Manchester United vs Newcastle United - Saturday 26th November @ 3pm

Guest VaVaVoom

We said that about Smith in his first season here.

We lost 6-0 and he got sent off :lol:

Cracking game that one.

Was this forum down at that point? Was looking for the match thread for a laugh.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,48656.0.html

Just did a random page click and saw this at the top.

If one of our players smashes Ronaldo's kneecap into a million pieces, I'll happily take a defeat.

:lol:

Things I remember about that game was it was 0-0 at half time, and 3-0 after 82~ minutes, at which point we took off Owen (our only forward) for Rozehnal. We ended 6-0 down with ten men, remarkable even for our standards.

You all have fantastic memories. Looking through recent results against these wankers and the only things I can remember are Edgar's trickler on New Year's and Martin's header  :aww:

The 1-2 with Lovenkrands scoring?!? Can't remember this happening. Would have been there and all.

As for this weekend, think we'll manage a respectable 2-0 defeat.

Good results against Man Utd tend to stand out as they are so rare. Three wins in the Premier League against them is all we can boast. Dreadful record.

Given, Taylor and Enrique were absolutely bloody terrible that day.

Aye, I vividly remember Enrique being a joke.

Eh, I sort of remember him keeping Ronaldo somewhat quiet that game, until he switched flanks.

Apparently he played well first half. The half I missed.  :lol:

I remember the defence being all over the place in the second.

That was the nature of our side for a large part of the mid to late 2000s. At away games to the 'big four' we tended to battle grimly until the first goal was conceded. Heads then went down and the floodgates opened.

You all have fantastic memories. Looking through recent results against these wankers and the only things I can remember are Edgar's trickler on New Year's and Martin's header  :aww:

The 1-2 with Lovenkrands scoring?!? Can't remember this happening. Would have been there and all.

Lovenkrands goal was from a Jonas shot/cross that was spilled out by VdS and tapped in. I'm sure he had been on a really lengthy run of not conceding a goal too. Ryan Taylor had an absolute mare for Man U's winner.

Lovenkrands goal was from a Jonas shot/cross that was spilled out by VdS and tapped in. I'm sure he had been on a really lengthy run of not conceding a goal too. Ryan Taylor had an absolute mare for Man U's winner.

berbatov winner on a tuesday  night or something, think rooney equalised with a decent finish

If Tiote and Obertan make it I think it'll be:

Krul

Simpson        Taylor      Colo          Raylor

Obertan        Cabaye      Tiote        Jonas

Ben Arfa      Ba

Man U have the ability to turn Raylor inside out so even though the lad has done well this will be another proper examination of him. Another costly mistake that leads to a goal and maybe Santon will get a chance. As others have said we might find that Santon allows Jonas to attack more, all ifs, buts and maybes though.

Good results against Man Utd tend to stand out as they are so rare. Three wins in the Premier League against them is all we can boast. Dreadful record.

I suppose the one people tend to forget is the 3-0 when Ferguson scored that amazing goal.  I think Keane got sent off that day but pretty sure that happened more than once at our place, fucking nutcase.

You're right though, piss poor record.

Aye, Keane was red carded in the 3-0 and 4-3 games.

Our record at Old Trafford is beyond bad. Couple of 1-1 draws, a few dour stalemates and a shedload of tonkings.

Aye, Keane was red carded in the 3-0 and 4-3 games.

Our record at Old Trafford is beyond bad. Couple of 1-1 draws, a few dour stalemates and a shedload of tonkings.

I still remember the 0-0 draw when Shearer was tripped by Tim Howard in front of the Stretford End and the ref refused to give a penalty.

Guest VaVaVoom

I think the team Exiled put out will be the one AP goes for but with Barfa in behind Ba rather than as a striker. Link between midfield and up front and a bit of magic in the final third. A goal for Barfa is coming.

With Tiote back in there with Cabaye we have a real chance of controlling CM. Feel sorry for Guthrie like...He's done well.

One big decision though is whether to keep faith with "Hero" Raylor as AP has said.

Aye he has done well at LB but thats only because he had to. Santon HAS to start at LB for me after Raylors mare at Citeh. Nani would tear him a new hole. Having Santon in there would take the defensive pressure off Jonas and let him attack which we will need. Pace from him and Obertan down the wings could be vital.

---Krul---

Simpson---S.Taylor---Coloccini---Santon

Obertan---Cabaye---Tiote---Jonas

---Ben Arfa---

---Ba--

That side has every chance of coming away will a point at least. That actually is our best 11.