Norwich vs Newcastle - 10/12/11 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

Alan Smith at centre half? Obviously a disaster waiting to happen but possibly some leadership and authority at the back? Also am I right in thinking Gosling can play there? Seen a few people on FB saying he can?!!?

Alan Smith at centre half? Obviously a disaster waiting to happen but possibly some leadership and authority at the back? Also am I right in thinking Gosling can play there? Seen a few people on FB saying he can?!!?

Indeed it would be a disaster, Smith would get sent off within the first minute.

Krul

Simpson    Shola    Best    Santon

Obertan      Tiote    Cabaye    Gutierrez

Ba              Ben Arfa

I think for the majority of games Cabaye's been decent rather than great. Guthrie's been the better midfielder over the last month.

Is that not just due to Cabaye doing the Tiote style donkey work though?

Nah, Guthrie's done more of the donkey work than Cabaye

Krul

Santon      Simpson            Perch      Taylor

Tiote                  Jonas

Guthrie        Cabaye

Obertan

Ba

Basically shield the defence like fuck and let Obertan attack Barnett.

Rather see Shola at the back

This is actually an excellent idea under the circumstances. Chris Sutton did this and Dion Dublin also with great success. I think it is easier for a skilfull front man to make the transition back rather than a centre back to go forward.

Alan Shearer could have played another season if he had done this and still come forward for free kicks,corners etc. Would have scored another 10 goals.

Rather see Shola at the back

This is actually an excellent idea under the circumstances. Chris Sutton did this and Dion Dublin also with great success. I think it is easier for a skilfull front man to make the transition back rather than a centre back to go forward.

Alan Shearer could have played another season if he had done this and still come forward for free kicks,corners etc. Would have scored another 10 goals.

I actually can't remember Shearer scoring from corner during his last season as a forward.

Plus, a traffic cone would probably do a better defensive job than Shola.