Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

Mason is bent, has to be. He should be investigated. Literally no excuse for how wrong some of his decisions have been. I wouldn't be surprised if he is involved in some sort of bet fixing. If it's incompetence he needs sacking, alternatively locking up 

24 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

I've only ever seen the name Jacque Talbot on here and its usually full of shite is he even a real journalist? Who does he write for? 

Great thing about Twitter is if you click on the link you’ll find all that in their Bio 🙂

Without knowing what was said, if anything, Lemina does seem a bit harshly done by but generally speaking England is way out of kilter compared to other European leagues when it comes to cards for dissent. You really don't have to do much complaining at all to get booked for it in Italy or Spain.

Are the players briefed whenever these new on-the-fly rules are brought in?

So I'm right in thinking that if you're the 3rd player to complain you get a yellow, but you're (theoretically) alright if you're the 1st or 2nd player to complain, possibly multiple times? 

There should be far more cards for dissent like. You basically shouldn't be able to talk to the referee at all. 

I guess some referees like to build relationships with players through talking to them but I would much prefer if they just applied the rules objectively and to the book.

17 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Are the players briefed whenever these new on-the-fly rules are brought in?

So I'm right in thinking that if you're the 3rd player to complain you get a yellow, but you're (theoretically) alright if you're the 1st or 2nd player to complain, possibly multiple times? 

Has anyone said that's actually guidance issued to referees? Sounded like Gillet had just made it up to me. I think on SSN they'd said they were told that he ran aggressively at the ref, which is something that's very commonly booked for in Europe, but he clearly doesn't do that.

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

The "third player over gets a yellow" thing seemed to happen to Ruben Dias yesterday in the Man City game too, that's why people are suddenly thinking it's a new rule.

Missed that, interesting. Seems a bit silly and arbitrary. What if the third player is the captain, who is supposedly the player allowed to talk to the ref?

John Brooks has been replaced as the VAR operator for Liverpool's game against Everton on Monday and Arsenal's game with Manchester City on Wednesday.

Brooks made a mistake when he was in charge of VAR for Brighton's 1-1 draw at Crystal Palace on Saturday.

Brighton had a goal disallowed for offside after the VAR guidelines were wrongly drawn.

Andre Marriner will replace Brooks on Monday, while David Coote will assume VAR duties on Wednesday.

Howard Webb, chief of referees' body PGMOL, has called a meeting for Premier League referees to discuss mistakes in the use of VAR this weekend.

Edited by 54

25 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Has anyone said that's actually guidance issued to referees? Sounded like Gillet had just made it up to me. I think on SSN they'd said they were told that he ran aggressively at the ref, which is something that's very commonly booked for in Europe, but he clearly doesn't do that.

I'm not convinced he even looked to see Lemina running towards him before brandishing the second yellow

Something needs to be done about surrounding refs but to put a team down to 10 men for that seems really harsh. Especially if it's not consistently used by refs 

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

I'm not convinced he even looked to see Lemina running towards him before brandishing the second yellow

Something needs to be done about surrounding refs but to put a team down to 10 men for that seems really harsh. Especially if it's not consistently used by refs 

Suspect you're right and that he wouldn't have given it if he'd realised it was a player already booked.

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Need a sin bin so there is an intermediate penalty short of a sending off. Of course this means you need a play clock.

Dermot Gallacher said there is no third player rule on Ref Watch, it's more if a player travels a distance to get into the refs face.

Not sure if he's right, seems so with Lemina and Diaz, although Lemina's seemed awfully harsh. But if you know the new laws, don't run 20, 30 yards to get at the ref.