keeper he'd be my no1 choice right now (for our price range)

Made a few good saves but the one in the first half from Best (?) was outstanding. Can see him being a wanted man if Wigan go down.

You can't play well every week but we got there eventually. We rode out luck a little but had our chances,they simply didn't commit men forward do didn't capitalise on a few crosses into the box. We've struggled against teams that pack the midfield all season and Pardew needs to counter it next time it happens.

Ben Arfa once again gave us something different and we were a better team in the second half. Marveaux looks a very tidy player.

They don't half fucking whinge in the east stand mind,this actually happened....... 'what's all this tippy tally nonsense? All we've done today is tried to keep the ball, you don't win any games doing that!'

Unbelievable.