Man City vs Newcastle United - 19/11/11 - 3pm

MW

Santon replacing Marveaux is a good shout, especially as he's played there before. They'll be aiming for Simpson and Raylor so if we have Santon and Jonas running back to help them, it'll be a massive help. Unsure what to do with Ben Arfa though, part of me thinks he'll rise to the occasion and petrify their defence. But the other part thinks we should stick with 4-4-2.

By the way, this thread will be massive by matchday :D

Man City find it so easy to score that it's difficult to imagine us getting anything out of this. Providing our heads don't go down at any stage, a defeat shouldn't matter that much.

Mind you, there have been so many times this season when I've looked at the team line-ups and thought, no, we're going to get done this time. And the game kicks off and it doesn't happen.

I think we will get something form this game, i think we will get bummed at Old Trafford though.

I know alot of people see it the other way round but that's not the way i see it. I think we can sneak a goal against city and hold on, where as Man Utd will get a penalty and one of our players sent off.

Reckon we will give Chelsea a right good game though.

I think we'll likely lose all three, maybe pick up a couple of points depending on the injured players. At home to Chelsea I think is our best chance of a win.

Lose at City.

Might get a point at OT.  Man Utd don't look solid.  They could have easily drawn matches against Norwich and Sunderland.

Draw or win against Chelsea.

krul

simpson - saylor - colo - raylor

santon - gosling - guthrie - jonas

barfa

ba

thats the best line up if we cant overcome the injury of last match.. & hope santon can do job same as jonas at right wing... defensive play tactic... if luck come hope can a nick a goal.

Guest magpie99

If we give them the chances Everton had before we took the lead (Coleman and Saha), we will get thumped.

If we keep it tight early on and try and hit them on the break, we might get something out of the game but we need to be defensively disciplined and both our wingers need to continue to help the full backs.

Krul,

Simpson, Colo, Saylor, Santon

Raylor, Tiote, Guthrie, Jonas

HBA

Ba

Subs: Elliott, Gosling, Perch, Shola, Ferguson, Sameobi, Smith

(Assuming Obertan, Cabaye, Marveaux, Best, Willamson are still unavailable)

Best just pulled out of the Ireland squad because of the birth of his son, didn't he? Should be fine for this then.

If they are all fit, I'd probably go

BACK 5

Tiote

Guthrie  Cabaye

Ba                    Jonas

Best

Don't think we'll score at all during these 3 games. Might also not concede in one. So we might get a point, preferably at home to Chelsea so some confidence is won back before the easier set of games.

Don't think we'll score at all during these 3 games. Might also not concede in one. So we might get a point, preferably at home to Chelsea so some confidence is won back before the easier set of games.

Genuine question, why don't you think we'll score? Surely Taylor will power in a Cabaye corner, or the other Taylor will hit a vicious free kick, or HBA will conjure some magic.

Positive mental attitude man!