Norwich City 4 - 2 Newcastle United - 10/12/11 - post-match reaction page 44

midds

Have to say it was to expected really. Cabaye was one of the stand out for us. As was Ba and Ameobi in the second half. Thought Santon had reasonable game game really, he's certainly very good technically. Think he needs more games, should get the way Taylor was playing.

"Our true level" :lol:

Fuck off man. Embarrassing.

:whistle:

Can I get just one tiny Christmas miracle out of this? Straight red for Smith? Please?

Literally every fucking cross was a goalscoring opportunity.

Fuck, the relegationometer thread must be so deep down now, it's going to be impossible to dig up.

Cabaye is going to break his leg before this game ends. I can feel it.

:idiot2:

We're going to end up conceding a penalty YET AGAIN at some point in this game :lol:

:whistle:  :angel:

:lol: Unfair, tbh. Oldtype is off his tits in every match thread.

Well done to Simpson too, btw - who has been subject to a lot of stick. Not fantastic by any means, but did very well in an unfamiliar role.

Good intro for Santon. Shame we shipped four, but not his fault. Hopefully he'll stay in the team. Shola continued to show really good form too as a link-up striker. So, some positives... but annoying.

Shouldn't take it for granted, but Cabaye and Ba were sensational again. Don't deserve to be on the losing side whatsoever.

Guest Benarfanufc10

Obertan, Gosling, Perch, f*** off.

HBA, please f*** in.

That's the thing, though. Once again Ba looks a different player with a striker alongside him.

Got to get him on the wing instead of Obertan. He won't do it.

GTFO norwich  :idiot2: ben arfa go loan

if pardew doesnt want play with ben arfa that's reality

Ben arfa says nononooooooooooo wing wtf it's joke

The wheels are well and truly off the Newcastle United wagon. Just when I was enjoying them doing well for a change things take a massive turn for the worst. I should have expected it all Newcastle have ever done to their supporters is build us up just to fuck us all the way down. Ei ay ei ay ei ay oh down the Premier Leauge we go.

What stage of the season do you go back to RTG? Your messiah has arrived.

"Our true level" :lol:

Fuck off man. Embarrassing.

:whistle:

Can I get just one tiny Christmas miracle out of this? Straight red for Smith? Please?

Literally every fucking cross was a goalscoring opportunity.

Fuck, the relegationometer thread must be so deep down now, it's going to be impossible to dig up.

Cabaye is going to break his leg before this game ends. I can feel it.

:idiot2:

We're going to end up conceding a penalty YET AGAIN at some point in this game :lol:

:whistle:  :angel:

:lol: Unfair, tbh. Oldtype is off his tits in every match thread.

Fuck off. Only the ones where we lose.

appreciate the effort from the lads, even with 10 men and 4-2 down they kept going right til the end. I'm proud of them for that. But let's be honest. as soon as we saw the team sheet we all knew it was going to be tough with that defense. Santon impressed me.

Bottom line is we don't have enough strength in depth. A few injuries and we're screwed.

Well done to Simpson too, btw - who has been subject to a lot of stick. Not fantastic by any means, but did very well in an unfamiliar role.

Good intro for Santon. Shame we shipped four, but not his fault. Hopefully he'll stay in the team. Shola continued to show really good form too as a link-up striker. So, some positives... but annoying.

Shouldn't take it for granted, but Cabaye and Ba were sensational again. Don't deserve to be on the losing side whatsoever.

Agree with all of this :thup:

No surprise at the manner of defeat. No gripe with Pardew until they got their 3rd. Should have injected urgency and Ben Arfa into the game. They got nervous, especially after Ba pulled it back to 3-2. Ridiculous decisions from Gosling (to concede and get sent off), and the needless foul from Perch.

On the positive side, we know Santon exists, and can play a bit. Solid on his debut. Demba Ba is a very very good forward and scored two brilliant goals. Cabaye was good in midfield, but had too much to do. Simpson coped, Perch struggled. Obertan and Jonas anonymous.

Roll on Swansea

wtf Pardew??? We get back to 3-2 and he does nothing. I guess some players might be little tired. Glad you still took Shola off and brought in fresh legs of ALAN SMITH on f***ing 91st minute!

Well the only defender we could of brought on was Kadar, who has no experience at this level, so to put him and Perch together at CB would be even more suicidal, no?

He was right to keep it like that, we scored. It was the difference between who we were missing, and our 'reserves' which unfortunately was the difference today.

I'm not complaining about the defenders. But he certainly wasn't right to keep it like that. Shola was dying there and Obertan had been piss-poor all day and we had Best and HBA on the bench. There's no way we can give them pressure without fresh legs with 10 men.

Guest WashyGeordie

The wheels are well and truly off the Newcastle United wagon. Just when I was enjoying them doing well for a change things take a massive turn for the worst. I should have expected it all Newcastle have ever done to their supporters is build us up just to f*** us all the way down. Ei ay ei ay ei ay oh down the Premier Leauge we go.

:lol: :dowie:

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

The wheels are well and truly off the Newcastle United wagon. Just when I was enjoying them doing well for a change things take a massive turn for the worst. I should have expected it all Newcastle have ever done to their supporters is build us up just to f*** us all the way down. Ei ay ei ay ei ay oh down the Premier Leauge we go.

what you on about I wasn't being anti Newcastle are anything I love the club but I'm sick of all the multiple frustrations they bring me every fuckin' season.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

what you on about I wasn't being anti Newcastle are anything I love the club but I'm sick of all the multiple frustrations they bring me every fuckin' season.

Calm down Roy.

Guest Heneage

I'd swap both Ameobi and Best for Grant Hoult. Really impresses me that lad. Obertan wouldnt get a job in McDonalds if he had no pace about him.

The irony being Obertan is fairly intelligent and has the French equivalent of A-Levels.

A thoroughly depressing if not predictable scoreline. With just two of the 4 players missing we win this game and do it fairly comfortably in my opinion. Norwich are no great shakes and really should have hit more than four against a back four that consisted of a rake and a midget at centre back.

On the whole though, it's hard to get to upset because we've been fantastic this season and Ba give their backline a torrid time. Hopefully we can bandage Coloccini up and get Williamson on a segway for next week.

wtf Pardew??? We get back to 3-2 and he does nothing. I guess some players might be little tired. Glad you still took Shola off and brought in fresh legs of ALAN SMITH on f***ing 91st minute!

Well the only defender we could of brought on was Kadar, who has no experience at this level, so to put him and Perch together at CB would be even more suicidal, no?

He was right to keep it like that, we scored. It was the difference between who we were missing, and our 'reserves' which unfortunately was the difference today.

How many times has Perch played in central defence at this level?

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Calm down Roy.

I'll try. I have a serious habit of being extremely pissed when Nufc lose. May cause a over reaction or two so be warned.

I'd swap both Ameobi and Best for Grant Hoult. Really impresses me that lad. Obertan wouldnt get a job in McDonalds if he had no pace about him.

The irony being Obertan is fairly intelligent and has the French equivalent of A-Levels.

A thoroughly depressing if not predictable scoreline. With just two of the 4 players missing we win this game and do it fairly comfortably in my opinion. Norwich are no great shakes and really should have hit more than four against a back four that consisted of a rake and a midget at centre back.

On the whole though, it's hard to get to upset because we've been fantastic this season and Ba give their backline a torrid time. Hopefully we can bandage Coloccini up and get Williamson on a segway for next week.

he certainly doesn't look intelligent on the pitch. far from it.

i know plenty of idiots who have a-levels! not that much of an achievement tbh.