Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

I'm having to avoid twitter. The amount of s**** being spread about him is truly horrific.

Thankfully I've not seen any of that. Everything I've seen about him has been positive. As it should be.

The jokes are disgusting. I'd recommend blocking that sickipedia bot if anyone follows it.

Is it really any different to the kind of things said on here with Winehouse and the like?

It's not the time to get into a petty argument, lad. We've just lost a club legend far too early.

They mentioned it on the Leeds Website. It will be wrong if NUFC don't make a statement.

No, of course definitely. Just that the pouring in of tributes from Newcastle fans all over means more.

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc: The board, manager, staff and players of Newcastle United are today deeply saddened to learn of the tragic death of Gary Speed"

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc: "Gary will be deeply missed by everyone at Newcastle United."

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc: The board, manager, staff and players of Newcastle United are today deeply saddened to learn of the tragic death of Gary Speed"

4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc: "Gary will be deeply missed by everyone at Newcastle United."

Guest elbee909

Ours is his only former club that doesn't have anything on the website.

I've mailed them, but let's face it, any feedback from the fans goes straight to the trash, doesn't it.

Just seen this on Twitter

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/457905959.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1322404465&Signature=GKbClCpLluQUegdTV9Bm0XjvHU0%3D

Poor Shay :weep: Credit to those players going out there and playing on today.

Ours is his only former club that doesn't have anything on the website.

I've mailed them, but let's face it, any feedback from the fans goes straight to the trash, doesn't it.

Doesn't matter where it goes, anything they say or do will sound hollow and contrived anyway - because it will be coming from this lot - and be criticized as such, but of course silence is just as bad.  Honestly don't give a flying fuck about some meaningless statement from people who don't care.

Yesterday I woke up, turned on the tv and was delighted to see Gary Speed on Football focus. I remember thinking what a handsome, healthy man he looked. Today I turned on the tv, went on teletext, and saw the top story "Wales manager Gary Speed..." I thought oh no, he's not resigned has he? I must have read the headline about three times before I realised what it was saying.

Really sad news, almost inconceivable that he could have done something like this. He seemed so full of life on FF and had so much going for him.

RIP