Norwich City 4 - 2 Newcastle United - 10/12/11 - post-match reaction page 44

midds

All that is happening is that we are now playing at our true level, and despite the good start to the season we all knew deep down that's it's not actually very high. We'll be 7th at the end of the day with a nice gap to whoever is 8th. I wouldn't put any money on us staying this high for very long though. We are short of CB's, week at fullback, poor in centre midfield as soon as we have the slightest injury, we have piss poor wingers and only one striker who can score goals. Don't tell me anyone is surprised?

"Our true level" :lol:

Fuck off man. Embarrassing.

Aye. Not sure how it's not obvious the defense is shocking given the goals we've conceded.

We've scored twice, could've been better going forward, but attacking is not the issue today.

It was a forgone conclusion. They're good in the air to begin with and we had two right backs in central defense.

Literally every fucking cross was a goalscoring opportunity.

Was it shite :lol: Yes, they scored 4 headers but three came from corners, Simpson has had a great game at CB (relative to what you would have expected of him vs Holt and Morrison). Has really stepped up today in defending in open play.

Gotta say, I'm impressed by people's knowledge on Tamas Kadar. I mean, I've seen him play maybe two times, but by the sounds of this thread, we've got some real Tamas Kadar experts.

It's based on Perch. Not on Kadar.

Gotta say, I'm impressed by people's knowledge on Tamas Kadar. I mean, I've seen him play maybe two times, but by the sounds of this thread, we've got some real Tamas Kadar experts.

I don't think anyone claims to be an expert, they can just see the shit we have now and that surely he can't be worse than that.

It's based on Perch. Not on Kadar.

Watched him quite a lot in the Championship.  Was better than Perch.

Aye. Not sure how it's not obvious the defense is shocking given the goals we've conceded.

We've scored twice, could've been better going forward, but attacking is not the issue today.

It was a forgone conclusion. They're good in the air to begin with and we had two right backs in central defense.

Literally every fucking cross was a goalscoring opportunity.

Was it shite :lol: Yes, they scored 4 headers but three came from corners, Simpson has had a great game at CB (relative to what you would have expected of him vs Holt and Morrison). Has really stepped up today in defending in open play.

:thup: the issue is not the height so much it's been the total lack of marking from set pieces.

With the players availabe, what do we do differently in defence?

Play the lad who's a centre back called Kadar.

For whatever reason, he's not been around the first team squad this season.

Next option?

Smith man. Why?

Has Pardew recently taken up an adiction to heroin or something?

He probably was given order to lose a few games in order to reduce the fans' expectations. In the end, Ashley probably would have started fancying European football himself and would have had to buy 1 or 2 players in January.

Guest Chris P

Oh dear. Pearch isnt all to blame though. Big side and ref has been a wanker. Apart from that thought we played some good stuff. If we had responded there would have been red cards all over the place.