Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think Löw played it a bit too far there. To change Klose for Gomez was absolutely understandable. To change Reus and Schürrle for poor playing Müller and Podolski against poor Greece, too.

To bring in Kroos, and therefor change the whole system (apparantely) against strong Italy is probably a step too far. Probably.

I want Italy to win this for how they've played in this tournament and because of my natural dislike of arch rivals Germany, but I also ideally want a Germany vs Spain final as I think Germany is a stronger rival for Spain and I would hate Spain to take the trophy especially playing so conservatively.. :dontknow:

Seriously how can you enjoy Spain match? It is f***ing boring.  It is a f***ing negative tactics that the aim is to eliminating opponent's chance by having as much possession as possible. That is not Barca FFS.

I'm with you, its f***ing boring. Passing is a means to attack not an ends in itself. It's all fine showing of your passing skills, but very little action takes place in the final third of the pitch. I suppose the Barca bumming boys might find Spain's play enjoyable because of oooh look at their possession statistics. I hope Germany t*** them in the final. 

Absolutely mental opinion. The idea that Barca or Spain are boring is ridiculous, you're not fully appreciating all the aspects of football if you think that IMO.

Patience, technique, persistence, pressing the ball in defense, I could watch them play all day.

Also, as Iniesta said the other day, teams set out to contain and frustrate Spain, so that results in a tight game. If people would be brave enough to attack them, the game would be more open.

You misunderstood me, I like Barca's style because they have that cutting edge largely due to the combination of Iniesta and Messi. Spain is Barcelona without Messi and without that cutting edge in the final third, they are f***ing boring. The whole 'other teams set out to frustrate Spain" is just an excuse (do you expect Iniesta to admit that they are boring s***). Whilst it might be true for some games, it does not always apply. For the record for large part of yesterday's game Portugal looked like the team more intent on attacking and instead of exploiting this, Spain was just fannying around passing the ball in midfield and showing off their superior passing and possession stats. Sorry football is about scoring goals not passing the ball aimlessly

OK, I agree a cutting edge is better, but I just think it's becoming the fashionable opinion to say Spain/Barca are boring at the moment. Nobody was saying that when they were passing their way to every trophy going. Obviously they haven't been at their best in this tournament like.

Personally I don't think their passing is aimless, possession is everything in football and when you control it you control the game.

Anyway, each to their own, personally I quite like the audacity of playing without a striker and believing that you can follow your philosophy to those extremes. I enjoy fast paced football with great strikers on show, but I enjoy this just as much.

Nothing to do with fashion. A strong contingent of football fans just like penetrative football and like our football champions to obliterate inferior teams when they have the capacity to do so. We do find it boring to watch. It's an opinion we're entitled to - it's a question of aesthetics - as you allude to in your last paragraph.

Never looked forward to so many games to be ultimately dissapointed as I have in Euro 12

As I've said earlier, this has IMO been the most dissapointing EC/WC in my life (since I can remember paying attention - 96). Well dissapointed, felt like a chore watching most games.  :undecided:

Spain games generally are boring to watch, to be honest.

The way they set up is very, very cautious. They rarely commit more than a couple of men to the box on an attack, and they very rarely try anything too ambitious when in possession. The result is that it's incredibly difficult to score goals against them as you rarely have possession of the ball and when you do get it they generally have a lot of men behind the ball so you can't hit them on the break.

The strategy is to deny the opposition any goal threat and patiently probe away at teams in the final third, waiting for a lapse in concentration from the defence or a moment of magic from one of Spain's players. The result is that they don't create that many chances, but they allow their opponents absolutely nothing.

In the knockout rounds of the last three international tournaments Spain have played 9 games. In those games they've scored 10 goals and conceded none in games that generally don't have a lot of chances. It shouldn't be that hard to see why some people find them dull to watch.

That doesn't mean I don't appreciate how good they are. No other team in the world could play the way they do, the touch, technique and coolness on the ball is absolutely amazing, with the exception of Arbeloa the whole team is absolutely top class in their use of the ball. We may never see another side like them and they should be appreciated while they're here.

I'm sure that all the people who call them boring do appreciate how good they are, but they're entitled to call them boring IMO.

I really hope Germany rip their heads off.

Never looked forward to so many games to be ultimately dissapointed as I have in Euro 12

As I've said earlier, this has IMO been the most dissapointing EC/WC in my life (since I can remember paying attention - 96). Well dissapointed, felt like a chore watching most games.  :undecided:

The last world cup was far worse. So was the previous Euro tournament tbh.