Blackburn 4 - 3 Newcastle - 26/10/11 (CC - after ET) - post match from page 69

Rich

Guest bimpy474

We've sounded very weak through the middle, really not got a hold of it at all. Bit worrying for Monday.

Not really. Stoke don't use their midfield.

Underestimate them at your peril.

They were pretty poor tonight.

So have we, means nothing for monday.

We're missing 3 players from the spine of the team. Always going to be difficult.

:lol: Is one of those Best?

Erm, yes. Not sure why it's funny.

:lol: Taylor and Tiote I obviously understand, huge loss, especially considering their replacements... but Best for Ben Arfa? Howay, it's not an argument you can make at the start of the game is it?

Well we were obviously going to lose at some point. Would have liked to get through to the next round but I'll not lose too much sleep about it. For whatever reason we seem destined to always fuck up in the cups.

To be frank, by the accounts of the people at the game we've been rubbish; as poor as we've played all season apparently. The penalty decision is going to take some focus off this.

I wouldn't bother too much about it normally as well but, the fact that we're having a line-up out there that is close to being our stronges suggests we should win this.

We should be careful not to believe our own hype tbh. We're away at another Premier League side.

Yeah, at a PL side that is last in the table. I'd be very disappointed at the moment if we wouldn't beat them in the league.

Probably you're right, though.

We're missing 3 players from the spine of the team. Always going to be difficult.

:lol: Is one of those Best?

Erm, yes. Not sure why it's funny.

:lol: Taylor and Tiote I obviously understand, huge loss, especially considering their replacements... but Best for Ben Arfa? Howay, it's not an argument you can make at the start of the game is it?

Best has been vital to every good result we've had this season. See absolutely nothing wrong with what Ronaldo's said.