Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

For those that watched Football Focus was he actually sat in the studio yesterday or was it a feature which would have been filmed last week.

Very shaken by this, can't understand it.  It's a horrible shame if he felt he couldn't reach out to anyone.  Hopefully another wake up call to those that trivialise depression at every opportunity just because they can't comprehend it themselves.

And what a great guy and a top player for us, a player you could be proud of.  RIP Gary Speed.

For those that watched Football Focus was he actually sat in the studio yesterday or was it a feature which would have been filmed last week.

Very shaken by this, can't understand it.  It's a horrible shame if he felt he couldn't reach out to anyone.  Hopefully another wake up call to those that trivialise depression at every opportunity just because they can't comprehend it themselves.

And what a great guy and a top player for us, a player you could be proud of.  RIP Gary Speed.

Yeah in the studio, brief clip talking about Phil Jones on that Sun link.

He was a guest in the studio. Seemed his level-headed self, articulated his views on the show very well indeed.

Guest antz1uk

i dont often comment, usually just prefer to read the good craic and banter on here daily, however with the loss of Gary Speed makes this such a sad sad day, i'm currently getting ready to go out for a pint with mates to celebrate the birthday of a fine friend we had who sadly took his own life in the same way just a little under 12 months ago, i'll be raising a glass to both of them now

RIP Gary Speed and Peter  :'(

my thoughts to your family

Guest fluctuator

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/457905959.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1322407403&Signature=MtYvLHYtWrK53KR4VWC%2FYTOaGoQ%3D

Shay Given in tears after the minute's silence for Gary Speed at Swansea...

frm http://twitpic.com/7kmihz

yeah as people have said he was in the studio.  Seems he also recorded a separate piece afterwards intended for broadcast next week. He also asked if shearer was in the studio as was gonna  pop up and catch up. Just watched the clip and he seems his normal cool self. He is twitching his fingers at the beginning but it's probably just me over analysing.  Still can't believe this. Looking at the clips and seeing his big smile had me in tears  RIP Gary a real legend who will be sorely missed by all in the football family.