Stoke City vs Newcastle United pre-match thread (31/10/11 @ 8pm) - Live on Sky

Fenham Mag

There is literally nothing to like about Stoke. Hope we absolutely do them.

Really nervous for this one, we could go third three points clear of Chelski & Spuds but I just cannot see us getting anything from this game. Uts always the way when we have a chance of making good progress we fk it up.

I dont think getting beat at their place would be classed as 'fucking it up'. There is no shame is getting beat there, its a tough place to go.

Strange one this, we've got a massive incentive to collect three points but also nobody could blame us for getting beat. I'm not confident, but at the same time I think the fear of Stoke is worse than Stoke itself. Overall I'd be happy with a draw but three points would be incredible.

There is literally nothing to like about Stoke. Hope we absolutely do them.

Really nervous for this one, we could go third three points clear of Chelski & Spuds but I just cannot see us getting anything from this game. Uts always the way when we have a chance of making good progress we fk it up.

I dont think getting beat at their place would be classed as 'fucking it up'. There is no shame is getting beat there, its a tough place to go.

It's a tricky match. A point would be a good result, tbh.

Guest bimpy474

Anyone think Pulis might dress up for this, today being Halloween and all? Reckon he might come as a child molestor.

Wtf  :o

Guest bimpy474

Anyone think Pulis might dress up for this, today being Halloween and all? Reckon he might come as a child molestor.

Wtf  :o

Could see him on Crimewatch or a Panorama investigation tbh.

:eek:

Pulis surrounds himself with big gadgies to distract from that he actually likes little boys.

:lol: Where's them forum police when you need 'em?

Can only see defeat tonight, setting the mood for a very difficult November and a drop to mid-table.

If things go as badly as they can go in November we could possibly drop as low as 9th.  But I seriously doubt it, Evertons a very winnable game before we play the two mancs.

Guest johnson293

Pulis in today's Sun, complaining about this match being played tonight, when they have to travel for a Europa cup match on Thursday night this week, too.

Wonder if that may have a bearing on his team selection?

I'd disagree with that. Stoke aren't a game that dictate play, hence their crappy possession stats. They're a very direct, very physical side who rely on their wide men, set pieces and throw-ins to create as much pressure around the opposition eighteen yard box as possible.

While Tiote will always be a big absence I wouldn't say this is the one game I wouldn't want him to miss. If anything the fitness of Taylor was more key than anything else.

Even though Pulis will set them up to bully us, I'm confident more than in previous years that the spirit in our side will make it difficult for that to happen. The lads will bust a gut and I'm hoping our better passing game can get something out of the game, particularly on the counter attack.