Norwich vs Newcastle - 10/12/11 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

I think sticking Tiote and Cabaye and tell them to protect defence will be alright, baring in mind our defence has been better than everyone elses so far this season, a worse defence may just bring us down to average. (which is a low standard in teh league). I say pack midfield, but make sure not too defensively, keep ball further up, before we could be reasonably happy letting defense soak up attacks, now we should be a bit more proactive in getting it back sooner. Tiote back will help.

Tiote is out of this game so why are people putting him in the starting 11?

What about Abeid in a 5 man midfield?

Where's that from? All I've seen is Pardew refusing to commit because he missed Chelsea after saying he'd be back.

Abeid is available btw, his team got knocked out.

Tiote is out of this game so why are people putting him in the starting 11?

What about Abeid in a 5 man midfield?

Didn't Pardew say before the Chelsea game he would miss that game and probably the Norwich game? I can't remember the exact quote, and I have no idea how to use search functions well on here.

Where's that from? All I've seen is Pardew refusing to commit because he missed Chelsea after saying he'd be back.

Abeid is available btw, his team got knocked out.

:lol:

And giving a further insight on Tiote’s injury, Pardew said: “It’s still his knee, but it’s taking longer than we had hoped.

“I said he would play this week, and he’s not going to play, so I’m not going to say he’s going to play at Norwich.”

I've been on this forum since it started and I still have no idea how to do the basics. I'm genuinely in awe of Ronaldo when he find's peoples opinions from months back, I tried that once in the Danny Simpson thread and it took me around an hour.

I'm not getting my hopes up then. Will be chuffed if he comes back. Think we need Best or Shola in this game, defend from the front.

Perch & Simpson at centre back. :scared:

It'd be a disgrace if we fielded that central defence in League One. :lol:

i agree but we haven't got many other options!!  The way Perch tackles and picks up booking we could be missing him by the time we play Swansea or West Brom....

There's no way I would support Simpson playing as a centre back considering his tendency to back away and fail to close down incoming players. Any word on how Santon plays as a full back? Is his style of play similar to Jose Enrique, and if so would it worth playing him as our other CB?

Trying to be positive, but Jonas back should hopefully plug the left side for players of Norwich's calibre. Had Krul not saved the penalty, our left side weakness would had us losing against Chelsea with Colo and Taylor still on the pitch.

Norwich have scored half their goals from crosses, so this game could well leave us with a sense of what might have been. They're no big shakes in goal or defensively though, so we should be back in the goals ourselves. Howay the lads!