Norwich vs Newcastle - 10/12/11 - Pre Match Thread

Decky

As much as I would love to get one over on these inbreds, I can't see it the way we're shaping up with injuries. They're a good side - hard working and know how to pass the ball about. 1 or 2 nil I reckon.

Pardew needs his head examined if Santon doesn't play some part in this fixture.

Forgotten the rules but doesnt 3 centre backs out enable us to get an emergency loan?

Er...I don't think so? :lol: We might need an emergency loan, but we aren't obliged to get one. Maybe you're thinking of the 'keeper emergency loan?

Ryan Taylor simply cannot play, never seen a player get "done" so many times in a game.

Problem is he will though. Hopefully won't get such a battering as Sturridge is an excellent player and Jonas will be back to cover his backside. Would still rather have Santon there but can't see it - when you are facing a defensive crisis then I suppose the least logical thing to do is drop another one of the back 4 that have been so successful to date.

That said wouldn't be surprised to see Santon play in a back four something like:

Santon - Simpson - Perch - Raylor

3 full backs who are at best average premier league players and another who hasn't started a game in the prem yet...give me strength  :lol:

Would be a real boost to get Tiote back for this one, then at least we would have a strong front 6. Would snap your hand off for a draw right now!

Not sure. I remember the forest game away in the championship where Simpson was awful at CB. I put Santon there just because of his height, but not really sure what the lesser of two evils would be.

Honestly believe our best available back four would be:

Simpson - Perch - Kadar - Santon

However, there is not a cat in hells chance that we will see that.

Ryan Taylor simply cannot play, never seen a player get "done" so many times in a game. 

I remember Ian Harte having a similar experience against us ten years ago this month.

Santon - Perch - Simpson - Jonas IMO If Tiote is availiable he can play CB.

No way should Tiote play in defence, to rash in the tackle and does not put his foot through the ball. Best hope is Kadar or Santon I reckon

There are so many different possibilities but non of them look very good

This may offer most cover to the fullbacks

---------------Krul

Simo---Perch----Kadar---Santon

--------Guth------Cab

Rtay----------------------Jonas

--------------HBA

---------------Ba

Tiote will be far better off preventing our defence from seeing the ball than been amongst them like.

Aye IF and thats a canny big IF like, if Tiote is fit he must he sat in front of the defence

---------------Krul

Simo---Perch----Kadar---Santon

--------------Tiote

------Guth-----------Cab

HBA----------------------Jonas

---------------Ba

Krul

Simpson    Perch          Kadar      Santon

Ben Arfa    Cabaye      Guthrie    Jonas

Best/Ameobi  Ba

Well we just need to go all out attack for this one in my opinion. Sitting back and soaking up pressure with Perch at CB does not appeal at all. Obertan is too frustrating for me, can't pick out a simple pass alot of the time. Ben arfa needs more space to operate in get him out wide. Sammy to come on at some point.

Perch will unfortunately almost certainly have to play.Obertan and Raylor for some reason seem undroppable to pardew.. Kadar unfortunately may not play, same with Santon and Ben arfa. Worried that with the injuries we now have we may struggle to get back to winning ways. Pardew may compound that by continuing with his love of Obertan and Raylor when we have better alternatives.

Don't think Pards will leave Obertan out - this is the kind of away game he seems to have been bought for.

The more pace we can get in the side the better - will mean that Norwich won't be able to commit too many going forward. Having Obertan, Ba, Ben Arfa and even Jonas there as attacking forces will hopefully help relieve the pressure on the defence. Would also like to see us follow Man City's example and leave a couple up from corners - Ben Arfa and Obertan for example - this will at least lead to a less crowded penalty area and force Norwich into leaving 3 back to defend.

Krul

Santon      Simpson    Perch      Raylor

Cabaye  Tiote  Guthrie

Ben Arfa                                    Jonas

Ba

protection for the defence and quick and accurate passing going forward

Krul

Santon      Simpson    Perch      Santon

Cabaye  Tiote  Guthrie

Ba

Santon x 2?

Krul

Santon      Simpson    Perch      Santon

Cabaye  Tiote  Guthrie

Ba

Santon x 2?

yeah just noticed that, edited!

Krul

Santon      Simpson    Perch      Raylor

Cabaye  Tiote  Guthrie

Ba

protection for the defence and quick and accurate passing going forward

This would be the set up, I'd go for if I had my way.