This "not been tested"...

AlanSkÃrare

I hope after some decent performances (and probably one or two good results) against the two Manchester sides that will finally end. I fully expect us to do 'well' at their places and not to get beaten by many goals. It will be close.

Cant see us beating city.  Unless david silva is injured.

manu are vulnerable, pardew may find their weak points.  We can match chelsea as well. 

imo 33% chance of beating manu, and 44% chance beating chelski.  about 8% chance vs city

a draw in those games is good result.  No doubt tho we will be subject to dodgy ref decisions that cost us points:(

City will beat us comfortably, not that we'll necessarily play badly.

If Tiote's fit for Man U we've got an outside chance of a draw, their defence can be got at and we have the players to do it.

We've got every chance of beating chelsea at home imo, they're giving away so many chances.

Don't agree with that 'City will beat us comfortably' stuff. Yes, I also think the chance of getting a result there is next to zero but, we'll have to wait and see first. I guess Pardew will have a game plan for that and if there's no red card or big decision that the referee got wrong than there's no reason why we can't hope for some surprise.

One game at a time. Everton is next. Yes it would be nice to take some points against Man City, Man Utd, and Chelsea and yes our chances are slim but lets take each and ever game as it comes. First of all we need to get something out of Everton.

One game at a time. Everton is next. Yes it would be nice to take some points against Man City, Man Utd, and Chelsea and yes our chances are slim but lets take each and ever game as it comes. First of all we need to get something out of Everton.

that lot goes without saying

I said in my "easy start" thread that there are NO easy games in this league, Wigan at home proved that and Stoke will illustrate the point when they play the top sides at home, as indeed QPR already have when they beat Chelsea and Norwich did at Liverpool.

I was in a very small "optimistic" minority pre-season, optimism founded on belief in a very professional management team, thinking that we'd bought astutely (Ba and Cabaye particularly) and particularly that our squad was better than many who'd written us off thought. Indeed peripheral players like Taylor and Guthrie and to some extent Best and Shola have shown how valuable they will be to us over the course of a long hard season and we have quality like Ben Arfa, Marveaux and Santon chomping at the bit to get some action too. Lets not forget some quality youngsters like Sammy, Vukic and Ferguson in the background too.

That said not for one moment could I have envisaged the start we've had and like most of us I know we cannot sustain it over the whole season, but last night the team took their game to a new level in terms of attitude and performance in general.

There's just a slight possibility that less than 3 teams from London may finish above us this season.

Absolutely. :thup:

If Tiote's fit for Man U we've got an outside chance of a draw, their defence can be got at and we have the players to do it.

We've got every chance of beating chelsea at home imo, they're giving away so many chances.

This attitude is really starting to grate on me. Everyone wrote us off last night yet we passed that test with flying colours. After their dominant opening to the season, Man Utd haven't looked great since then and are conceding the most amount of chances throughout the whole league. Nevermind having an outside chance of a draw, we should be going there with the belief we can win - they aren't unbeatable. Thankfully it looks as though our players have this belief in themselves, just wish this would transfer to some of our fans too.

This attitude is really starting to grate on me. Everyone wrote us off last night yet we passed that test with flying colours. After their dominant opening to the season, Man Utd haven't looked great since then and are conceding the most amount of chances throughout the whole league. Nevermind having an outside chance of a draw, we should be going there with the belief we can win - they aren't unbeatable. Thankfully it looks as though our players have this belief in themselves, just wish this would transfer to some of our fans too.

i actually do believe we can beat man u, same as i believed last night before the game that we could beat stoke, and said so, i'm posting what i think will happen not what i think we're capable of if we perform to our highest standard every week.

Cant see us beating city.  Unless david silva is injured.

manu are vulnerable, pardew may find their weak points.  We can match chelsea as well. 

imo 33% chance of beating manu, and 44% chance beating chelski.  about 8% chance vs city

a draw in those games is good result.  No doubt tho we will be subject to dodgy ref decisions that cost us points:(

:lol: bookmaker will cry if they open odds base on your probability

I hope after some decent performances (and probably one or two good results) against the two Manchester sides that will finally end. I fully expect us to do 'well' at their places and not to get beaten by many goals. It will be close.

:nods:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/hawksbee-and-jacobs/blog/2011-11-01/gallacher-i-think-sixth-would-be-fantastic-newcastle?

One of the tits doing the interview: "It is interesting that when they played Tottenham, Newcastle...Spurs were the better side werent they really. Newcastle only came back into the game in the last 15"

These people just make up their own s***  :lol:

The Metro today says that our upcoming matches will give a 'more accurate gauge' of our quality. How, exactly? So we get beaten by Man City, that finally shows us where we stand, firmly in the position of 'not as good as Man City' along with basically everyone else they've played from Man U to Wolves.

The Metro today says that our upcoming matches will give a 'more accurate gauge' of our quality. How, exactly? So we get beaten by Man City, that finally shows us where we stand, firmly in the position of 'not as good as Man City' along with basically everyone else they've played from Man U to Wolves.

Spurs got stuffed off Man Utd away and City at home. Clearly not top 6 material. Even if we get turned over in these 3 games, it's how we do after them against Norwich & Swansea which will truly gauge where we are imo.