Spain win Euro 2012

Stifler
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Makes me laugh watching Arbeloa for Spain, he looks so out of place.

Even when he's completely free on the right (something I imagine the opposition intentionally allow) the Spain players still don't bother passing to him. When they do pass to him he passes sideways or backwards.

So he actually fits in quite well?

Really not having fun with this Euros. No truly dramatic matches, no great stories, pretty much the best four teams in the quarters, and a final that's about 99% likely to finish 1-0 with Spain winning again despite being massively unimpressive.

2008 was so much better.

Really not having fun with this Euros. No truly dramatic matches, no great stories, pretty much the best four teams in the quarters, and a final that's about 99% likely to finish 1-0 with Spain winning again despite being massively unimpressive.

2008 was so much better.

In fairness, the group stages were quite exciting this year! Lots of surprise drop outs.....Netherlands, Russia, Poland etc. It's just the knockout stages have been pretty dire in terms of excitement. But I do agree that 2008 was miles better- that was probably the best international tournament I've ever seen!

Pirlo vs Xavi should really be a lot more beautiful than the slow, stopping and starting, fat, ugly pig that it's likely to be like.

Like the group game?

Xavi hasn't been playing the Pirlo role this tournament either. He's been playing ahead of Xabi/Biscuits and has looked poorer as a result. Alonso has that role (although instructed to play it more cautiously than for Madrid until ET of QF's) and he plays that role in a more similar fashion to Pirlo as he plays more long passes and looks to switch play.

Thought that the ET against Portugal were the best 30 minutes of football Spain have produced this tournament. Maybe it's because the sides were both tired and less organized at that point, or maybe because Pedro and Navas gave us finally some mobility upfront...

Xavi hasn't had a good tournament, but his position in the pitch isn't helping him. We really should drop one of the two Xavi's and play Iniesta centrally, who's more comfortable near the box, and a proper winger on the left (like Pedro). But that would make us too exciting.

VDB is too getting stick in the home front for his conservative approach, but the results are there. :dontknow:

Thought that the ET against Portugal were the best 30 minutes of football Spain have produced this tournament. Maybe it's because the sides were both tired and less organized at that point, or maybe because Pedro and Navas gave us finally some mobility upfront...

Xavi hasn't had a good tournament, but his position in the pitch isn't helping him. We really should drop one of the two Xavi's and play Iniesta centrally, who's more comfortable near the box, and a proper winger on the left (like Pedro). But that would make us too exciting.

VDB is too getting stick in the home front for his conservative approach, but the results are there. :dontknow:

That's exactly what I was thinking watching the game. You are just over loaded with gifted midfielders and del Bosque doesn't want to drop any of them.

Some really tedious football. So careful and dainty might as well go out there with tu tu's on.

I'll be genuinely amazed if Spain don't win 1-0. :lol:

They were crap last night and obviously didn't deserve to go through, but I can't help but feel Germany were the side more capable of beating Spain.

I think Spain would have picked Germany's defence apart in much the same way Italy did last night. Italy have already shown in the group stage that they're more than capable of giving Spain a game.

Hope Italy win and put this 3-7-0 to bed.

Definitely. Really p*ssed off with Del Bosque's tactics and Spain's, what is now to me, boring football. Hope Balotelli does them.