Man Utd 1 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 26/11/11 - post-match reaction from page 46

Beren

We made two half chances and a good chance, for the record.

HBA chip through to Ba was a half-chance, and i would say that the penalty win was a half-chance too. Coloccini's effort after the corner was a big chance that took an outstanding save.

Pinched from TF.

Has to be said like. All true.

Sir Alex Ferguson should answer a question: when was the last time an opposing team was awarded a penalty at the Stretford End of Old Trafford? He should think about the answer (I’ve no idea when it was) and reflect his club has been the beneficiary of some startlingly generous refereeing decisions over many, many years. I’m not about to accuse Manchester United of establishing the kind of web of corruption Moggi established for Juventus in Serie A but Ferguson’s club can’t have fared better from officials than that which Juve did for many years before they were rumbled.

I am not suggesting for one moment anyone connected with Manchester United has had any role whatsoever in bribing match officials but what I will say emphatically is that despite being one of the greatest managers ever to have lived and having turned out successive teams with the competitiveness, steel and skill that cannot be denied, they have also bullied, intimidated and manipulated match officials to such a degree that when you play them, it is almost a given, your players will receive yellow cards for things they will routinely get away with Scot free.

Take for example Rooney taking three hacks at Collocini as he lay on the ground outside our box in the first half. Please do not tell me had that situation been reversed Collocini would have received a yellow or possibly a red card. Who in a B&W shirt could have pursued the referee around the pitch aggressively questioning his decisions but not being awarded the yellow card? Certainly not Cabaye, who was cautioned for a fraction of what Rooney was guilty of. That could be extended to Ferdinand and Vidic who appeared to have carte blanche to be in the referee’s lug hole constantly, aggressively questioning decisions whereas our lot appeared to be walking a tightrope if they looked at the Ref the wrong way. I have never seen a display of petulance go unpunished as Rafael was as he raged on the touch-line at the linesman. Unbelievable.

I don’t know a manager who can escape FA censure in the way Ferguson will, not only form his post-match insulting comments about the linesman but for the snarling, swearing, abusive manner in which he patrolled the touchline, his face contorted with hatred for the officials for doing their jobs. This was Sir Bobby Robson’s friend?

Some of the decisions to go Man Utd’s way were comical - Carrick blatantly pushing Ba as he allowed the ball to roll out for a goal-kick, with the Ref then giving Man U the corner amongst a host of other fouls - the assaults on Ba from Ferdinand and Vidic going unpunished throughout the game.

But we got a penalty, admittedly a generous one and instead of folding to Man U’s intimidation, the linesman correctly gave their final winning goal an offside .

But f*** Ferguson and f*** the media he leads by the nose . This was an incredible display of spirit and defiance by the best set of lads to pull on Black & White shirts in the 40 years I’ve been going to see this mad football club play football matches. I’ve seen better players but I’ve never seen a better bunch of grafters. The manager has assembled a squad of proper footballers, who will give everything for our just and righteous cause. From Krul performing heroics in goal, to Stephen Taylor throwing himself in front of everything, to Cabaye and Guthrie running their bollocks off in the middle of the park to Ba fighting and competing for every single ball for the first minute to the last. We were a picture of hard work and endeavour. I made this Obertan’s best performance, his natural athleticism and pace a constant thorn in the side for Man U down our right hand side in the first half with his decision-making in the critical areas having made a big step up. There was a bit more from Ben Arfa too. Some of his runs, passing as well as excellent work-rate hint at what is to come but truth be told it would be wrong not to hail every single player who turned out in our colours a real hero - Danny Simpson and Ryan Taylor were excellent, Guiiteraz ran his knackas off and Collocini as ever, was imperious.

We left Old Trafford (very, very slowly) proud of the lads. They gave us everything and that’s all we ask for. Fair play also to the manager and his staff, whose preparation and tactical plan was absolutely spot on.

Guest Haris Vuckic
his was an incredible display of spirit and defiance by the best set of lads to pull on Black & White shirts in the 40 years I’ve been going to see this mad football club play football matches.

Is this bloke a double agent from Ready to go?

I have but the two incidents are not entirely mutually exclusive IMO and i will enjoy this result in spite of the awful news. Although I can understand why some may deem my post inappropriate (obviously no offence is meant) as the Speed news is shocking and disturbing in far a greater measure than I can begin to fathom. Knocked me for 6 when I saw and I look forward to paying my respect next Saturday. Hopefully in applause rather than silence for the great man. Would be class if it was scarf thing too, a sea of black and white.

I have but the two incidents are not entirely mutually exclusive IMO and i will enjoy this result in spite of the awful news. Although I can understand why some may deem my post inappropriate (obviously no offence is meant) as the Speed news is shocking and disturbing in far a greater measure than I can begin to fathom. Knocked me for 6 when I saw and I look forward to paying my respect next Saturday. Hopefully in applause rather than silence for the great man. Would be class if it was scarf thing too, a sea of black and white.

thats a thought. i may well wear colours for the first time in a long,long time.

Love this one..

My arse the linesman can actually see if Carrick has touched that, I can't tell for sure. Can't call an offside with guesswork!!

Even though it was the right decision, the linesman still shouldn't have flagged. :lol:

How dare those officials deny Man Utd a victory by being fair!

Love this one..

My arse the linesman can actually see if Carrick has touched that, I can't tell for sure. Can't call an offside with guesswork!!

Even though it was the right decision, the linesman still shouldn't have flagged. :lol:

theres a fair chance he's offside from the initial ball in even before carrick gets the touch which confirms it.

Love this one..

theres a fair chance he's offside from the initial ball in even before carrick gets the touch which confirms it.

Yep, the angle isn't conclusive at all.

In recent years when soulless clubs like Chelsea and Man City came about you start to think to yourself "Maybe MUFC aren't actually that bad in comparison," but when you see their cunt of a manager whinging and trying to get someone fired for making a simple mistake, aswell as their fans going on and on about being cheated because one decision didn't go their way for once, it really makes you remember how much you fucking hate Man Utd.  Cunts.