Blackburn 4 - 3 Newcastle - 26/10/11 (CC - after ET) - post match from page 69

Rich

Three other all Premier League ties tonight, all being overseen by Premier League refs. Fucking farcical we get landed with the dud.

Even Birmingham vs Leeds in the Championship got one. :lol:

Well we were obviously going to lose at some point. Would have liked to get through to the next round but I'll not lose too much sleep about it. For whatever reason we seem destined to always fuck up in the cups.

To be frank, by the accounts of the people at the game we've been rubbish; as poor as we've played all season apparently. The penalty decision is going to take some focus off this.

I wouldn't bother too much about it normally as well but, the fact that we're having a line-up out there that is close to being our stronges suggests we should win this.

With Hughton in charge we would have gone there, played the kids (and Smith, Butt and Geremi), would have lost, gone home. End of the story. Today, it's a completely different thing imo.

Well we were obviously going to lose at some point. Would have liked to get through to the next round but I'll not lose too much sleep about it. For whatever reason we seem destined to always fuck up in the cups.

To be frank, by the accounts of the people at the game we've been rubbish; as poor as we've played all season apparently. The penalty decision is going to take some focus off this.

Pretty much my thoughts. We've rode our luck of late and been teetering on the edge of a bad result. If push came to shove, I would have chosen our shit performance to be tonight. I dont like being too negative when it comes to our chances but the last 8 contains, Man U, Man C, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. Not a cat in hells chance if winning it with such a strong pool of sides left.

Onwards and upwards.

Wonder what that John Anderson's like when he's at home. Turns on the TV "Poor selection of programmes tonight like" Goes and looks in the fridge "There's nothing hereee..what am I meant to dooo" goes for a shit "The toilet roll is far too thick". Cunt.

Guest palnese

We've sounded very weak through the middle, really not got a hold of it at all. Bit worrying for Monday.

Not really. Stoke don't use their midfield.

Wonder what that John Anderson's like when he's at home. Turns on the TV "Poor selection of programmes tonight like" Goes and looks in the fridge "There's nothing hereee..what am I meant to dooo" goes for a shit "The toilet roll is far too thick". Cunt.

At the dinner table to his wife:

"argh... yee godda pass de salt dere"

Well we were obviously going to lose at some point. Would have liked to get through to the next round but I'll not lose too much sleep about it. For whatever reason we seem destined to always f*** up in the cups.

I don't like to lose, but I'd rather it be today than monday.  I honestly wanted us to do well in the cup. Fucking pelanty's.

I'm gutted but these things do happen. Teams that will inevitably end up above us this season have had dodgy results as well, we're not exempt.

As someone above said, hopefully a wakeup call.

Yeah the run was always going to end, it's just a shame it's in the cup as a good run would have been nice.