Norwich City 4 - 2 Newcastle United - 10/12/11 - post-match reaction page 44

midds

That was agame we just had to get through. No centre halfs would always be an achilles heel (oofSaylor) Norwich simply exposed our weakness with consumate ease. That will be their easiest game plan and win this season without a doubt.

Can only hope Colo and Willo will be back next week.

Couldn't think of a worse team to play against without a single centre back in the team. Have to say they got a bit lucky with the timing of our injuries.

Ahh well, fuck it. At least Ashley can't sell Colo in January now.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Clubs/Club_Home/2009/8/9/1249815912241/Mike-Ashley-001.jpg

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Really bad performance today. Defending was horrible from set pieces and basically cost us the game. That said it was just the defending that was bad it was our whole team. We basically had two chances the whole match and were lucky enough to score both of them.

Praying that Colo is fit for next week so we at least have one decent CB.

Dan Gosling was our worst player today though in my opinion. Did next to nothing in the hour he was on the pitch and then well and truly cost us the game by getting sent off at 3-1. It looked unlikely and would have been a long way back from 3-1 but it was perhaps do-able with 11 men but with 10 it was just too much.

Can't complain with any of that. We were soft in the middle, most of the lads tried really hard.

Gosling was daft/poor. Obertan was poor but for one run early in the second half.

We looked dangerous going forward, but without Tiote-Cabaye, we were never going to be able to dominate the midfield enough to keep them on the back foot and the exposure off our defence.

Hopefully Pardew will learn not to put full-backs in central defence though. We have Kadar - he's an actual centre back who can head the ball. Better than a round peg, or a Perch-shaped peg. No disrespect to the lad, but he's not a centre back.

Easy peasy win for Norwich in the end. Which is fucking galling when you think about just how much of a better side we are than them :lol: Honestly, if we'd have just one of Colo, Taylor or Williamson - that's a slaughter.

Fuck's sake.

Guest WashyGeordie

wtf Pardew??? We get back to 3-2 and he does nothing. I guess some players might be little tired. Glad you still took Shola off and brought in fresh legs of ALAN SMITH on f***ing 91st minute!

Well the only defender we could of brought on was Kadar, who has no experience at this level, so to put him and Perch together at CB would be even more suicidal, no?

He was right to keep it like that, we scored. It was the difference between who we were missing, and our 'reserves' which unfortunately was the difference today.

Ah well, we let team good at bullying center halves bully our stand in center halves. Got sending off in a game with known card-happy ref. Both leave a bad taste.

We showed little quality going forward, but what quality we showed was very effective, which begs the question why HBA wasn't set on them. He was no big shakes last week, but it was against a DM Barca weren't prepared to sell. I think he could some damage today.

I know Obertan wasn't the finished article when we bought him, but he looks too far off to be bothering with.

Santon doesn't look too bad and Ba was lethal when given the chance, so lets remember that and go for a win next week!

I'd swap both Ameobi and Best for Grant Hoult. Really impresses me that lad. Obertan wouldnt get a job in McDonalds if he had no pace about him.

Best :dowie:

Aye, he'd be a hell of problem along with Ba because this guy is a pain in the arse 100% of the time and scores goals. Put him in a better team and he'd bag a lot more in my opinion. Best scores goals but can be invisable. Ameobi, well I am gonna save me time typing that one out...

Dan Gosling was our worst player today though in my opinion. Did next to nothing in the hour he was on the pitch and then well and truly cost us the game by getting sent off at 3-1. It looked unlikely and would have been a long way back from 3-1 but it was perhaps do-able with 11 men but with 10 it was just too much.

I totally agree. Have never been impressed by him even when he was at Everton. played like an idiot in the first half. managed to top that in the second by playing like a dick. Poor Cabaye.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

The wheels are well and truly off the Newcastle United wagon. Just when I was enjoying them doing well for a change things take a massive turn for the worst. I should have expected it all Newcastle have ever done to their supporters is build us up just to fuck us all the way down. Ei ay ei ay ei ay oh down the Premier Leauge we go.

"Our true level" :lol:

Fuck off man. Embarrassing.

:whistle:

Can I get just one tiny Christmas miracle out of this? Straight red for Smith? Please?

Literally every fucking cross was a goalscoring opportunity.

Fuck, the relegationometer thread must be so deep down now, it's going to be impossible to dig up.

Cabaye is going to break his leg before this game ends. I can feel it.

:idiot2:

We're going to end up conceding a penalty YET AGAIN at some point in this game :lol:

:whistle:  :angel:

I totally agree. Have never been impressed by him even when he was at Everton. played like an idiot in the first half. managed to top that in the second by playing like a dick. Poor Cabaye.

Obertan was the worst player on th pitch by a country mile IMO