Gary Speed (1969–2011)

Dokko

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm having to avoid twitter. The amount of s**** being spread about him is truly horrific.

Thankfully I've not seen any of that. Everything I've seen about him has been positive. As it should be.

The jokes are disgusting. I'd recommend blocking that sickipedia bot if anyone follows it.

To be fair if you're following that, you should have expected something tasteless. Internet is hardly the most classy of places.

Guest michaelfoster

not sure if already posted but would be awesome if the whole of SJP sang 'there's only one Gary Speed' against Chelsea

I'm having to avoid twitter. The amount of s**** being spread about him is truly horrific.

Thankfully I've not seen any of that. Everything I've seen about him has been positive. As it should be.

The jokes are disgusting. I'd recommend blocking that sickipedia bot if anyone follows it.

I unfollowed it once I saw the tweets. Made me feel sick.

Think the account has been deleted. Rightfully so if they're at that craic. That's just not on.

To be fair if you're following that, you should have expected something tasteless. Internet is hardly the most classy of places.

:thup: Considering most of said jokes get passed around when it's not someone directly releated to this football club, and laughed at, you can't expect that they won't be making the rounds.

:thup: Considering most of said jokes get passed around when it's not someone directly releated to this football club, and laughed at, you can't expect that they won't be making the rounds.

Exactly, it's sickipedia. Best just to ignore it when it's closer to home.

Fair point that like. Double standards to enjoy the jokes when it's somebody not quite as close to home.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Is it really any different to the kind of things said on here with Winehouse and the like?

Robbie Savage can barely speak on News 24.

Never thought I'd feel sorry for Robbie Savage, but I really felt for him there, looked utterly distraught.

Think I'm going to have to turn the TV off soon, it's too upsetting, I've been on the verge of tears a few times today and I never cry, let alone about someone I didn't even know.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Looked the least likely person to kill himself, so calm and sensible.

Sorry if that sounds naive but you know what i mean.

Know exactly what you mean.

Gary Speed was one of those people you wanted to do well wherever he was.

Proud that he was so closely associated with Newcastle United.

Listening to this guy talking about seeing Gary yesterday and him being normal and enthusiastic about the future makes this whole thing all the stranger. If no one had seen him for a few days or if there was some hint that he was in a dark place it would be easier to conceive but it's such a massive shock

I'm quite angry that our f***ing club hasn't made any sort of announcement on the website. :no:

Meh. What is a club anyway?

They mentioned it on the Leeds Website. It will be wrong if NUFC don't make a statement.