Newcastle United 0 - 3 Chelsea - 12/03/11 - post-match reaction from page 37

Beren

Just got in. We didn't deserve to lose by that 3-0 scoreline like.

What I can say is we gave 100% to the cause, the lack of cutting edge from either wing was worrying mind (bar Lovenkrands' run). Our left wing was completely exposed in the first half, Sturridge pretty much destroyed Raylor on every occasion. Raylor did better in the second half though.

What was also encouraging was the centre of midfield. The fact that I don't remember Lampard and Mata doing much speaks volumes.

Oh, David Luiz should have got sent off, the ref (prick) completely bottled it. Still can't believe that he only got a yellow card.

Stand-out players were Krul, Saylor and Guthrie. Hope the injury to Coloccini isn't too serious, not looking good for Saylor :(

Mata was tearing us to pieces <.< Guthrie and Cabaye played well but we really needed Tiote in the last 3 games.

I can't really blame Raylor for getting torn to pieces by Sturridge, even Jose struggled badly against him last season.

Found it difficult to overly criticise Raylor. The absence of Jonas was critical and he was getting very little assistance down that side.

Anyone else get pissed off at how horrendously biased Alan Smith was on Sky? Despite us hitting the ba/post nueous times, we never looked like scoring apparently...penis

tbh, I think he is quite on our side, in his pre match reports, canny pundit imo.

Found it difficult to overly criticise Raylor. The absence of Jonas was critical and he was getting very little assistance down that side.

It was ridiculous tbh. Chelseas game plan must have been their easiest ever.

Just knock the ball over LB head for sturridge to run on to.

I've always found Alan Smith repulsive, his commentary was clearly biased towards Chelsea. Yes Chelsea were the better team but the way he talked was if we were mauled all game.

Mind you, makes a change from Davey fucking Provan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16023156.stm

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew says referee Mike Dean has admitted he should have sent off Chelsea defender David Luiz during Saturday's match on Tyneside.

Luiz saw yellow for a professional foul on Demba Ba early on in the Blues 3-0 win at the Sports Direct Arena.

Pardew revealed on Sky Sports' Goals on Sunday that Dean had initially stood by his decision but has since changed his opinion after reviewing the incident.

"He said, 'I made a mistake, he should have been sent off'," said Pardew.

The Newcastle boss added: "At half-time yesterday, his opinion was different, but his opinion would have been altered if his assistant referee had done his job, in my opinion.

"When I saw the referee at half-time, I said, 'Why did you not send him off?'. He said to me, 'He didn't have control of the ball'.

"Well, how can you have control of the ball when the guy is knocking you over?

"I have got no problem with the referee, he made a mistake. The bigger problem I have got is with the linesman on this occasion, because I was looking at the linesman.

"The linesman can see that - he didn't flag, he didn't go mad, he didn't do anything, so Mike Dean is making that decision from 40 yards away.

"If the linesman is waving his flag and suggesting, 'You know what, this is an incident here', and they have got their little mics...

"It would have altered the game, down to 10 men, Chelsea, the pressure they were under.

"I wouldn't have lost my centre-half [steven Taylor] to injury because we were forcing the game. I had people charging around trying to get back a situation when we would have been in control of the game.

"Not only do I lose the game, but I have lost two players through injury [Taylor and Fabricio Coloccini]. I'm still angry."

The incident occurred four minutes into Saturday's match at the Sports Direct Arena, with the score still 0-0.

Home striker Ba got himself goal side of Luiz, with no other defenders in front of him, but was hauled down by the Portuguese centre-back, who was booked for the foul.

With a full compliment of players, Chelsea went on to win 3-0 through goals from Didier Drogba, substitute Salomon Kalou and Daniel Sturridge.

Wankers using that name btw.

Wish there was an internet-wide macro/virus to change every instance of that name to SJP.

Not sure if refereeing this season has been worse than usual, or we've just been party to games with more howlers than normal. Would a Fulham or Norwich fan have much to say?

Wish there was an internet-wide macro/virus to change every instance of that name to SJP.

Not sure if refereeing this season has been worse than usual, or we've just been party to games with more howlers than normal. Would a Fulham or Norwich fan have much to say?

The howler against Man City when Baye was sent off was worse and a decision that made the difference between us staying up and going down.

Not gonna say much other than one woeful refereeing decision changed the whole complex of the game. Forget our penalty last week, this was far worse, it was about level with me and I can't believe that a professional ref can get that so wrong. Staggered.

just looked at the replay & Luiz after the foul gives a smug little smirk once he knows it's not to be a red.  :angryfire:

Guest Heneage

What makes it worse is, AVB was a bit of a twat in his post match. You'd expect a man that spent time with Sir Bobby to have a bit of decorum.

Just looked at the table and saw us 6th, and felt a twinge of disappointment

If someone told me by now I'd be disappointed at 6th at start of season I would have slapped them...or probably just laughed my head off

Same, it's mental. We should also remind ourselves a lot how well we're still doing.