Newcastle United vs Chelsea - Saturday December 3rd @ 12.45pm

Kaizero

I can't see Pardew bringing in Santon at left back but I still think the best option is for Santon to go left midfield to secure things up a bit. I think he'll stick with Ben Arfa behind Ba, Best is only really just comign back from his knock too so can't see him starting. Ben Arfa/Ba look to be doing alright too. Not sure what he'll go for left midfield but I think something like this:

Krul

Simpson              Colo              Saylor              Raylor

Obertan              Cabaye            Guthrie            Santon

Ben Arfa

Ba

this is what i'd like to see, gives raylor more cover with us missing jonas...think santon will fit in there no bother....but we'll see sammy there

aye, i had a look early last week and there was only a couple of blocks in the ground with seats left.

was suprised when i seen the milburn stand full

should all make for a cracking atmosphere on saturday, emotional start followed by constant noise hopefully

Appears to be a sell out crowd.

No tickets whatsoever were left when i went to check on Sunday, pretty sure and a bit gutted its a sell-out! next time will get my tickets early.

WARNING - Watch out for Steve Bruce outside SJP looking for a ticket. "Anyone got a spare ticket! I'm a real geordie me, honest"

Appears to be a sell out crowd.

No tickets whatsoever were left when i went to check on Sunday, pretty sure and a bit gutted its a sell-out! next time will get my tickets early.

Thought you lived in Bahrain bro.

I'm living in Newcastle at the moment until September next year while doing my masters at Northumbria University, would like to think me coming here is the reason were preforming so well this season :coolsmiley:

Bit gutted we'll be without Gutierrez and Cheick. Interesting to see how we line up.

Will be interesting to see who'll play on the left wing. CM will be Cabaye and Guthrie, RM will be Obertan.

Interesting game, it's difficult to say how we'll line up wuthout Jonas. Sammy could be deplyed on the left. When he's come on as a sub he's provided plenty of cover for the full back. I doubt he can provide enough attacking threat up against Ivanovic on the other hand. Ben Arfa could be an option, but he'd provide little cover for Taylor, who's been exposed in recent games. I also think Ben Arfa could give Terry and Luiz a lot of problems deployed centrally.

Mata will be Chelsea's biggest threat. Not only will he give Simpson plent of problems but he'll drift inside, the midfield will need to be aware of him floating in behind them. We also need to be aware of late runners: Ramires and Lampard run in from deep while Sturridge will cut in from the right. I really can't see us keeping a clean sheet.

If I was going to make a bet it would be Chelsea+1. For a kick off I enjoy being a pessimist, but with this being a massive game for AVB and Tiote and Jonas absent for us I could see Chelsea nicking a result here. However we're playing too well to write us off, so I wouldn't rule out the draw.

Krul

Simpson Colo Taylor  Raylor

Oba    Guthrie  Cab    HBA

Ba  Best

This for me. Need to get at them. Sammy is no where near ready for me and i'd be disappointed if he starts such a big game.

Seeing as how the media are portraying Chelsea as in a crisis, if we beat them, does that mean it doesn't count for them? Because obviously the only good teams we've played are the two Manchester ones.

Seeing as how the media are portraying Chelsea as in a crisis, if we beat them, does that mean it doesn't count for them? Because obviously the only good teams we've played are the two Manchester ones.

"Couldn't play Chelsea at a better time." O0

In fairness, you couldn't. :razz: